3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   desperately seeking encouragement... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/224829-desperately-seeking-encouragement.html)

DvineRbcc 02-04-2011 05:45 PM

desperately seeking encouragement...

Hey , everybody...i am an old member that is new to actually using the site...

i am in a bad place today...

i tend to starve and binge, but for the last month have been really working on learning to eat regular, healthy amounts throughout the day and have lost right at ten pounds...this is the first time in over three years i have seen any real amount of loss (meaning more than two or three pounds that came right back on).

but in the wee hours this morning i awoke and went on a binge...i consumed sooooooo many calories...i was diligent in journaling every bite (this is part of my plan) which thankfully did seem to slow me down and pull me out of the binge, but now i am trying to get through the rest of the day on like no calories..

i dont know why i did this...but i need some encouragment..i would also like to know what you guys do besides starve when you have no food/calorie allowances left for the day....

help me through this, please....:?:

Becky

VickieLou 02-04-2011 06:04 PM

:congrat: Becky on losing 10 Lbs. It's not good to starve yourself. Maybe, have a little protein and a salad. Just re-start again tomorrow. If you have some problem foods don't buy them anymore. Try to find health snacks to help you with your weight loss. Good Luck!

beerab 02-04-2011 06:05 PM

It's very hard to break old habits- sometimes they sneak back up on you.

Were you upset or stressed? I find that stress causes me to want to eat when I shouldn't.

I think the best thing to do is learn from the experience to try to figure out why you did it and what to do so it's not repeated again.

As for what to do when you are hungry and past the alloted calories- eat something with some protein- another 100-200 calories won't hurt if you are really starving.

How many calories are you eating? You might be under-eating for your weight.

ETA I agree if you don't have to buy the stuff then don't.

Initiative 02-04-2011 06:06 PM

I battle this problem as well. I've been better about keeping in check but I still have days where it happens. To stop myself from eating I usually do situps and drink a glass of water. After that having a yogurt with some other food really helps (usually granola, cashews, or toast). Even just drinking a glass of water whenever you want to eat a lot really helps. If I can't stop myself in time and end up eating too much I drink a lot of tea through out the day. I try to have 100-200 calorie snacks a few times during the day such as grapes, blueberries, and oatmeal. I usually let myself have a smaller but not too small of a dinner. Chicken breasts with steamed spinach is really good. Don't completely shut yourself down after you have gone on a binge. It's a set up for later problems because it becomes a cycle. Take it one day at a time and don't feel like you're the worst person in the world because you slipped up. Everyone learns and develops at there own pace so don't expect yourself to drop the habit in one night.

Good Luck!

:dust:

pnkrckpixikat 02-04-2011 06:29 PM

You can do this! This is one day and one binge, no one is perfect, if we were we wouldnt be needing to lose weight to begin with.

Dont starve yourself because you are out of calories, if you are hungry, actually hungry not bored or just wanting food, then eat, but try to minimize the calories you are having, have mostly fruits or veggies that are low in calories maybe add in some nuts or or a grilled chicken breast for protein.

What id also advise is try to work out why you binged to help avoid it in the future, if you know your triggers its easier to stop the ending binge. If its emotional then make yourself a mantra to help 'im (angry sad frustrated whatever) i dont need this (pizza bag of chips tray of cookies etc)' and find something to do to help ease the emotion or distract yourself (punch a pillow, scream into a pillow, whatever gets the emotion out and keeps you from burying the emotion under food)

if its bordem distract yourself, if its cause you feel deprived and so you break down into a binge, work a little of that food into your diet to prevent that feeling, sometimes ill have a skinny cow ice cream if im wanting ice cream, or a digorneo 400 cal pizza and veggies if im craving pizza etc

if its a specfic food triggering it, avoid that food

*hugs* either way you CAN do this! And slip ups are just slippups, not failures

DvineRbcc 02-04-2011 06:41 PM

Vicki:
thank you, the ten pounds was a surprise actually! my fiance had removed my scale because i was so obsessed with it and so i was able to just focus on healthy habits...after about thirty days i weighed again, and wow!

beerab:
was i stressed? not about anytng i can out my finger on, but i have been snowed in for the week and maybe subcnciously its getting to me..? will have to spend sometime thinking abut whatmight have brought it on because i had been doing really well and had not binged in almost a month...
my current calorie goal is 1600-1800 calories, with a focus on spreading it across atleast three meals and two to three snacks each day...so i think that shoukd be sufficient intake...?
this plan has been a work in progress...i began journaling Jan 1st to see what i was doing, and was shocked to find that i was averaging 3-4 days at a time with never getting above 1000 calories each day, and often staying under 700..that would be followed by a 24-48 hour binge that was mind boggling in numbers...one of my binges was over 20,000 calories in less than 48 hours..
so basically i am trying to learn to eat higher calorie amounts EVERY DAY to try to prevent these crazy binges...

initiative:
thank you for sharing, sometimes its hard to understand how i can be so overweight because most days i prefer not to eat...and then the binge hits...i appreciate the ideas for trying to ward off the next one....and yes...i do not want to return my old cycle...that is why i decided to open up and reach out for help..

all of your words are greatly appreciated!
Becky

DvineRbcc 02-04-2011 06:47 PM

pnkrck:
thank you...and you brought up something interesting...i did do something for dinner that i had not done in quite a while....pasta...baked spaghetti to be exact, but i was very careful to measure and not go outside my food plan...one cup of the pasta dishone piece of garlic bread, and a salad...

hmmm...do you suppose the pasta itself could have triggered something? i would not have thought of that, im still trying to feel all of this out...ya know?