3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Finally figured out how to get in my water... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/224463-finally-figured-out-how-get-my-water.html)

ToriLeigh 02-01-2011 03:12 PM

Finally figured out how to get in my water...

I'm horrible at drinking water, I'm a caffeine junkie so would much prefer my coke zero. Well, today, I told myself I couldn't have a pop with lunch unless I drank two hospital cups (the ones I have are 32 oz.) of water first. Yeah, I finished both and had my soda with lunch. Now I am about halfway through my third. Figure I will make myself finish 2 more before dinner. My goal is 5 for the day, with the amount of ice I have to have to drink water with, I figure that will give me about 100 oz for the day. Wish me luck and will power to keep keep it up.

amandaswan89 02-01-2011 03:15 PM

Thats a good plan. Ive never been big on soda, I am a coffee junkie. but my whole family is addicted so coke zero. So I will have to suggest this plan to my mom, also a fan of the hospital cups (for any kind of beverage lol) and also on a weight loss plan.

Keep up the good work :)

CutieCourt 02-01-2011 03:52 PM

OMG! I was so addicted to Coke Zero, like crazy! That's a good plan.

ToriLeigh 02-01-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amandaswan89 (Post 3688516)
Thats a good plan. Ive never been big on soda, I am a coffee junkie. but my whole family is addicted so coke zero. So I will have to suggest this plan to my mom, also a fan of the hospital cups (for any kind of beverage lol) and also on a weight loss plan.

Keep up the good work :)

Yeah, I love my hospital cups, I think that's half the reason I had another baby :D I drink so much more water when I have a straw, don't know why, but it works for me.

DisgruntledOne 02-01-2011 04:54 PM

sounds good. I started always having 2 cups with me always at home. One contains coke zero one is water. One sip water one sip soda etc etc etc after awhile I noticed I tend to go to the water cup more than the soda one.

starfishkitty 02-02-2011 02:38 AM

I do something similar..... I get three water bottles that equal to roughly those 8 to 9 8oz glasses a day we're supposed to aim for and make sure I drink all of them so that I know I'm getting the amount I'm supposed to. 3 bottles empty by the end of the day means I reached my goal! :D

Gale02 02-02-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToriLeigh (Post 3688675)
I drink so much more water when I have a straw, don't know why, but it works for me.

They've actually done studies on this and it's true for pretty much everyone! I think the studies were done concerning restaurants, but when people are served a beverage with a straw they drink something like 3x as much. :dizzy:

sabrinalecompte 02-02-2011 12:21 PM

The straw thing really works for me too. :)

When I was first starting out, I remember hating it when I drank so much water because I felt like I had to pee every five minutes.

Then I realized that if I forced myself to chug 8 ounces of water every time I had to pee, before I could go to the bathroom, I would get my water in for the day. It worked until I didn't need to force it anymore.

Now other than the coffee I have first thing in the morning, water is all I drink. It's ended up being a lot easier than I thought it would be.

lisanovak 02-02-2011 01:32 PM

ToriLeigh, I am the same way.....I HATE water. But I am a Diet Cherry Pepsi gal myself! Anyway, I get the waterbottles and use a Crystal Light packet for flavor...Peach Tea is my fav. I carry the water bottle with me everywhere. The ones I usually get are 24 oz with the sports top. I drink about 4 or 5 a day.

And yes, sabrinalecompte, I do pee like once an hour! It has become a running joke at home and in the office...whenever anyone is looking for me, they know where to find me!