Old 02-15-2017, 10:32 PM   #571  

S/C/G: 281/281/180

Height: 5'10

Default Jumping in!

First name: Cassandra

Geographical location: Pacific Northwest

Marital Status: RECENTLY ENGAGED!!

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: Two rescue cats. My black cat, and my fiance and my newest tabby cat. They are still learning to get along...

Hobbies/Interests: I'm an art student focusing on ceramics and I'm interested in exploring body image issues as well as how the female body is perceived in space!

Height: 5'10

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes/Changes every 4 months or so

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: 2/15/17

Starting Weight: 281

Present Weight: 281

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Keeping myself accountable, and not letting one slip up end my plan.

Following any specific plan: Starting a beginner's 5k run tomorrow, no sugary drinks at the bars, and not eating fast food.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is my first time ever joining a forum and I really hope I can keep myself accountable to it and I hope I help encourage others as well as encourage myself! I'm also going to demand my fiance not beg me to go out with him every night, because he is 6'1 and 156 pounds and can afford to not eat well or work out!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I was pretty nervous writing this because like I said before I've never done this stuff. Happy belated Galentine's Day I guess?
DietBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:50 PM   #572  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

First nameonna, didn't realise I was gone so long, so here is my new bio.

Geographical location:Yukon, Canada

Marital Status: M

Children/Ages: 3 boys ages 15, 12, 10

Pets: Beautiful goldendoodle Jessy.

Hobbies/Interests: Quilting, reading, hiking, yoga

Height: 5' 7", last I measure though I was 5'8" not sure if I actually grew, need to recheck that!

Eye/Hair Color: Brown w/ grey and brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Not sure, it's in my signature I think.

Starting Weight: 336

Present Weight:306.6

Goal Weight: 215 first goal

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My own mind. Busy schedule.

Following any specific plan: Whole Food Plant Based eating, gym, walking/hiking and yoga

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Mindset

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just Hi everyone! I'm back!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:33 PM   #573  

S/C/G: 245/165/140

Height: 5'6"

Default My Journey to 100 pound weight loss!

First name: Sunshine

Geographical location: El Paso, TX

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 2 children: My son is 18 and my daughter is 13.

Pets: 2 cats and 2 turtles

Hobbies/Interests: I like to crochet and do puzzles.

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I lost 15 pounds last summer by stopping the Coca-Cola, but haven't actively tried since January 1st, 2017.

Starting Weight: 260ish when I stopped drinking coke, 245 when I got serious. Not sure which one I should use as a starting weight.

Present Weight: 218

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Impatience! I just want to jump ahead and be thin. I have been doing quite well. I don't feel that I have a hurdle other than sometimes I can't do some of the Zumba moves, but I just keep moving.

Following any specific plan: I am eating between 1400 and 1600 calories. I do Zumba 2 days a week and Couch to 5k training 3 days a week. I add one day of Pilates and some kettlebell strength training.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I was always thin (120 lbs) up until my mid 20s. 10 years ago...I took off some weight by doing group aerobics for a few months and I looked good. I didn't really diet and I managed to lose some weight...the problem is when it came off...I stopped trying to manage it and I gained it back and then some.

Anything else you would like to share with us: My journey began when recently my sister committed suicide (we originally thought she was killed by someone.) My sister was an avid 5k & 1/2 marathon runner. Seeing how devastated my mother was made me realize that I needed to stay alive. I was on my way to an early death, but I know that I will not give up. I WILL lose this weight because I want to live. I want to run a 5K in my sister's memory.
BrisSissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:56 AM   #574  

Question Looking for motivation

First name: Erin

Geographical location: Portland, Or

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: 1/4

Pets: Cat

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, discovering new places,

Height: 6'0

Eye/Hair Color: Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb 2013

Starting Weight: 280

Present Weight: 280

Goal Weight: 199

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Right now, finding the motivation

Following any specific plan: No, but looking.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Before I had such determination, energy and time to my journey to lose this weight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am back after a long hiatus. I lose around 50 lbs a few years ago when my daughter was a baby and it was great! Now that she is almost 5 I find that it is harder to find the energy and motivation to get back in the game of exercising 5-6 times a week like I did before.
e_boh312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:48 AM   #575  

S/C/G: 297/287/150

Default Here goes nothing...

First name: Kerry

Geographical location: New Hampshire, US

Marital Status: Married, 7yrs to my best friend

Children/Ages: Daniel, 5. Alec (aka Mac), 15mo.

Pets: Bailey, 9y/o hound mix. Luxo, Betta fish.

Hobbies/Interests: Letterboxing, jigsaw puzzles, snuggling my boys, procrastinating

Eye/Hair Color: Brownish-green/ Red

Starting Date of Weight-loss Journey: Forever? October 1, 2016 was the big wake up call.

Starting Weight: 297.6 was my heaviest.

Present Weight: 287

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Losing the weight? I work third shift and have a long family history of food addiction. On top of that, I have ADHD with depressive symptoms that make getting motivated very difficult.

Following any specific plan: Still looking for help, but I have a fitbit that has been encouraging me to move more successfully.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I need to be healthy for the three men in my life. My sons are moving faster and faster and I have trouble keeping up with them. I also feel I am losing out on job opportunities because of my weight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just a mom, looking for a lifeline. I have three more weeks of schooling and then I'll be taking the summer off before starting up the nurse practitioner program in the fall.
CrashRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 04:40 PM   #576  

Default Support group

I have 150 pounds to lose and I've tried SOOOO many things. And they normally work! But I always give up! I cave in and beat myself up for failing, so I binge and screw up my whole program and gain it all back plus some, but I truly feel medifast is different and I can't handle how excited I am. I'm only 3 weeks in and ready for at least another year! I LOVE pages like this one, ridiculously helpful and always keeping things fresh! I've been searching everywhere for a GROUP on fb similar to this, but not a page, a group, where people can all post their struggles and questions and successes, and it just doesn't exist! So I've created one!! Please, anyone and everyone feel free to join! Nothing helps me more than to be constantly in contact with fellow medifasters! the group is called "medifast community support", come join!!
Msemilyrose11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:27 PM   #577  

Talking My review so far on 21 pounds in 21 days

you guys, its day 14 and I'm 13 1/2 pounds down. on track for 21 pounds in 3 weeks. best $5 I've spent. I'm going to continue doing it with updates of coarse so you can see my transformation. if you have tried this or are using it please let me know! if you're not using it I've done the trouble for you, i bought mine on ebay for $5 plus 1.99 shipping and got it the NEXT DAY! how awesome!? ive gotten the link and up to you. search around a little and get whatever you think will work for you but i suggest the 21 pounds in 21 days.. thanks!! hope to hear from you soon.
sayleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:57 PM   #578  

S/C/G: 342/336/185

First name: Sharay

Geographical location: Traveling the World

Pets: 1 dog, Sir Shaggy McScruffy Von Humpinstuff

Hobbies/Interests: Traveling, Shopping, Reading, Learning new and interesting things

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today I guess, 4/16/17

Starting Weight: Highest weight, 360lbs

Present Weight: 333

Goal Weight: 185lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Controlling my binge eating and not getting discouraged

Following any specific plan: Low Carb and Intermittent Fasting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to have a healthy pregnancy and have a healthy baby and actually live to see them grow up

Anything else you would like to share with us:
Mrs.vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:57 AM   #579  

S/C/G: 247/236/135

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs down

First name: Pam

Geographical location: Indiana

Marital Status: Married nearly 13 years

Children/Ages: Son 13, Son 11

Pets: Rusty Moo (orange cat), Ruby Rue (chihuahua mix), Piggy Pie (yorkie pom mix), Lil Leo (silver tabby)

Hobbies/Interests: Anything that I can get my hands on!! If it's a craft, I want to try it! Also enjoy movies, reading, cooking, yard work.

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Silverbluegreengold

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2015, however I hurt my knee something fierce and gave up hope. I had lost nearly 30lbs over a few months. As of today, it's nearly all back (I lost a few after an illness put me on prednisone, loosing around 9lbs in a little over a week).

Starting Weight: 255lbs

Present Weight: 246lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Lack of motivation, depression over the whole ordeal.

Following any specific plan: I have cut out all processed foods, all refined sugars.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I was too hungry previously. I've ensured more protein in healthier ways now.

Anything else you would like to share with us: My original journey started after being diagnosed with Type II Diabetes and high blood pressure. I didn't want to live that way, so I lessened my intake and started going to the gym. This time around, my A1C has gone up from last year, my good cholesterol is low and the bad is high, my bp stays high, my kidneys are having issues letting go of their toxins.
SevenDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:38 PM   #580  

S/C/G: 232/ticker!/155

Height: 5'8"

It's been about six years since my first intro in this thread, so now that I've come back, I figured I'd share the updated form!

First name: Chelsea

Geographical location: Denver, Colorado

Children/Ages: None (well, except the pets listed below)

Pets: I have two rescue pups -- a red merle aussie and a kelpie/cattle dog mix

Hobbies/Interests: hiking, mountain biking, walking the park with the dogs. I love video games and reading about all things pet nutrition and tech

Height: 5'8

Eye/Hair Color: green eyes, blonde hair naturally. Always dye it red, though :P

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Original run was July 4, 2011 > March 2012, in which time I lost about 40 pounds. I hit some big depression and an unknown illness and gained most of the weight back, holding onto it for a few years. This time, I "started" again in March 2015.

Starting Weight: 232 at heaviest, 228 at most recent "starting" point

Present Weight: 170

Goal Weight: 160, as 164 is the "healthy BMI" for someone my height

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Several autoimmune diseases which have knocked me off my feet in the past, but now that I know what they are, I can overcome the hurdle

Following any specific plan: Not a weight loss plan, per se. I have recently been tested for my food sensitivities, and since adjusting my diet to meet my non-reactive foods, the weight and inflammation has really come off. I intend to continue daily exercise and being mindful of what I eat to continue in my journey.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Knowing exactly what I'm up against with my own body. Now that I know I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Celiac disease, my body won't be constantly fighting against me, because I know what it needs!

Anything else you would like to share with us: It's okay to start again. Listen to your own body. Don't assume that random symptom which has persisted your whole life is "normal" -- figure out what the heck it is, and fix it.
chel3fsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:22 PM   #581  

Default Finally found an exercise that works! :)

Geographical location: Miami city

Marital Status: married
Children/Ages: 3 year old boy

Pets: 2 hamsters

Hobbies/Interests: music and netflix series
Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 10 weeks ago

Starting Weight: 250

Present Weight: 123
Goal Weight: 100

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: finding an exercise that works

Following any specific plan: this particular exercise bit.ly/2qmWRAr

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: nothing

Anything else you would like to share with us: Wanted to share with you with this method that really helped me, go an and try it and you wont be dissapointed
Samantha111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:03 PM   #582  

S/C/G: 297/257/155

Height: 5'6.5"

First name: Lindy

Geographical location: North Dakota ( I loooove it here)

Marital Status: Married almost 17 years

Children/Ages: Two of them, 16 and 9

Pets: 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: WoW, reading, crocheting

Height: 5'6"ish

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes and crazy curly brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time... 1/1/17

Starting Weight: 297

Present Weight: 237

Goal Weight: Not sure

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Binge eating

Following any specific plan: low carb/keto

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is the first time I have tried low carb, so far so good.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I don't post nearly as much as I want to, I'm super socially awkward! That includes online.
Lindifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 02:49 PM   #583  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Default Diving In Headfirst

First name: Kayla

Geographical location: Upstate NY

Marital Status: Single

Pets: 12 year old pug named Billy and a 2 year old golden/rottie mix named Loki

Hobbies/Interests: Music, reading, walking the pups, travel and hanging out with friends (looking to get into some more active hobbies like hiking, kickboxing, and other fitness classes).

Height: 6'0"

Eye/Hair Color: Pale blue/strawberry blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5/23/17

Starting Weight: 290 lb.

Present Weight: 286 lb.

Goal Weight: 175 lb.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Emotional binge eating and accountability

Following any specific plan: No added sugar, no bread, more whole food and logging everything with Fitbit and a diet tracker. Starting Couch to 5K this week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is the first time that I won't have the stress of school influencing my journey (although I am sure there will be other stressors to take its place). This time around I feel I have more support and a more clearly defined plan.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm excited to continue this journey here and have already been so inspired reading through others' posts!
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:26 AM   #584  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

First name: Debbie

Geographical location: MA, USA

Marital Status: Divorced

Children/Ages: 2/28, 30 Grandson: 1/6

Pets: 1 cat-Ziggy

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Music, Boating, Camping

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5/15/2017

Starting Weight: 273.6

Present Weight: 252

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sugar/carb addiction, binge eater

Following any specific plan: LCHF

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm doing it for myself
boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:14 PM   #585  

First name: Debbie

Geographical location: Kentucky (about 30 minutes south of Cincinnati OH)

Marital Status: Married (going on 38 years)

Children/Ages: 2 - 37, 34

Pets: None unless you count the wild cat that comes/go as it pleases

Hobbies/Interests: Scrapbooking

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel and Brown (after being colored to get rid of the grey)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 2017

Starting Weight: 234

Present Weight: 226

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sweets and sweet tea

Following any specific plan: 1200 calories as prescribed by weight loss doctor

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Honestly nothing other than I am so tired of the weight and not finding clothes I like

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have 8 grandchildren and 1 angel grandchild that died this year. That actually caused me to stumble for a bit but I know realize life is way to short to not be happy and this weight is not making me happy.
rdjrneace is offline   Reply With Quote