3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   100 lb Club Bios (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/2242-100-lb-club-bios.html)

reena lee 02-06-2012 06:58 PM

First name:Reena

Geographical location: Upstate NY

Marital Status:it's complicated

Children/Ages:4 children, 3 with special needs - 11 yr old son, 5year old twins (girl and boy), 1 yr old son

Occupation: full time cook, cleaner, doctor, nurse, butler, mom, dad, best friend, care taker, driver,... in short - im a mom

Pets: 3 - optimus prime (pom), maggie bigglesworth (shih tzu mix) and Lady Vidia (pom)

Hobbies/Interests: crafts, computers, kids

Height:5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: brown eyes, hair color changes OFTEN

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Im female - i think we start trying to loose as soon as we join this world

Starting Weight: 272lbs

Present Weight:272lbs

Goal Weight: 202 mini goal...

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: sticking to it, i start and i loose then i forget the whole idea behind it.. I lost over 70lbs 306 to 230 and then gave birth to my twins. never really had the time or effort to put in to losing it again

Following any specific plan: watching calories, carbs, sugar ect just eating right and doing something out of the norm for activity each day. im very active anyway (you have to be with 4 kids) but its the doing soomething you dont normally do that works stuff you dont normally work that i believe makes the difference. and also makes it slightly more exciting!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: no more babies on the way, my ex husband is a waste as far as my kids go and i need to make sure im around as long as possible for them, this means being healthy and making good choices

Anything else you would like to share with us:i come from a huge family of all over weight people. i have 6 sisters and i am actually the smallest of them all. my mother is over 350lbs and sadly can barely walk! i see her and think to myself, at 59 yrs old? i dont want to be that!

Goosemuffin 02-07-2012 11:37 PM

First name: April

Geographical location: Southern USA

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 4 of my own-18, 8, 5 & 3 and 3 steps 21, 17, 13

Pets: chihuahua Lizzy Borden, Yorkie Spike

Hobbies/Interests:Starting to sew. Enjoying the family, bbq's, swimming, biking.

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Br-black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2/6/12

Starting Weight: 294.4

Present Weight: 292.8

Goal Weight:175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Committing myself to an exercise program. I tend to lose interest very quickly, but I'm at a breaking point-now or never.

Following any specific plan: Cut out all soda, regular and diet. Low fat, calorie sensible diet.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm at the highest I've ever been. Somethings changed within me, I refuse to fail. I've never had this will to do so before.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just ready for this. I can see this is going to be my support and accountability (3cod).

SmallSteps 02-08-2012 01:27 PM

First name: Belinda

Geographical location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Marital Status: Married to DH Bruce

Children/Ages: Jennifer 25 years old

Pets: I have a min pin named Kody and four spoiled kitty cats, Sassy, Prissy, Jack and Jill.

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, Needlepoint, Genealogy and Graveyard Rabbit

Height: 5 foot 6

Eye/Hair Color: Blue and Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Started again 10/31/2011

Starting Weight: 298.6

Present Weight: 256.8

Goal Weight: 170 (Then I will re-examine my goals)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Myself

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting and exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am more determined, I am doing it the right way, and I have added exercise and am doing it religously.

Anything else you would like to share with us:

suzukigurl 02-08-2012 01:50 PM

All about ME!!!

First name: Julie

Geographical location: Chicago Burbs

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages:1 Boy 2years old

Pets: 2 Dogs

Hobbies/Interests: Scrapbooking, paper crafting & reading (mostly about vampires, YES I AM A TWI-MOM)

Height: 5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel / Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan 18th 2012

Starting Weight:285LBS

Present Weight:267LBS

Goal Weight:175LBS

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love to eat, I eat when I'm Happy, I eat when I'm Sad, & I eat just to eat!

Following any specific plan:No specific marketed plan, just doing what I feel I need to do for me.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Not only do I need to do this for myself & my health, but I need to do this for my SON!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I typed this earlier for another forum and really think it represents who I am and my journey this time around so I wanted to add it here!

Hi, my name is Julie and I have a long journey ahead of me as well, but I NEED to do this! I have a total of 110 lbs to lose to put me at a place I feel I will be comfortable and be able to maintain.

A little about me: I have been a Registered Nurse for over 5 years but about a year ago decided I needed to focus on my son who had just turned 2. I am now a stay at home Mommy, which has brought it's own challenges with it but I really LOVE being able to be with my little man.

About 3 weeks ago I decided to dust off my scale and just about cried when I saw what I weighted 285lbs OMG!!! I weighed 295 when I had my son and couldn't believe I weighed that much (even thought deep down I knew the # wasn't going to be good) I told myself I needed to do something, for Me, My Son, & my overall health. I simply been trying to make better choices when choosing what I put into my mouth. Just today I decided to start keeping a food journal and that is how I came upon this site.

So here is how things have gone so far: Right around Jan 18th I was at 285lbs as of today I am at 267lbs! Not to bad for not having followed any specific diet! I have not incorporated any exercise routine yet (besides chasing around my son LOL), but I have decided to start some type of exercise routine after I have lost 25lbs (I have named this program BABY STEPS since thats what I tell myself every day. Baby step to my goal one pound at a time. My mini goals are set at 25lbs, after I reach each mini goal I will do something special just for me, and my overall goal is losing the 110lbs which will put me at 175lbs. Once I reach that ( and I WILL GET THERE) I will decide where I need to got from there.

I am very happy to have found this site, it just might be that little extra I need to get me to where I need to be! I would love to make some new friends who I can take this journey with!

GemIAm 02-08-2012 07:58 PM

How did I get in this handbasket? I didn't know they made them THIS big!

First name: Amy

Geographical location: Middle of Washington State (God's Country)

Marital Status: Married for 16 awesome years

Children/Ages: 2..."Trauma" is a 17 yr old male, "Drama" is a 12 yr old female

Pets: Many....all rescues! Currently 2 horses, a dog & 4 cats

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Horses/horseback riding, traveling, dancing (when I'm smaller)

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: THIS TIME: Jan 14, 2012

Starting Weight: 278 lbs (heaviest ever)

Present Weight: 263

Goal Weight: 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Finding something i can stick to and maintaining after loss! Changing my relationship to my body and expressing my emotions instead of sedating myself with fat and carbs.

Following any specific plan: Fourth week on the Ideal Protein diet through my doctor's office.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a coach through Ideal Protein, my kids are old enough to be supportive and understanding when I flee the room while they eat pizza/nachos etc. I also think being a part of this supportive online community will help.

Anything else you would like to share with us: In January I hit my "rock bottom"...tying my shoes and breathing at the same time was hard. My size 22 pants were tight. I had gotten too big to want to go out an work with my horses - and that was not acceptable.
***Huge, horrible awakening that I have gotten so big that I now need to lose over 100 lbs...that is like losing my whole 12 year old off of my body!***

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HappyNurse2005 02-08-2012 09:02 PM

First name: Rose

Geographical location: Virginia

Marital Status: divorced :( looking for my husband upgrade!

Children/Ages: four kids, ranging from 4-11 years old

Occupation: labor and delivery nurse, graduate student---going for masters degree in nursing to become a certified nurse midwife

Pets: one cat
Hobbies/Interests: not much time for hobbies outside of kids, school, and work! reading, facebook, friends, photography

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color:

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: this time? February 3rd, 2012
Starting Weight: 207.7 on feb 3rd (BMI 37.9)

Present Weight: 202.6 this morning! lost 5.1 pounds in five days! i know its hte initial weight loss, my body's "wheres the food???" reaction, but its nice getting started motivation! (BMI 37.0)

Goal Weight: 105 (BMI 19.2)---though this is the goal, i'd settle for 105-115. i feel like i am short enough that 105 is an attainable, not skeletal weight

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: being too busy to cook healthy, i dont know how to cook much at all, the fact that i love good food, maintaining when it gets hard

Following any specific plan: calorie counting. 1200-1400 or so a day. cardio when i can. i'm a member of a gym, but just too busy many of the time!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: many reasons, although some are superficial they are my reasons. first of all, i am single and afraid i wont get a new husband ever if im fat! im going to be moving from being a nurse to a more professional practitioner role, and want to be a healthy example for my patients. im embarrassed by how i look.

Anything else you would like to share with us: i am afraid of failure

Jinxy 02-09-2012 08:48 PM

First name: Sherry

Geographical location: Florida

Children/Ages: 2 kids, Stepson (18) and a son (8 almost 9)

Pets: A cat named Reecee

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, family tree, computer games(sometimes), tv. I'm hoping to change this or find more hobbies to add to the list.

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Blue and light brown (blondish highlights)

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: Feb. 16th 2012 (or sooner)

Starting Weight: 278

Present Weight: 278

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Overeating, night grazing (cravings get me a lot a night),and I'm hoping to add new foods to my list.

Following any specific plan: Counting calories (I have an app on my tablet), adding more exercise to my schedule, walking more, drinking more water, and adding healthier foods to my eating list.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a very long lists of why: I'm tired of being tired, I'm tired of not being able to fit clothes, I'm tired of only having a few clothes to wear because of this, I'm tired of people looking at me and me thinking they are putting me down because of my weight, I want to be able to fit comfortably in a roller coaster again (haven't been on one in 2 to 3 years now because of almost not fitting into a seat once, embarrassing! :o ), I want to be able to get my wedding ring reduced instead of extended, because of my health, I am hoping that this might help with my PCOS so that I can get pregnant again, and most of all I want my kids to be proud of me for this.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Like the poster before me I too am afraid of failure and I don't like to disappoint anyone including myself.

Auty 02-15-2012 06:23 AM

New

First name: Auty

Geographical location: Alaska

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: dogs and a cat

Hobbies/Interests: Photography

Height:5'2

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today

Starting Weight: Around 300

Goal Weight: 170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I lack motivation to exercise and eat right

Following any specific plan: Really new to all of this so I am just gonna try cutting back calories and exercising more.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am only 27 years old and to be frank and honest, I dont want to die in my 30's because I was to lazy to change in my 20's.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have always been heavy, but I have gained a large amount of weight since moving to Alaska. Its been almost 5 years and I just can't keep going down this road because I know what the end looks like. I need a support group to be accountable and to know people that are going through the same struggles that I am.

tessendicott 02-16-2012 11:08 AM

First name: Tess

Geographical location: Sunny Augusta, GA.

Marital Status: Living with the love of my life and my best friend Mack.

Children/Ages: ZERO, thank goodness. (No offense to everyone who has, they just aren't right for me now.)

Pets: Dr. John Watson, our wonderful Syrian hamster.

Hobbies/Interests: Reading (I am a MAJOR bookworm. Usually reading 3-4 books at a time.), scrap-booking, photographing (it's my profession, but when not shooting engagements and weddings I'm out shooting anything and everything), bicycling on my vintage Schwinn and of course, 3FC!

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/White blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September of 2010. I went until February on WW and had to stop for personal reasons and started back a week ago.

Starting Weight: 275

Present Weight: 239

Goal Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting in the exercise groove.

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers. <3

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am MUCH more motivated. I WILL get to goal this time. I am so tired of feeling bad about myself.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love dinosaurs and roller skates.

Coffeelover64 02-16-2012 01:08 PM

First name: Louise

Geographical location: Michigan

Marital Status: Married for 20 years

Children/Ages: 3 kids, DD 18, DS 17 & DS 14

Occupation: SAHM, Homeschooler to DS14, Interior Decorator in prior life

Pets: 2 dogs, Toby a Maltese and Jessie a Toy Poodle

Hobbies/Interests: Hanging with friends and family, the internet, TV, reading, beauty products, decorating

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Light brown hair, teal blue eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2/15/2012

Starting Weight: 228

Present Weight: 228

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: not being organized, putting weight loss "on hold" because something more urgent came up

Following any specific plan: Body Type Diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: chose a more livable plan

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've been overweight since having the kids but prior to that I was fit and average/slim. I miss that feeling so badly!

PinkLotus 02-17-2012 12:25 PM

First name: T

Geographical location: Alberta, Canada

Marital Status: Married for 2 years.

Children/Ages: 1 daughter, 16 months old.

Pets: 1 dog

Hobbies/Interests: Music, writing.

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This is not my first time around the block, but technically this journey started after the birth of my daughter.

Starting Weight: 257.2

Present Weight: 245.6

Goal Weight: 160 ideally, but I'd be totally happy at anything under 170.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I'm a stress eater, emotional eater, a food addict, and I frequently lose my motivation for months at a time (resulting in re-gain). Sometimes I feel like a lost cause.

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I'm doing it for my daughter. I want to be a positive role model in her life and I do NOT want her to end up like me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have lost and regained, lost and regained, lost and regained, and I finally want to end this cycle. But I live in fear of the "falling off the wagon" thing I seem to do often. I'm hoping this site will help me stay motivated, or help me find my motivation if I lose it.

pixeldust 02-18-2012 11:24 PM

First name: Mina
Geographical location: San Francisco Bay Area
Marital Status: There’s a boy I like… and he likes me too. ( :
Children/Ages: I don’t want to have children.
Pets: I don’t want to have pets either.
Hobbies/Interests: reading, writing, and illustrating
Height: 5’3”
Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 01/01/12
Starting Weight: 230
Present Weight: 215 as of 02/18/12 (refer to general 3FC profile and upcoming weight loss ticker in signature for updates)
Goal Weight: 125
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Taming my monstrously huge sweet tooth.
Following any specific plan? I was on SugarBusters (consuming mostly green smoothies) for the first month, but jumped ship to Atkins. I’m finding the first phase of Atkins to be tough considering I would like to cut meat from my diet and I really miss fruit. Now, I’m considering doing a Raw Food Boot Camp program until goal weight. Either way, once I reach goal weight, I see myself becoming a vegetarian with a low sugar/carb WOE that consists mostly of whole foods.
Anything else you would like to share with us: I’m a very private person. So, opening up on a touchy issue like my health, even on a relatively anonymous internet forum, is new to me. But I have been lurking here from time to time and realize that joining this supportive community would be a good thing for me.

FitMomEB 02-19-2012 07:39 AM

First name: Elisa

Geographical location: currently in Zurich, Switzerland (been around a bit, I'm a serial expat)

Marital Status: happily married

Children/Ages: 2 girls, 12 and 5

Occupation: currently SAHM, formerly translator; wannabe writer

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: reading, writing, travel, fashion, natural medicine

Height: 5'6'' (165 cm)

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown, both

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: gah - forever, on and off. Most recent re-start: February 11, 2012

Starting Weight: 246

Present Weight: 232.5

Goal Weight: anywhere between 143 and 154

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: self-discipline.

Following any specific plan: currently on a low-fat, low carb (low-GI veggies and lean protein, some fruit) regimen to get over my sugar/carb cravings and stabilize my blood sugar.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: the fact that I can no longer kid myself that I am "just a little chubby". I am obese. I cannot shop in normal stores. Airplanes seat belts barely fit. I look absolutely awful in a bathing suit, no matter how "flattering". The jig is up.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am a former yo-yo dieter. I have a hard time with moderation, so I am usually better off on a completely cheat-free regimen.

KRinOttawa 02-20-2012 11:59 AM

First name: Kirstie
Geographical location: Ottawa, Canada
Marital Status: Happily married
Children/Ages: None (and happy!)
Pets: 2 cats
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, live music, writing, politics
Height: 5' 2" (and a half!)
Eye/Hair Color: Red-ish blonde/Blue
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 15, 2012 (this time!)
Starting Weight: 240 lbs
Present Weight: 236 lbs
Goal Weight: ~135 lbs
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional eating: I eat to celebrate, I eat to cheer myself up, I eat when I'm bored. I also have very little sense of proper portion sizes.
Following any specific plan: Ideal Protein
What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'll be 40 in a year and a half and I don't want to enter my 40s feeling like I do now: constantly tired, sore and achy, unhappy. My weight is keeping me from doing things I desperately want to do and I won't let it do that to me any longer.
Anything else you would like to share with us: Like lots of people here, I've been dieting off and on most of my adult life with little (sustained!) success -- I'm really hoping the being active here will help keep me motivated and on track!

ChouKoe 02-20-2012 06:04 PM

First name: Javante

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status: Single :(

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 0

Hobbies/Interests: Drawing, playing the piano, reading :D

Height: 5'9

Eye/Hair Color: brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Juneish

Starting Weight: 340+

Present Weight: 304.8

Goal Weight: 160-165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My mindset, I give up way to easily.

Following any specific plan: Calorie Counter here!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don't know...I just woke up and said I can't take this anymore. Ever since, I been sticking to this journey.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I like anime and M&M's. I been dieting since I was 12(maybe less) and obviously out of those times I failed. Hopefully, I'll stick to my OWN plan and melt this fat off.