3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   100 lb Club Bios (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/2242-100-lb-club-bios.html)

GymRat18 11-22-2011 08:23 AM

First name: Lauren

Geographical location: Central Florida

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets:None

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Computer

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Spring/Summer of 2011

Starting Weight:230 lbs

Present Weight: 199.6 lbs:carrot:

Goal Weight: 110 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Grazing aka mindless eating

Following any specific plan: Medifast (diabetes)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: The excess weight has put a strain on my health and something had to be done. I gained before but mostly ignored it.:(

Anything else you would like to share with us:

Salley 12-03-2011 10:12 PM

First name: Salley

Geographical location: Colorado

Marital Status: Divorced

Children/Ages: 1 son, 23 yo

Pets: 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: Music and arts

Height: 5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Auburn

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Winter 2007

Starting Weight: 248

Present Weight: 203

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Still figuring that out...

Following any specific plan: Nope.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm able to make my health my *first* priority. Up until now, something else always took precedence.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Recently graduated with my first college degree, @ 52 yo.

Lyla 12-18-2011 07:56 PM

First name:
Ly

Geographical location:
México

Marital Status:
Married

Children/Ages:
No childrens

Web site admin work from home

Pets:
none

Hobbies/Interests:
karoke, read, write, music

Height:
5'5

Eye/Hair Color:

brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:
October 1st 2010!

Starting Weight:

Present Weight:

Goal Weight:
Not sure on weight, i want to be 15% bf

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
Taking the time to do things

Following any specific plan:
Low carb + weight lift + count calories + cardio

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I never tried to lose weight before. I gained weight when i move to México due to changes in my regular native diet, but i gained A LOT!.

sluggerbean 01-01-2012 04:22 PM

First name: Peggy

Geographical location: South Texas

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: one son, Richard (21)

Occupation: teacher, but going back to school to become a nurse

Pets: 2 dogs, 3 cows, 1 donkey

Hobbies/Interests: reading, singing, acting

Height: 5' 4"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 21, 2011

Starting Weight: 319

Present Weight: 291

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: myself

Following any specific plan: combination of Blood Type Diet and P.I.N.K. method

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have to get healthy, bottom line. I have sleep apnea, high blood pressure, and was diagnosed in November 2011 with gout and type 2 diabetes.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have always been the fat girl. I want that to change. I know it is not going to be easy, but I am determined.

qtapostolic 01-11-2012 09:47 PM

introducing me

First name:Kelly

Geographical location:Northern Michigan

Marital Status:married to Eddie

Children/Ages:Haley 16, Valerie 14, Josiah 11, Robbie 9 months old

Pets:dog-Sasha, cat-Terra

Hobbies/Interests:Singing

Height:5'3

Eye/Hair Color:eyes hazel , hair brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:Jan. 6, 2012

Starting Weight:231.6 lbs.

Present Weight:226.6 lbs.

Goal Weight:130 lbs.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:just the longing to have scrumptious things in my mouth

Following any specific plan:counting cals 1200-1400 a day and home exercise videos

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I'm desperate because I've never been so big and I always lost weight in the past to impress someone, this time it's because I want to feel better for me!

I have never been lower than 142 lbs in my adult life and I weighed that before having my first baby. Most of my adult life I've bounced between 175 and 185. I'm scared of how big I've become and I'm scared to set such a huge goal.

facingfacts12 01-17-2012 10:50 AM

First name: Jean

Geographical location: TX

Children/Ages: two - 4 and 2 :)

Pets: n/a

Hobbies/Interests: children, art and design, reading

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel, Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/16/12

Starting Weight: 234.5

Present Weight: 233.5 (last update 1/17/12)

Goal Weight: 150s initially. Would LOVE to one day weigh 136 like I did on my wedding day.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Fear of failure, distractions and stresses in life that can get me off track, late night eating.

Following any specific plan: my initial thought is to loosely follow some principles from body for life since I saw the biggest change with that in the past

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am facing the facts and realizing this is not going to happen in the background and needs focus and dedication and a lot of support

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have battled weight as long as I can remember because I never seemed to look quite like the skinny girls around me. But in hindsight, while I was never a ballerina, there were certainly times in my life when I was fit and healthy and good-looking. Not anymore as of this writing, but I hope to get back there again and need to believe in myself that I can do this, because honestly part of me has feared that I will never be able to. I hope to write a more detailed story/background in a blog post or something and be able to link to it from here.

ASaladandaDream 01-17-2012 10:46 PM

First name: Jay!

Geographical location: Georgia

Marital Status: never married

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: reading, movies

Height: 5'9

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/ brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/01/2012

Starting Weight: 286

Present Weight: 274

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: falling off the wagon :(

Following any specific plan: nope! regular exercise & eating right!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: this is long overdue! I can't take it! Ive made some progress & I'm going to keep it up!

I've been a "bigger" girl for all of my life. The unnecessary weight it literally & figuratively a burden. I want to feel healthy, BE healthy, & not have to live my life within the restraints that obesity creates. I know that losing weight won't solve all of my problems, but it will solve some! I'm not perfect, no one is, but that's no reason to not strive for improvement! I've got on this path before & stayed on for a while but I always seem to "fall off the wagon." I always tell myself "I have a good excuse!" No more excuses! If this is what I want it has to come first! Before everything else it has to be my number one priority. This inspirational speaker once said " you only achieve your goals when you want it more than you want to breathe!" and I think that's a great point! I'm a busy girl, but if I put weight loss as #5 on my to do list everyday, it will never get done! It has been #5 on my to do list my entire life and that is why I am here. The last time I lost a significant amount of weight I had a buddy, but I moved away and can't work with her anymore. Hopefully this forum will serve as the "buddy" to help keep me going when my famous excuses show up! (sorry this got soo long lol)

Anya 01-18-2012 06:11 PM

First name: Anya

Geographical location: Michigan, USA

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 3 cats

Hobbies/Interests: Music composition, Writing

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown&Grey

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: late 1990's

Starting Weight: 240's

Present Weight: 168

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I do everything obsessively, including eat!

Following any specific plan: This time around I'm reducing refined carbs to near zero.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm motivated this time by health reasons.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I was down to the 130's five years ago. Must be something in the water that I gained 40 of it back...right? ;)

HealthyMeWannabe 01-22-2012 09:53 AM

First name: Courtney

Geographical location: Georgia

Children/Ages: 2 girls (ages 3 and 8)

Pets: 2 cats, 1 dog, 3 fish

Hobbies/Interests: sewing, crafts, reading, surfing the web

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: red hair, blue eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/20/2012

Starting Weight: 280.4

Present Weight: 280.4

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My addiction to sugar has GOT to go!

Following any specific plan: Nope, just making healthier choices, exercising, and will get there eventually!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My health is declining because I am fat and I don't like that!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm ready to make this happen! Healthy me here I come!

Kitcherella 01-23-2012 02:20 AM

First name:Maria

Geographical location: Greece

Marital Status: married (to a skinny man I might add)

Children/Ages: nop

Pets: nop

Hobbies/Interests: reading, art
Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: browb eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 9th January 12

Starting Weight: 240

Present Weight: 234

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: resisting temptation not failing to plan

Following any specific plan: not really just making good choices, fruit, veggies no fried food for now

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have (finally :) ) realised that it requires a lifelong process to be healthy and fit - and I am in no hurry - I spent so many years being obese so I can stick it out for another year before I reach my goal

Anything else you would like to share with us: As I saw in someone's signature willpower dust would be a good thing to share!!!

Vex 01-26-2012 03:19 PM

re:

First name: Cheryl

Geographical location: Nebraska.

Children/Ages: 10 year old son

Pets: sheltie, 2 siamese cats

Hobbies/Interests: computer games, art, music, wine, yelling at the cats

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: green/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 10/24/11

Starting Weight: 281

Present Weight: 238 at the time of this post

Goal Weight: 140?

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: going out, wine, pepperoni pizza!

Following any specific plan: calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am DONE this time. This is the only aspect of my life I am unhappy with, so therefore I am done with it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: One glass of wine is about 200 calories.

smashley52683 01-26-2012 03:52 PM

First name: Ashley

Geographical location: Maryand

Children/Ages: 4 yr old Son, 14 month old Daughter

Pets: 1 Dog, 1 cat, 2 frogs and some fish

Hobbies/Interests: spending time with my kids and hubby, making hair bows, cooking

Height:5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: blonde/green

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:1/18/12

Starting Weight: 256

Present Weight: 248

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: getting rid of old habits, learning to like exercise.

Following any specific plan: calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I am not looking for a short cut, magic pill or latest and greatest fad. I am starting to feel the effects of all this extra weight and I want to set a good example for my kids.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not really, other than I am excited to be here and share my journey with you:)

nharden84 01-29-2012 07:47 AM

First name:Nicole

Geographical location:Michigan

Marital Status:Recently divorced (Jan.18th.2012

Children/Ages:2 girls... Ages 5 and 21 month old

Pets:NONE

Hobbies/Interests:Reading, movies, sporting events, beading and making jewelry

Height:5'5 (I think)

Eye/Hair Color:Brown and dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:01.25.2012

Starting Weight:232lbs

Present Weight:225lbs

Goal Weight:125lb maybe

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Overeating and sticking to it

Following any specific plan:No specific plan, just doing what i think might be best at the time

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I think I've gotten to the point of being disgusted with my weight and the way i look. This is the biggest I've ever been (not including me being pregnant). I'm ready to start enjoying life to the fullest.

shepherdgirl 01-31-2012 04:23 PM

Hello!

First name: Anna

Geographical location: Southeast US, Appalachia

Children/Ages: none

Occupation: full-time student, currently working on a Veterinary Technician degree (it's like a nurse for animals)

Pets: My family lives on a farm and we have 2 dogs, 2 cats, a rabbit, sheep and cattle. Pretty much everything except the cattle you could call pets.

Hobbies/Interests: animals (& livestock), reading, literature, science, photography, spending time outdoors--such as walking, hiking & camping, baking, movies, plays, music

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: dark brunette/I'm not sure--my mom says they are blue, but other people have said grey and green. I like my eye color, whatever it is.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 6, 2012

Starting Weight: 242 lbs. (my highest ever was 252.2 lbs)

Present Weight: 235.2 lbs.

Goal Weight: 126 lbs. (will have lost half of my highest weight)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: perseverance :) I've attempted to lose weight seriously on at least half a dozen times, and started out motivated, but it never lasted (and I always gained it back, plus some). I'm trying to make this the time that I stick with it!

Following any specific plan: Calorie-counting (avg. 1600 cals a day) with some mild exercise (mainly walking). I'll increase the exercise once I get some of this bulk off. I keep a daily food journal by using a free website called nutrimirror (google it) and it is great for tracking calories and nutritional info (such as fat, sodium, etc.). Anyone doing calorie counting should check it out.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Simple: I'm not going to quit. I'm also trying to focus just on 10 lbs. at a time, which is a lot more achievable than 100 lbs!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I just thought I'd introduce myself and I hope to post on here occasionally--I don't know how much, with the demands of school and everything. This looks to be a great resource that will help keep me motivated. :)

oneshortday 02-06-2012 03:29 AM

First name: Katie

Geographical location: Midwest - Indianapolis!

Marital Status: Engaged to a wonderful woman.

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: Green-cheeked conure named Phoenix. :)

Hobbies/Interests: Music, reading, video games, mostly dorky stuff.

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Blonde hair, blue eyes.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 02/01/2012

Starting Weight: 255

Present Weight: 252

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My addiction to fast food and general lethargy caused by low self-esteem.

Following any specific plan: Mostly I've made my own diet plans with the help of my lovely lady, but overall just working out every day that I can and counting my calories is the name of the game.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I actually feel confident that I can do something and I'm taking steps to cementing that decision. I've always been really self-conscious about my weight to the point that I couldn't talk about it without crying or otherwise becoming emotional. I just wasn't happy! I'm hoping with support I can finally get to a place where I can look into a mirror and smile at what I see.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have hypothyroidism as well and I think that contributes to my slow metabolism, but I'm taking medicine for that now in addition to everything else. Here's hoping this time is the time it all goes well!