Geographical location: Long Island, NY

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: Daughter 14, son 9

Occupation: copy editor, currently unemployed due to outsourcing

Pets: love my tropical fish

Hobbies/Interests: Facebook games, watching tv

Height: 5' 2"

Eye/Hair Color: brown eyes, dirty blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: it's been a lifelong quest, restarted on 5/31/11

Starting Weight: 266

Present Weight: 259

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: to stop eating junk food which I love and to not snack endlessly while watching tv

Following any specific plan: South Beach

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: diagnosed with diabetes last year and need to stay on plan for health

Anything else you would like to share with us: also trying to get my cluttered house clean with the help of Flylady while I am unemployed.
Lindy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 232/ticker!/155

Height: 5'8"

First name: Chelsea

Geographical location: Louisiana is my home, I'm in Houston right now and in less than a month I'll be in Colorado

Marital Status: Single, but my boyfriend and I have been together for over six years [total]

Children/Ages: Not for a while I hope! like eight years!!

Pets: Lola is my red merle Australian Shepherd. My boyfriend has our border collie mix, Dylan, who I will hopefully be living with in a couple of months!

Hobbies/Interests:I love art and architecture and love the **** out of WATCHING sports...if only I could get back into playing them!

Height: 5'8

Eye/Hair Color: green/dirty blonde. Dyed red/strawberry blonde right now

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 4th, 2011.

Starting Weight: ~232

Present Weight: 225

Goal Weight: 160-180, depending on how my body looks at 180. The last time I was ~180 I had a tiny waist and no extra fat anywhere, just curvy and muscular. So if my body fat amount is down enough at 180, I'd be happy there...if not, maybe off a bit more!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, but I also deal with knee issues. I broke my right knee off (yes, off) when I was 5, and still have some weakness there.

Following any specific plan: Planning on starting Weight Watchers here soon and increasing my exercise. In Colorado I will be hiking as often as possible, as well as visiting the gym on any bad weather days. I've also enjoyed Zumba when I've done it before, so might add that in there to spice up the exercise sometimes! So far I've simply cut out my sodas and essentially everything else completely, just water and unsweetened tea, and also have limited my portion size.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Honestly this is only the second or third time I've seriously started an effort. When I was going into the 8th grade I did Atkins and lost a ton of weight (and kept it off until Hurricane Katrina force-fed me lasagna for 6 weeks!) and in 11th grade I did elliptical for 45-60 minutes a day, with about 20 minutes of weights...but I didn't lose any weight until 6 months after I gave up on working out (but I lost 30 pounds then, no diet, no exercise. Go figure)
So in short, haha, this is different because I am truly committed to doing this the RIGHT way, and it is not going to be a diet -- this is a lifestyle change.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm just so happy to be in a community of people who want to be healthy and aren't afraid to share their highs as well as their lows. All of the stories in the Goals forum I've read, as well as the NSGs are so helpful to motivating me!
chel3fsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:40 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

First name: Simone

Geographical location: Indiana

Marital Status: Living with my boo

Children/Ages: none

Pets: Maxine, craziest cat ever

Hobbies/Interests: Singing, piano, crochet, math, sudoku, haiku, pretending to know how to draw

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: Why do you need to know such personal information!

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: right now, 7/11/2011

Starting Weight: not sure, I will guess 330

Present Weight: 330

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Not being able to stick to doing anything, knee dislocation injury, low back pain, perfectionism

Following any specific plan: First, low carb diet. Second, daily exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don't really know. I just have to do it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm tired of buying bigger clothes every year.
biancasimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #79  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

First name: Rena

Geographical location: Toronto Canada

Marital Status: In a serious relationship (I'm gay just so you know)

Children/Ages: 2 boys 5 and 3

Pets: A cat and my girlfriend has a dog I see on the weekends

Hobbies/Interests: Energy, spirituality, reading, dancing and working on me on all levels (mental, spiritually, physically, and emotionally)

Height: 5 Ft 3

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes, black hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 2 2011

Starting Weight:229lbs

Present Weight: 215lbs

Goal Weight: 140lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: To get to place in my heart and mind that I WANT THIS and I feel good enough about myself to be the best I can be inside and out!

Following any specific plan: High protein, moderate carbs and low fat plan with cardio and strength trianing alternate days 4 times a week. Everything in moderation, I still go out to eat on the weekends but making healther choices (like sushi instead of macdonalds) being consciously aware of my hunger pains, why I'm hungry and how my body reacts to feeling satisified instead of feeling stuffed where I can't breathe etc

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I love me on the inside this time and believe I deserve to be happy with ALL of me!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Weight loss isn't just about your physical transformation it's about self love and acceptance on all levels, spiritually, physically, mentally and emtionally
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #80  
Hoping for 160 by NYE!

S/C/G: 323/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

First name: Trish

Geographical location: O-k-l-a-h-o-m-a....OKLAHOMA!

Marital Status: married to my high school sweetie for almost 15 years

Children/Ages: 13 yob, 11, 10, 7, and 5 yog's and 3 yo id twin boys.

Occupation: see above. We are an unschooling family and 3 of my children have special needs ranging from chronic lung disease to Aspergers to cerebral palsy with lots of alphabet soup dx's thrown in for fun. We're taking a short break from therapies right now, but we've been doing/will get back to doing 9 appts a week...and that's not counting dr appts. That's a full time job in itself...you know, except there's no check.

Pets: cat and dog

Hobbies/Interests: fauxtography, children's ministry

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: ever changing/blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This one? Feb 2011

Starting Weight: 323

Present Weight: 263

Goal Weight: 167

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: stress eating

Following any specific plan: mostly low carb with some vegetarian/vegan weeks thrown in when I can't stand meat anymore...that and kicking my own butt working out like a crazy person.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've stuck to it even when it's hard and even when the scale won't budge.

Anything else you would like to share with us: avocados=bliss. Just thought you should know.

Last edited by sevencallmemom; 07-16-2011 at 09:18 PM.
sevencallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 255/235/135

Height: 5'7"

First name: Dianne

Geographical location: Denver

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 1 Son, 17 years

Pets: 1 cat

Hobbies/Interests: reading

Height: 5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown hair and eyes

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: July 17, 2011

Starting Weight: 255

Present Weight: 255

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: me

Following any specific plan: not yet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a definite goal and a definite time frame

Anything else you would like to share with us:
Skinny in Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:04 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/170

Height: 5'3

Default Katie's Bio

First name: Katie

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: Married for just over a year

Children/Ages: None yet

Pets: None yet

Hobbies/Interests: Crafting, sewing, blogging

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Officially we'll call it July 18, 2011. However, I've been on the weight loss journey since about 8th grade.

Starting Weight: 270

Present Weight: 267

Goal Weight:170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: MYSELF. I make excuses for my hurdles and let myself believe them... I have PCOS but it's winning because I let it. I sabotage myself constantly.

Following any specific plan: Eating 1200-1400 calories daily, quit soda, limit caffeine to morning coffee, and choose whole grains.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: SUPPORT and accountability. I have never been so proactive about my weight loss. I'm surrounded by people who love me just the way I am and the only person who ever calls me out about my weight is my mother (but I have done a good job ignoring her). So, now, I can look at all the people who have been in my boat and found success. I want to succeed! And, I want to have a baby some day soon and be a cute pregnant woman... not a hot mess.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am thankful for everyone's honesty here. I see a little of myself in every single post I've read and it's inspiring.

Last edited by kwigg619; 07-22-2011 at 10:08 AM.
kwigg619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/170

[QUOTE=sevencallmemom;3940370]First name: Trish

Occupation: see above. We are an unschooling family and 3 of my children have special needs ranging from chronic lung disease to Aspergers to cerebral palsy with lots of alphabet soup dx's thrown in for fun.

Trish, I am an ESE teacher and spend my life loving on kids like yours. I am constantly amazed by the parents of children with special needs. I have them just a part of each day and am exhausted at the end... you parents have them 24/7. It's just amazing! Keep up the good work!
kwigg619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #84  
Starting to lose

S/C/G: 298/ticker/160

First name: Meredith

Geographical location: Houston, TX

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: JR - 6, Maeve - 5

Pets: 2, lab and australian shepherd

Hobbies/Interests: swimming/rafting/scrapbooking/reading

Eye/Hair Color:blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:3/1/07 (restarting 8/7/11)

Starting Weight:262

Present Weight:247

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: laziness, lack of willpower

Following any specific plan: Low-carb to start, moving on to calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I will put the time into planning my efforts; I'm no longer working full time so have a little more time on my hands

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm looking for lots of support/motivation, and think this is the perfect place to get that. So many of you have done so well, and I know I can follow your example.
shea5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

First name: Anne

Geographical location: California

Marital Status: committed relationship

Children/Ages: None

Pets: guinea pig

Hobbies/Interests: sewing & needlework

Height:5' 9''

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 1, 2011

Starting Weight:286

Present Weight:255

Goal Weight:160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Snacking

Following any specific plan: Counting calories and exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am tracking my calories and my exercise. It is helping me to see the choices I am making

Last edited by Madame Souza; 08-08-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:34 AM   #86  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

First name: Miranda

Geographical location: South Carolina

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: We have 2 furry children

Pets: 1 puppy - Pepper & 1 cat - Summer.

Hobbies/Interests: Photography & cleaning [yes cleaning lol] & making crafts. Along with COUPONING

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown/dark brown.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I'm restarting 08/15.

Starting Weight: 285 was my highest

Present Weight: 274!

Goal Weight: STG: 250.
LTG: 130.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Just getting my butt out there and doing it!

Following any specific plan: A "heart" healthy diet that my doctor gave me. So we shall see. But basically just watching calories and upping exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I NEED to do it. I want to be healthy & live a long time. My grandma is a big reason I need to do it, I do NOT want to end up like her.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm looking for new friends & diet buddies if anyone is interested :]

Nice to meet you all!
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:25 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 315/293/275

Height: 5'3"

The 100 lb club can be a very busy place. We post bios so that we can learn more about each other, so please add your Bio, so we can get to know you better. Simply copy the text below and paste it into a reply and add your information

**This thread can get really long with 100's of bios to go through. To keep this thread useful, periodically I will go through and delete the bios of members who have not posted in the 100 lb club in the last few months. My goal is that this is a list of bios for active members. If you left for a while and I deleted your bio while you were gone - please just add it back!! We're glad to have you!**

First name: Liz

Geographical location: Southeast Michigan

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: Kitty named B-Ba

Hobbies/Interests: Gardening, walking, reading, hunting

Eye/Hair Color: Blue, Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb 7, 2011

Starting Weight: 265.4

Present Weight: 222.8

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking to it.

Following any specific plan: C25K, general nutrition and good choices.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I usually peter out around the 230s and then gain it all back. This is the longest I've stayed at it. I've dealt with some failure and routine fatigue already. Onderland here I come.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Total to lose: 120.4 Lost: 42.6 Left to lose: 77.8. I will lose 20 pounds 4 more times.
Thinsole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

First name: Scarlett

Geographical location: Toronto, On Canada

Marital Status: Married for 12, together for 15

Children/Ages: Sonja Natalia (died at birth 2006) Julian Dale (3.5 yrs)

Petsog (Daisy)

Hobbies/Interests: Internet, reading, attachment theory, knitting

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Officially Mar 31, 2011

Starting Weight:249.2 (but my highest weight was 260 around Dec 2010)

Present Weight:222.6

Goal Weight:166 for now

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional eating

Following any specific plan: Healthy whole foods most of the time. Macro nutrients of 30-40% fat 30-40% carbs 30-40% protein

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: In the past I was concerned with my appearance and thought I was not worthy as a fat person. Now I want to be healthy and feel that how fat you are dose not determine your worth. I also have come to the realization that "temporary diets" do not work the only think that will get me and keep me at a healthy weight is a total overhaul to my relationship with food and health.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am developing self love and self acceptance and want to stop hurting myself with crappy unhealthy food. I also am insulin resistance and do not want to develop diabetes. I want to be healthy and live a long life so that I can participate in my sons life 100%
butterflymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #89  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

First name: Donamari

Geographical location: Charlotte NC

Marital Status: Married for 17 years

Children/Ages: 14 & 7 year old sons

Pets: 2 dogs, Shelby and Party

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, playing the harp, theater/dance

Height: 5 feet, 4.5 inches

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 23rd, 2011

Starting Weight: 235

Present Weight: 207

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional eating, eating out, staying with it, staying to a consistent exercise plan

Following any specific plan: Not currently

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I think I'm just plain old ready. I have a beach trip planned with my family in June and I'm really looking forward to wearing a bathing suit for the first time in over 20 years and enjoying the entire experience without being self conscience or embarrassed (or feeling like I'm embarrassing my family).

Anything else you would like to share with us: I tragically, and suddenly, lost a family member 5 years ago. Even though I've struggled with my weight (due to emotional eating), this was the thing that sent me 100 lbs over the edge.
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #90  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

First name: Steph

Geographical location: Albany NY

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 3 cats

Hobbies/Interests: Grdening, history, crime novels/TV shows

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown on brown (well, some gray)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 7/5/11

Starting Weight: 225

Present Weight: 186

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional eating

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: As I'm getting older, I'm more concerned about my health.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote