Old 01-28-2011, 09:03 AM   #61  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

First name: Casey.

Location: Currently in OK where my husband is stationed, but I am originally from Northern California.

Marital Status: Married.

Children/Ages: I have no children of my own yet, but I now have two stepkids from DH's previous relationship: a girl (9) and a boy (5).

Pets: Two cats; Ophelia and Mirrai.

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, art, surprise road trips, making lists, being outside, psychology, vegetarianism, spending time with loved ones, etc.

Height: 5'8.

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Auburn.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I am actually starting fresh today...01/28/2011.

Starting Weight: 265.

Present Weight: 265.

Goal Weight: My dream goal is 135, but wherever I feel happy in the 130-150 range is also possible, so TBD.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Carbs, most definitely. I'm a vegetarian, and that has backfired on me in that I consume way too many carbs now due the fact that it's cheap, more accessible than good produce and I've been lazy. If I'm going to lose any weight at all, that will be the main thing that has to change for me.

Following any specific plan: This week will be my first official week, so that is still debatable. Will edit when/if I choose one in particular. My main plan right now is to first cut back on the aformentioned carbs, move my body & be more active, as well as drink more water instead of artificial drinks like soda, diet or otherwise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a person in my life that supports my goals (my DH) which I've never really had in any motivating or permanent way. I've had gym buddies come and go, and family & friends that I keep having to move away from because we move a lot being associated with the military...so, it's been hard to find any stability in that way. Which, as awesome as my DH is, is another reason I'm glad there are places like this that supplement inconsistent support in day-to-day life. I am not and have never been good in the self-motivation department, so I'm hoping having access to communities like this will make a difference. Also, I would like to have a child sometime in the near future, and my weight is preventing that possibility. That's been the biggest catalyst of this fresh attempt more than anything, I think.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I think that's enough for this post at the moment. Anything else I'm sure will be covered or discussed in forum topics at some point...can't wait to start getting to know and losing weight with you all!

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 03-07-2011 at 09:10 PM.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:22 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 300+/Ticker!/140 lbs

Height: 5'8" Age: 27

First name: Melissa

Geographical location: Florida panhandle

Marital Status: I have a very buff boyfriend!

Children/Ages: None!

Pets: 2 adorable kitties

Hobbies/Interests: Building computers, coding, video games, tennis, cooking

Height: 5' 8"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Nov 2010

Starting Weight: 300ish

Present Weight: 247!

Goal Weight: 160ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting motivated to exercise! I don't have many problems avoiding salty/fatty/sugary foods but getting away from the computer and exercising is really hard.

Following any specific plan: Just DIY diet and exercise tapes. I admit to liking 80s Richard Simmons tapes! Bust out those legwarmers!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've never been serious about losing weight in a healthy way. I was a heavy child and around age 12-13 I would starve myself to lose weight. I've steadily been gaining weight since age 16 or so, until my highest weight of 300 in fall 2010. I'm committed to making these changes for life, especially with exercise, since I'll always have a desk job. I want to live a long, healthy life! I've already wasted too much of it unhappy because of my weight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm a big fan of the TV show "What Not to Wear" and once I'm at goal weight I plan to give myself a makeover similar to what they do on the show. I'm saving up for a new wardrobe of clothes that I love and look good on me, new shoes and accessories, new hairstyle, new makeup! 2011 is the year for a new me!

Last edited by Riesz; 01-31-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Riesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:11 AM   #63  
Started over 4/29/12

I don't think I've posted here yet.
I'm Kathy, 44 years old and I have over 100 lbs to lose. I've already lost some since starting (again) on Jan 25th of this year. This time I'm not turning back! If I find myself back in old habits I will just get back on track and move on. No more going back!
time2loseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:55 PM   #64  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

First name: Mandy

Geographical location: Virginia Beach, VA - until august, then Columbia, SC

Marital Status: Getting married May 21st, 2011!

Children/Ages: no kids yet

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Blogging, Singing like I know how, Playin on the Wii

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: eyes are blue, hair changes regularly. right now - reddish brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3/15/2011

Starting Weight: 300lbs

Present Weight: 293lbs

Goal Weight: 175lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I eat whenever I'm bored. Or sad. Or happy. Or Stressed... I need to stop emotion-eating, and find another outlet. I've decided to start blogging.

Following any specific plan: I take Alli, and calorie counting.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm getting married, and I want children. I would like to be below 200lbs before I get pregnant.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:35 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

First name: Juliana

Geographical location: Southern California

Marital Status: divorced

Children/Ages: 7 year old son

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: love to read

Eye/Hair Color: blue/light brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2/24/2011

Starting Weight: 274.4 (all-time high was a few years ago, about 285)

Present Weight: 261.2

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting up the motivation is #1 and then sticking to it is #2

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting using My Fitness Pal iPhone app, plus 90 mins of cardio and 60 mins of weights a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is the longest that I have stuck with any plan since my mom put me on Jenny Craig at age 11. I am so excited because it's easy, it's WORKING, I do not feel stuck or bored or deprived, and I am in it for the long haul.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have been divorced for about 4-5 years now and have been trying to date, but at my current weight the pool of applicants is pretty small. I like being single, but don't want to be forever, so I am looking forward to dating as a smaller person once I get closer to my goal!

Last edited by juliana77; 03-31-2011 at 12:55 AM. Reason: my hair is not blue
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:26 PM   #66  
Lazybones

S/C/G: 260/255/155

Height: 5'7

First name: Jen

Geographical location: Columbus, OH

Marital Status: Married but separated

Children/Ages: Katie 9, Chris 8

Pets: Cats - Holly & Mistleto; Dog - Allie

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, TV, camping, Kid's activities

Height: 5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue / Red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1st time when I was 12 and off and on since 2008

Starting Weight: HW 260

Present Weight: 234

Goal Weight: 140-150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Telling myself it's OK to pass on food.

Following any specific plan: WW @ Work

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Doing my best to make the right choices and moving more.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Dropped 30-35lbs when my husband first left me. But was making every effort to eat right and was doing Treadmill 1hr a night. Never knew what real energy felt like before and it scared me. Wish I had kept it up.
Slimjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:58 AM   #67  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

First name: Brydget

Geographical location: New Zealand

Marital Status: Married very happily

Children/Ages: Willow, 2 and Oakley 5mon

Pets: 2 kitties, Wazz and Ninja

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, science, movies, squash, swimming

Height: 163cm (5'3")

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time around 24 Jan

Starting Weight: 116kg (256lbs)

Present Weight: 100kg (220lbs)

Goal Weight: 60kg (132lbs)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Binge eating, mindless eating, having a baby

Following any specific plan: "The King Julian Plan" (from Madagascar)... I like to move it move it Seriously though, I'm just eating better and exercising

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Motivation - having kids, my Mum had a heart attack, I want to see my kids grow up

Anything else you would like to share with us: Probably but I can't think of anything

Last edited by jitterfish; 04-05-2011 at 06:00 AM.
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 275/249/170

First name: Sarah

Geographical location: Northeastern, PA

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: NA

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Music, Bowling, WoW, Being Silly

Height: 5’7

Eye/Hair Color: Blue and Dirty Blond

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 1, 2011 (Yea, April Fool’s Day on Me.)

Starting Weight: 275

Present Weight: 266

Goal Weight: 150-170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: There are defiantly several I need to face and over come. The biggest of which is fear of failure. The second is emotional eating. The third is just sticking with it for long enough to make it to my target. I need to learn portion control, like WOAH.

Following any specific plan: Nope. Just being active and eating healthy. Maybe I should follow a plan but I don’t really have the money or time to join WW or any of the others. A lot of others require cooking, which I am never home to do.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don’t just want to lose weight, I want to create a new life for myself. One in which I am comfortable in my own skin and not ashamed of being overweight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am not sure how to motivate myself. Currently, trying to lose weight doesn’t feel real to me. I am exercising and watching what I eat but…it’s still new. I think once I hit 250, I will start to believe it is happening.
SugarRomeoTango4852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:33 PM   #69  

First name: Laura

Geographical location: Vancouver, Canada

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None!

Pets: 10-1/2 month old Labrador retriever (chocolate) named Nilla.

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, video games, camping, baking, cooking, crafting.

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes, Brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Recurring - but CURRENTLY it's April 17, 2011

Starting Weight: 255 lbs.

Present Weight: 255 lbs.

Goal Weight: as close to 150 as possible.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation and energy!

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting and exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I can't think that anything's really different other than I realize I'm getting older and it's not going to get any easier. I've gained 100 pounds in 10 years, if I keep that rate up, I'll probably die very young and I'm terrified of death sooo.. yea.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm kind of shy, but once I open up I'm outgoing. I can talk a lot too - and I get excited easily. I'm friendly and I'm totally looking forward to supporting others here

Last edited by Rainbowgirl; 04-18-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:13 PM   #70  
One Choice Smarter

S/C/G: 239.6/?/139

Height: 5'6

Default Want to join the exclusive 100lb Club!

For me, the drive to hit the 100lbs lost mark is more motivating than reaching a particular weight number on the scale, so that's why my overall goal is 100 lost from my high weight.

First name: Future

Geographical location: Mid-Atlantic

Marital Status: Married ~ 3.5 years

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 0

Hobbies/Interests: i'm in law school --- i don't really have hobbies :/ I love dancing -- dance class will be one of my mini-goal rewards! Also, I've finally admitted to myself at 28 years old that I want to be a movie star.

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Blue / various shades of red-from-a-box

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: off and on for a while, Been restarting every few weeks seriously since Dec '10. I've managed to stay down about 6pounds during that time.... I'm putting that behind me and making today the start of my real journey. April 24, 2011

Starting Weight: High weight (that I saw) was 227; Weight today ~219

Present Weight: 219

Goal Weight: 126

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: the oh-so-easy-and-lazy dinner out. Getting myself out of bed early enough to work out in th emroning.

Following any specific plan: no, just healthy --> edit: I'm counting calories with myfitnesspal.com and generally healthy stuff.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've tried WW, SB, and other weight loss things in the past. I bought Power90 in Dec but haven't gotten past 2 straight weeks. This time, I really just have to do it. I am doing it for me. My husband and I are very lucky to be back in school together and extremely lucky to be studying for the fall semester in Ireland. I don't want to feel this size, this self-conscious, this yucky in Ireland. I want our pictures to be nice. I want to fit more clothes into my suitcase Mostly, I want to be happy with myself and feel strong again. This time, it really is for me. I'm strong enough again to do it for me, and I will feel good about my physical self again. I feel better and more comfortable with what makes me than I ever have in my life, and I want to return to a physique where I feel that way about my appearance. And I'm finally strong enough to take control of me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I tend to babble...in case you didn't notice I've lurked about silently for a few days, and I"m already inspired a lot by everyone here. Start date 4.24.11

Last edited by FutureThoughts; 05-10-2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: eating plan
FutureThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:41 PM   #71  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Welcome to 3FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleywalker View Post
First name: Delia

Geographical location: South Texzas

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none/1 4 year old shih tzu

Pets: 4 year old shih tzu

Hobbies/Interests: yard work, walking my dog, music, watching movies

Height:5' 1"

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown with natural white highlights...hehe...

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: today, June 7, 2011

Starting Weight:214.5

Present Weight:214.5

Goal Weight: to lose as much as I can....

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: sustaining my food addiction recovery....

Following any specific plan: small portions....

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: will focus on God as my higher power and not food....
Welcome to the forums! Hope we can be of help to you. You may want to look in the IE forum we all eat according to hunger and fullness and portion control. Have a blessed day.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/191

First name: Jess

Geographical location: Arizona

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: no kids

Pets: three cats and two dogs

Hobbies/Interests: reading, shopping, eating, studying/learning new things

Height: 5' 6"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: this time? May 23

Starting Weight: 289

Present Weight: 273.8

Goal Weight: First goal: 235, then 199, then 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: portion control and resisting sweets

Following any specific plan: no plan, just trying to consciously make good choices

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have been uncomfortable with my size for awhile now. I'm finally ready to make a change, and I'm doing this on my own without following a plan. I've successfully tried Atkins in the past, only to gain the weight back. This time I am not denying myself anything; rather, I'm trying to make better choices and eat MUCH less sugar. I'm also trying to cut white flour from my diet.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm excited to be here!
I do have a blogger I've been updating, but I don't know that this forum will let me post the link? I'm sure I can share it as soon as I'm able to update my signature, which I saw would be in about 20 days.
1049jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:25 AM   #73  
I want to feel better

S/C/G: 291.2/???/healthier

Height: 5 foot 3.5 inches

First name: Kristy

Geographical location: Southwest Indiana

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: None 1 niece and 2 nephews I try to best the best aunt I can to.

Pets: Three cats. Lady and Gena are about 13 and Peyton is 11.

Hobbies/Interests: reading, scrapbooking, Leverage TV show

Height: 5'3.5"

Eye/Hair Color: Currently brownish red/Blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 7, 2011

Starting Weight: 249.2

Present Weight: 248.4

Goal Weight: dream weight - 140. But I really want to get to 199 and never go over 200 again, in my whole life.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My mind. Stopping the "I'll eat it all today because tomorrow (Monday, next week, whatever) I'm starting a very strict diet and loosing 20 pounds in a month" thinking. All that gets me is up to 249.2 from 219 a year ago.

Following any specific plan: Moderation.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is it, this is my life, and I'm responsible for it, and I am realizing this now. This journey is going to be mental as much as food oriented.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I admire you all.
MablesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 302/292/130

Height: 5'1"

First name: Karen

Geographical location: small town in northeastern BC

Marital Status: not married, but seeing someone

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: a cat named Ginny and a lovebird named Merlina (used to be Merlin til we found out he was a she, lol)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, leatherworking, video games, board games, being a crazy person

Height: 5'1"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/black, but currently dyed deep auburn

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: The current one or the first one? lol. Current one: June 17th, 2011

Starting Weight: 276

Present Weight: Won't know til my weigh in tomorrow, but hoping like crazy it's 274, lol.

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Bingeing, over-eating in general.

Following any specific plan: No, unless you count some calorie shifting, but I'm not being obsessive about it.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Something just...changed in how I think. Hard to explain, but I just don't care anymore. I don't care about how hard this is going to be, I don't care about how long it will take, and I don't care that there are people out there who think I can't do it. I've had it with feeling like I'm 60 years old at 23. I've had it with hating myself for what I eat. I've had it with EVERYTHING to do with being overweight. 23 wasted years is bloody long enough, lol.

Anything else you would like to share with us: My ultimate goal is to become fit enough to do basic to moderate level Parkour.
devnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #75  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

First name: Michelle

Geographical location: Near Milwaukee, WI

Marital Status: Married to a wonderful man

Children/Ages: None, unless you count the 4-legged variety

Pets: 3 Miniature Schnauzers and 1 bearded dragon lizard

Hobbies/Interests: Gardening, rock collecting, craft fairs, spending time with hubby and the dogs

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: blonde/blue-green

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Can't remember that far back...but I'm going to call it as 6/01/2011 as the date I got serious (again).

Starting Weight: 245

Present Weight: 235.6

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My love for pizza and sweets. But mostly, I am currently rehabbing an injured back which limits the amount and type of exercise I can do. I have a tendency to push myself too far and re-injure myself. So now I'm following the physical therapists' instructions and doing what I can and modifying what I need to.

Following any specific plan: Calorie Counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I realize that if I don't lose weight and strengthen my core, my back will continue to cause me problems. And I don't like being mobility challenged.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've been on here for years, made some wonderful friends and am so grateful for the love, support and friendship I've found here!
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote