Old 11-09-2016, 10:41 PM   #556  

S/C/G: 134/81/75

Height: 5'11"

Smile Hi. This is me.

First name: Michaela (pronounced Mick-EYE-la)

Geographical location: NZ

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages: Daughter/22

Pets: Dog (Dash), Cat (Tinkerbell)

Hobbies/Interests: Too many: gardening, guitar, movies/tv, photography, cooking, cycling, walking.

Height: 5'11"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: October 11, 2015

Starting Weight: 134.6 (kgs)

Present Weight: 89.4 (kgs)

Goal Weight:75 (kgs)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Those last 15 kilos.

Following any specific plan: My own: sugar free, grain free, lowish carb, nutrient dense foods with plenty of saturated fat and animal protein, and cutting out bad fats (modern highly processed fats: seed and nut oils, vegetable, rice bran, etc).

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: going low carb and sugar and grain free. It's been amazing and has healed many physical ailments.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Am here for the last part of my journey, to share my experiences and to glean from yours. This turn around in my nutrition has changed my life. One year ago, a 24-hour period looked a lot different in my life than it does today, and it's awesome!!
FrothyChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:08 AM   #557  
Cute Chick

S/C/G: 254/202/135

Height: 5'0"

First name: Amber

Geographical location: Lower Alabama, USA

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: Daughter, 5

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Crocheting, Reading, Movies

Height: 5'

Eye/Hair Color: Blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 2016

Starting Weight: 253lbs

Present Weight: 244lbs

Goal Weight:130lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Chronic Pain/Spina Bifida

Following any specific plan: Making healthier choices and Moderation of certain foods

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Having my daughter to set an example for.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I want to make this work! I NEED to make this work this time!
Amby876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 11:19 PM   #558  

First name: Jessica

Geographical location: Mississippi

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 2 daughters, 15 & 9

Occupation: SAHM and College Student, I also part time at Lane Bryant

Pets: Mini Dachshund, Jake

Hobbies/Interests: Reading and collecting shoes

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:

Starting Weight: 297

Present Weight: 273

Goal Weight: 170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My schedule can be hectic so I need to find ways to manage my time to include meal prep and exercise.

Following any specific plan: Modified Low Carb

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I know where I want to end up and how to get there.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I lost around 135 pounds in 2010-2011 over an 18 month period. I was doing okay maintaining but then I lost my mom unexpectedly in 2013 and I self-medicated with food. I'm finally ready to be fit and healthy again and get back to where I was.
totalshoelover31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 01:48 PM   #559  

Height: 5'6"

First name: Perri

Geographical location: Northern Virginia

Children/Ages: None

Pets: No =(

Hobbies/Interests: Painting, writing,

Height: 5' 6"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: (6 years) or 12/25/2016

Starting Weight: 256 lbs

Present Weight: 256 lbs

Goal Weight: 145 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: sticking to it and not cheating

Following any specific plan: Eating a salad for lunch every day and a starch for only one meal

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I really trying to make this my choice. In the past its been my mother pushing me but I have 4 semesters left of college and I want to be able to go into the work force feeling healthy and good about myself.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really need a place where I can be honest about my weight-loss and eating.
TheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 04:49 AM   #560  

S/C/G: 237/ticker/145

Height: 5ft. 6 in.

Default Newcomer! excited

First name: Alicia

Geographical location: Aussie

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: N/A

Height: 5ft 6

Eye/Hair Color: black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 12/29/16

Starting Weight: 230

Present Weight: 230

Goal Weight:145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Love to cook, love to eat and I get complacent when I see results. I am very lazy lol.

Following any specific plan: low carb, high protein, high fiber, lots of veggies

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am a lot closer to God.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
chouku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 11:44 AM   #561  

Hello everyone. I've been wanting to post for a while but actually worked up the guts to do it

First name: Jasmine

Geographical location: OC, CA

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: little girl 3 years

Pets: cat!

Hobbies/Interests: movies, travel

Height:5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blond

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 8, 2016

Starting Weight:235

Present Weight:222

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: resisting the sugar

Following any specific plan: trying to eat natural foods mainly

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: It just really has to happen now, the older I get the harder it becomes.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm really curious how other people experience the struggle of weight loss
Jasmine_alb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:28 PM   #562  

S/C/G: 268.4/261.8/130

Height: 5'

First name: Candra

Geographical location: U.P. of Michigan

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: 1 boy almost 6 months old!

Pets: 1 dog and 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: being a mom/parent, psychology, music, singing, browsing the net, blogging

Height: 5 ft

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes, and red hair (natural!)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: A few weeks ago, but I've kind of fallen off a few times.

Starting Weight: 271lbs

Present Weight: 267lbs

Goal Weight: 130lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I can't seem to get my eating under control. I don't know what to do!

Following any specific plan: I'm sort of following Weight Watchers on my own. I'd like to go back to the actual meetings, but it's not financially feasible right now.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a son now that I NEED to get healthy for.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm not sure. I'd love to have any help or support anyone is willing to offer.
hiimawkward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 04:28 PM   #563  

S/C/G: 248/248/135

Height: 5'7''

First name: Allie

Geographical location: Quebec, Canada

Children/Ages: 3 daughters, ages 24, 22, and 18

Pets: one cat; Cyrano

Hobbies/Interests: reading, biking, quilting, films

Height: 5'7''

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes brown hair

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: since I was 16, 40 years ago

Starting Weight: 256 lbs.

Present Weight: 233

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: not being able to maintain goal weight once it is reached. I keep nearing my weight loss goal and then putting the weight right back on because I go back to the same mind-set about eating that got me into trouble in the first place.

Following any specific plan: good proteins and fats, green juice I make myself, 10 grams or less of carbs at every meal, lots of water, 8 hours of sleep at night, exercising with my very active daughters

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have gone up and down on the scale for the past forty years, in this endless love-hate (mostly hate) relationship with my body. I'm so tired of it. I have at last accepted that like alcoholics, having just one sip (in my case, even a little sugar) is out of the question. It starts up the whole aggravated mess again. So I avoid sugar to avoid the cravings for sugar.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have just become a grandmother, and it changes your whole perspective. It's useless to replay the whole negative message about what a failure you are in your head over and over again. Forgive yourself, love the journey, focus on the little joys, and KEEP GOING.

Last edited by alleggsinonebasket; 03-07-2017 at 11:27 AM. Reason: u^dating weight
alleggsinonebasket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:37 PM   #564  
in itinere

S/C/G: 242.3/241.2/138.0

Height: 5'5"

Hello team! Another newbie here.

First name: Vivian
Geographical location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Marital Status: in a relationship
Children/Ages: no kids
Pets: a dog, CC
Hobbies/Interests: reading, cooking, romping about the SoCal hills with CC and my partner
Height: 5'5''
Eye/Hair Color: hmmmmm

Starting Date of Weight Loss Journey: well, I lost a lot of weight back in middle school—40 lbs—but then gained it back x2.5. I started getting serious this time around over the holidays.
Starting Weight: 243.2 lbs.
Present Weight: 237.0 lbs.
Goal Weight: 138 lbs.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Well, it's a little hard for me to say overall, but right now, it's sugar. I never used to have a sweet tooth--my bugbear was always portion control, particularly with chewy foods like bread and cheese--but I realized a month or so ago that I'd started eating something sweet almost every day, and it really freaked me out. My dad and my sister both have Type II diabetes, so sugar is especially dangerous in our family. I'm trying to cut it back out of my diet but it's proving really, really hard, way harder than I'd expected, and that body chemistry change is really scary.

Following any specific plan: Not... exactly. I know I need to eat less sugar and fewer starches, and overall reduce my portion sizes; and I know I need to get more exercise; but my plan of attack right now is just to introduce one good or improved habit at a time, get solid on that one, and then add another. I had some luck on the Core plan on Weight Watchers back in the day, but I had a really hard time with how fat-restricted it was—my skin started to get really dry, and my hair started to fall out. But I think the overall principle of eating more lean, unrefined foods, especially fruits and vegetables, and kicking to the curb refined foods and foods you can't control yourself around, is solid, and I know that if I did more of that and less of eating takeout in my car I would lose weight. I'm not sure if it'll be enough to take all of it off, but like I said, I'm trying to take it really slow and change one habit at a time. My first new habit was just to start logging my food in a really simple way, and now that I'm getting more solid on that I'm trying to get myself down to one sweet a week. Maybe someday I will have to get more aggressive on my diet than just "eat more lean, unrefined foods, especially fruits and veggies, and skip the stuff that comes in 9 ounce bags," but it seems like that's a good enough place to start.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm trying to be more flexible and forgiving of temporary missteps, and I'm trying to work with what I know about my own limitations. Like—I won't count calories, I just won't, it's a total nonstarter, at least at this point in my efforts, so I'm not using a diet tracker; I'm just logging my food using DayOne on my phone, and entering my meals in plain text. That's less demanding for me and I'm having much better luck sticking to it than I've had with any previous diet tracker.

Anything else you would like to share with us: A few weeks ago I read an interview in RadioTimes with the Danish/British comedian Sandi Toksvig (I can't link the article properly, since I'm new to the forums, but the title is "Sandi Toksvig on QI, Stephen Fry and her open wedding", from October 2016), and one of the things she talks about is getting real about needing to lose a bunch of weight in response to plantar fasciitis, and then doing it. Like I've mentioned, I'm concerned about my family history of Type II diabetes, but I also have GERD, which is exacerbated if not caused by my excess weight, and a shoulder injury that's taking forever for me to get fully healed because of being in bad shape overall. I have a lot of respect for Sandi Toksvig, and I sort of read that article and thought--well, she got it done, so why not me, too?
Vivvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:59 AM   #565  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Default Laura from Virginia

First name: Laura

Geographical location: Virginia, USA

Children/Ages: No

Pets: No, husband allergic

Hobbies/Interests: Playing Fallout, reading, and someday soon, running

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/14/17

Starting Weight: 300

Present Weight: 300

Goal Weight: 170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: For me it's not the losing it is the maintaining.

Following any specific plan: Medifast

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Already have maintenance plan in place.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I lost 120 lbs in 2009/2010 using a VCLD medically supervised programme. I was not given a maintenance plan and ate foolishly. Over the last few years it has slowly crept back up to my original starting weight (5lbs less now than I was then). i know what I have to do and how to do it. I am both optimistic and realistic.
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:37 PM   #566  

S/C/G: 295/295/180

Height: 5'7"

Red face New to this

First name: Noah

Geographical location: Eastern, PA

Children/Ages:
None

Pets: A super cute puppy named Appa

Hobbies/Interests: Reading (Mostly Fantasy and Sci-Fi... think Harry Potter ), Television, Cooking, Baking, Singing

Height: 5ft 7in

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown hair, Greenish-bluish eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I first started to gain weight after high school, but I feel like it started to get out of control in 2009, during college. So I guess I'd say I started trying to lose around that time. This go round started 2 days ago.

Starting Weight: I am currently at my largest 295 (I've never told anyone that before) But back in 2009, I was around 240.

Present Weight: ^

Goal Weight: 180 (This is where I remember feeling my best)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Overcoming the shame and disgust that I feel toward myself and my body; not allowing this thinking to drag me under and stop my progress. Also, making and following though with healthy choices.

Following any specific plan: Nope, just trying to live a healthier lifestyle. I know that denying myself of the foods I love, will never work for me long term, so my diet is to eat smaller portions of the sweets (my kryptonite), healthy sized portions of the good for you stuff, and to pair it with exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: You guys and that, beyond the self-loathing and self-pity, I have admitted to myself that my weight is a legit problem that is causing some health concerns and contributing to me not feeling all that great both physically and mentally.

Anything else you would like to share with us: This is a first for me, I've never had a community, or even friend to help me though.
Killertofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:00 AM   #567  

S/C/G: 198/132

Height: 5'5

Default This is me 😃

First name: Melisa

Geographical location: South Florida

Children/Ages: Two 11 & 5

Pets: Roxy my dog 🐶 & Izzy my Cat 🐱

Hobbies/Interests: Spinning 🚲 Boating 🛥 Paddle boarding

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Blonde / Hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Elementary School 🙆 Lol - My early 20's

Starting Weight: 198

Present Weight: 132

Goal Weight: I'm not sure yet

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Eating Healthy

Following any specific plan: Healthy eating, Spin classes and weight loss medications

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:

Anything else you would like to share with us: Everyday is a new day & at the end of it you are the only person who can honestly make you happy😊
Mely1bye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:27 PM   #568  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

Height: 5'2"

First name: Lindsay

Geographical location: Texas, USA

Marital Status: S

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: 2 kitties

Hobbies/Interests: travel, reading, writing

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/31/17

Starting Weight: 214

Present Weight: 214

Goal Weight: 114

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: eating healthy while at work and not getting to >5 min for lunch (or having to drink my lunch)

Following any specific plan: Ideal Protein & Orbera (gastric balloon)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: supervised ketogenic diet & gastric balloon

Anything else you would like to share with us:
howdytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:40 PM   #569  

Default New and ready

First name: Samantha

Geographical location:NC

Marital Status:married 7yrs

Children/Ages:BB 5 and Ali 1

Pets:3 very large breed dogs

Hobbies/Interests:not sure, really don't have time for anything

Height:5'

Eye/Hair Color:green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:Feb 9 2017

Starting Weight:165

Present Weight:165

Goal Weight:120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:food, I love food.

Following any specific plan:no, just going with the flow.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I a tired of the fat shaming and really getting bummed about my past failures.

Anything else you would like to share with us:I really want a support buddy, someone to help hold each other accountable for our goals, someone to talk to and understand the struggles personally, emotionally, and physically, and of course have some laughs n enjoy this process.
Sam9871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:39 AM   #570  
says hi!

S/C/G: 232/232/128

Height: 5ft5

First name: Amanda

Geographical location: New Zealand

Marital Status: Domestic partnership, nearly 4 years

Children/Ages: Boy, 2 years old

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Playing Runescape, makeup, beauty

Height: 5ft5 (166cm)

Eye/Hair Color: Black/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 15.02.2017

Starting Weight: 232 pounds (105kg)

Present Weight: 232 pounds (105kg)

Goal Weight: 128 pounds (58kg)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I eat a lot of fried food, sugar and junk. I snack when I get bored and feel hungry easily. Can't commit to an exercise routine either as I'm quite lazy. I'm also a perfectionist and keep starting tomorrow as a single setback throws me off for days and I can't forgive myself.

Following any specific plan: Fitbit, low carb, no sugar

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm still thinking about this!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Looking for an accountability partner who has a similar amount of weight to lose! I'm also really afraid of loose skin so I will do all I can to minimise it. I'm sick of being so fat and heavy. It's taking a toll on my life and I want to do something about it.
ae.01 is offline   Reply With Quote