3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   100 lb Club Bios (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/2242-100-lb-club-bios.html)

DogNerd 08-10-2014 04:57 PM

First name: Michelle

Geographical location: Kentucky

Marital Status: long term relationship

Children/Ages: no children

Pets: 2 coonhounds, Murphy and Clover

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, cooking, baseball, going to the gym, playing cards/board games

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 2014

Starting Weight: 293

Present Weight: 270

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation and self sabotage

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers online

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm sick of being overweight. I'm getting older and it is getting harder to lose. My mother is overweight and she is constantly in pain, can only walk short distances, etc. I don't want to end up like her in 25 years. I need to change now.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I successful lost 70+ pounds about 10 years ago. Then I moved to a new state, moved in with my boyfriend, got homesick and depressed. I gained all that I lost and more. I'm now 100+ pounds overweight. My doctor told me that because of my age and thyroid disease, I will have a hard time losing weight and I should consider weight loss surgery. Before I get to that point, I want to try to lose the weight on my own.

Baconating 08-10-2014 10:42 PM

First name: Alta

Geographical location:Indiana

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages: 1/8 months

Pets: one old dog

Hobbies/Interests: thinking of reasons not to do housework

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: auburn/ hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time around? 8/7/14

Starting Weight: 240

Present Weight: 238.2

Goal Weight:120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: emotional eating, poor body image

Following any specific plan: using what I learned about nutrition from weight watchers, a body media fit armband, and myfitnesspal

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: renewed energy and determination. I have decided that since being healthy and looking good at a healthy weight are the most important things to me there is no reason I shouldn't have those things. Everyone needs a passion and mine is my body.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have been blogging my weight loss efforts, successes and failures for almost 3 years and I would love to link you so you could know me and my journey better, but I don't think I'm allowed?

DreamingSmall 08-14-2014 10:49 PM

First name: Marissa

Geographical location: Utah

Marital Status: Separated

Children/Ages: Twin boys, aged 2.5, baby boy almost 6 months

Pets: 2 cats, on a waitlist for a service dog for my son

Hobbies/Interests: reading, card and board games, writing, used to dance and hope to do that again soon!

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/grey eyes and brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Let's go with March 4, 2014, the day after my baby was born. Although I'd been working on it for a few months before (intentionally) getting pregnant, and kind of tried to eat better during pregnancy.

Starting Weight: Ticky question! My pregnancy weight was 306, my pre-pregnancy weight was 285, my all-time high was 313, but I consider 278.8 as my start-weight, since that's what I weighed 3 weeks after giving birth, after all the swelling was gone. (I get very ill during pregnancy and lose weight.)

Present Weight: 206ish

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Binge eating and emotional eating

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting on MFP

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: One of my twins has pretty involved special/medical needs. I will be caring for him at home for as long as I'm physically able, so I'd better make that a LONG time! (My only other true attempt at losing weight was prior to trying to conceive at all, and I got down to 165.8)

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am very happy to have found this support forum!

redgold 08-19-2014 07:36 PM

First name: Julie

Geographical location: Indiana

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 2 girls/ 14 and 10

Occupation: Home Executive ( housewife) / part-time machine embroiderer

Pets: 2 dogs Jake 13 and Sally 3
Hobbies/Interests: reading, sewing, crafting, and machine embroidery

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/grey eyes and red hair

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: May 28th 2014

Starting Weight: 260.4

Present Weight: 240.6

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Binge eating and emotional eating

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm tired of feeling depressed and tired all the time and not liking the way I look in the mirror.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I joined this a long while back and have not been on in forever maybe this will help with inspiration and motivation.

hrr6030 08-27-2014 12:55 PM

First name: Hillary

Geographical location: North Carolina

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages:none

Pets: 3 dogs - Bela 4, Baron 10 months and Mary 9 months, 2 horses - Ranger 9, Pearl - 7

Hobbies/Interests: Horses, television, reading (I like about anything)

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: Years ago, restart date is 8/27/2014

Starting Weight: 280

Present Weight: 280

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: time to eat right (not fast food), emotional/ bored eating, and losing motivation

Following any specific plan: counting calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm going to follow through!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm going to need a lot of help staying motivated. It is so easy for me to come home exhausted and start munching!

vsmith85 09-06-2014 11:05 AM

First name: Viola

Geographical location: Midwest

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: 2 (Eddie is 5) (Sarah is in heaven, would have been 1)

Pets: A chiweenie named Apollo

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, drawing

Eye/Hair Color: green/ blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January/20014

Starting Weight: 275

Present Weight: 253

Goal Weight: 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: stress eating. My son has severe autism and is non verbal, so life can be very stressful and I always used to turn to food for comfort.

Following any specific plan: low calorie

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I've suffered from some serious losses and issues over the past couple of years. I realized my son may need lifetime care and if I die young who knows what might happen to him, so I need to get healthy to be around for him as long as possible.

Anything else you would like to share with us: nice to meet you all!

Fresh Feeling 09-09-2014 08:32 AM

First name:

Geographical location: Western Australia

Marital Status: Not married, however, I have a loving partner and a wedding will eventually happen after we buy a house and save some money!

Children/Ages: nil

Pets: none :( pet starved until we own our own place

Hobbies/Interests: walking, seeing friends and an alcoholic beverage to go with my favourite T.V show

Height: 156cm

Eye/Hair Color: brown eyes blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: The earliest memory I have is wanting a proper eating plan when I was 12. I always thought I was fat and food has been a struggle for me. Things got ridiculous when I got a job at hungry jacks as a teenager. I think that's what did me in the most.. eating whoppers everyday, I developed an addiction to fast food. I lost 10 kg last year but I put it all back on. I have begun again just this week, as of monday.

Starting Weight: 83.8 kg

Present Weight: 83.8 kg :(

Goal Weight: 60 kg

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Stickng to the healthy eating after losing the weight

Following any specific plan: no, just from experience and what works for me -excercising almost daily, no fast food and try to not eat several house before bedtime

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is the most i've ever weighed? That's the only difference really. It'll just be harder and take longer

Anything else you would like to share with us: I plan on utilising this forum a lot more because It's so hard during the temptation periods to try steer clear from snacking on things I shouldn't. So thanks everyone for listening, and lets all get through this together

Shakes55 09-15-2014 06:16 PM

First name: Eva

Geographical location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Marital Status:single

Children/Ages:n/a

Pets: nope.

Hobbies/Interests: History, traveling, reading, music, hiking, movies and opera.

Height: short - 5'2

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: For this attempt today, September 15, 2014

Starting Weight: 217.8

Present Weight:217.8

Goal Weight: 116

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking to it. I often give up at the sight of failure

Following any specific plan: Samuel Beckett wrote: "Ever Tired. Ever Failed. Try Again. Fail Better." Thats my plan really. I am eating around 1300 calories and workout daily. But the goal is that failure is not end of my plan, the goal is to fail better. My plan is to try until I make it.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My attitude. I have made small goals and a pretty lovely plan. I love to organize and make lists. I hate to follow them. So I am playing this one day at a time with some goals. No really number based goals but fitness based goals. Things to achieve.

Anything else you would like to share with us: For some reason this is more terrifying, committing or attempting to commit this weight loss then anything else. Am I the only one who thinks this is a scary step?

Mama_Angel_2006 09-18-2014 10:41 PM

First name: Summer

Geographical location: Oregon

Children/Ages: two daughters (almost 9 and almost 3) and one son (13 months old)

Pets: None, sadly

Hobbies/Interests: reading, spending time with the family and few friends we have

Height: 5'5”

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: which time? I’ve done this so many times, that it’s not funny anymore. I guess it will be tomorrow, 9/19/2014

Starting Weight: 252.4

Present Weight: 254.4

Goal Weight: 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Stress, motivation, energy and time

Following any specific plan: None

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I need to get healthy so I can be around to see my children grow up and have children of their own. I also want to be able to spend many happy years with my husband

Anything else you would like to share with us: I’m tired of being the fat girl

Beth1000 09-22-2014 07:04 PM

Introduction from Beth1000! Losing it in Maine

First Name- Beth
Geographical location- Maine USA
Age-40
Marital status-I have been married to a wonderful supportive man for 14 years.
Children- I have a 10 year old son and would have loved to have more. Most likely my weight has interfered with my ability to conceive.
Occupation- I am a homemaker that works seasonally as a farmstand manager for a large commercial farm.
Pets- I have two cats and am looking for a kitten for my son for his birthday.
Hobbies and Interests- I am an avid reader, love to cook, watch tv, and larp (live action role playing).
Height 5,6"
I have reddish brown hair and blue eyes. If I don't conceal it I am going quite grey at my temples.
Starting Date- (9/22)
Starting weight 280
Goal weight-160
Biggest Hurdle- Giving up when it takes too long. I have often lost 20-30 pounds and then I stop and gain it back. I eat more than I think I do if I don't write it all down and I am an emotional eater. I also hate to exercise.
What's different about this time?- I am reaching out for support and I think I have reached rock bottom. I want to be able to be a good role model for my son and model healthy eating. I want to be the fit active Mom he deserves.

What else do I want to tell you? I need this, I have put logging in here daily on my to do list. I need to save my life. My Mother died of complications from diabetes at 62. I have high cholesterol and my body aches all the time. I have plantar fasciitis in my right food and it hurts to walk. This has to change. My sister in law invited me to be part of her wedding party and I almost said no. I don't want to be the fat one in her wedding party and cringe at all of the pictures. I want to support her and feel beautiful. Her wedding is August 2015. So..I would like to have lost at least 50 pounds by then. I am trying to keep my goals realistic.

Bardess 09-25-2014 10:53 AM

First name: Elizabeth (but i go by Beth)

Geographical location: Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Marital Status: Weird? This is fun - I live with my fantastic, supportive, loving boyfriend of 6 years. He never plans to marry (at all, no matter who he is with). Which is fine because I'm still legally married (why should I pay all the costs when it was *HIS* choice to walk out in the first place? Plus it's international and involves children so it's potentially messy and expensive. Ha) to my son's father.

Children/Ages: 1 son, age 9. Trying for more!

Pets: Cats - 1 tortoiseshell female, 13 years old named Shelby, 1 manx (tailless) black male, 3 years old named Manny (the child named him, i know it's not very original :lol: ) and 1 dog, 2 year old Yorkie-poo named Victoria (Tori for short).

Hobbies/Interests: cooking, baking, reading, computer programming, scrapbooking, biking, hiking, camping, family outings (bocce-ball, croquet, swimming, sledding, skiing, boating, fishing) binge-tv watching

Height: 5 foot 6.5 inches (170 cm)

Eye/Hair Color: green eyes, auburn/brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September 22! Just started my new job, so why not just shake everything up at once?!

Starting Weight: 298

Present Weight: 290

Goal Weight: Overall? 160. First mini-goal would be 230 (after pregnancy weight) next mini goal will be 199. Who knows, I might even be happy there!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: fear in relation to exercise, temptation to fall back into 'easy food' (read: unhealthy, prepackaged or fast food) habits due to worklife in relation to food intake.

Following any specific plan: no specific plan

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: seeking to build a support group instead of going it on my own, or just expecting others to be my support when they are not interested or prepared. I realize that I do in fact need some accountability, so this time i'm reaching out and making use of supports offered to me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Apparently I have no trouble sharing! ;) But I'll leave that for elsewhere.

carolt6465 10-03-2014 10:37 AM

carolw6465

First name: Carol

Geographical location: New Jersey

Children/Ages:26,22,13

Pets: 2 dogs, 2 cats and a rabbit

Hobbies/Interests: movies, nature, spirituality

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color:brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 3, 2014

Starting Weight: 259

Present Weight: 255

Goal Weight:200

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: sweets

Following any specific plan: counting cals and exercise, eating whole foods

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: its much harder

Anything else you would like to share with us: :flow1::flow1::flow2::flow2:

LaDolceVita1969 10-15-2014 01:36 PM

My Bio

First name: Sherry

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: Widowed

Children/Ages: 25, 23, 22, and 20

Pets: 1 Dog named Buddy, I cat named Jake ( My Fur babies )

Hobbies/Interests: My 3 year old Granddaughter, Reading, Playing games on Pogo, Music, Cooking, Spending quality time with friends and family

Height: 5'6 1/2

Eye/Hair Color: Green Eyes, Brown Hair

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: September 10th, 2014

Starting Weight: 260

Present Weight: 252

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: I am a emotional eater, and last year in a 7 month period I lost my sister, my grammy and my Husband so my struggle is to not turn to food to cope with my grief...

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers Online

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I now know that this is for life, a new way of living and making small positive changes that will stick with you for life.. I want to be around for my Kids and my Grandbaby

Anything else you would like to share with us: Thanks for sharing all your stories and inspirations and support, it really helps to know I am not alone in my struggles..

Marina Brasil 10-15-2014 02:33 PM

First name: Marina

Geographical location: Brazil

Marital Status: I got married recently. Gay marriage became a reallity in Brazil and now it's official! We've been together for 8 years, though.

Children/Ages: No children

Pets: 5 dogs, 2 cats (portuguese names that make no sense whatsoever in english but have funny and cute meanings in portuguese... lol)

Hobbies/Interests: I love long walks, travelling, staying at home with my pets, meeting close friends... nothing fancy, really

Height: 1, 58 cm

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2014

Starting Weight: 101 kg / 222.7 lbs

Present Weight: 79 kg / 174.2 lbs

Goal Weight: 58.8 kg / 129.6 lbs (doctor's sugestion, but i might change it)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Binge eating

Following any specific plan: Not really. From what i've researched what i do it's considered Intuitive Eating in a few countries, including Brazil, but wouldn't be in many other places, so not really sure what to call it here on 3FC.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not counting calories, nor restricting what kind of food i eat. I'm trying to do something i can keep on doing for the rest of my life. I won't be putting myself through a terrible time and don't plan on feeling hungry and miserable like I used to when trying to lose weight in the past.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Can't think of anything, really...:o

MissLoud 10-15-2014 04:11 PM

First name: Kelly

Geographical location: New Zealand

Marital Status: married for 5 years

Children/Ages: 2 boys 4 & 2

Pets: 1 cat Juno, looking to get another dog after loosing our lab a couple of months ago :(

Hobbies/Interests: Anything crafty, fishing, tramping, camping

Height: 156 cm

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/light brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time round? August 25 2014

Starting Weight: 121.5kg / 267 lbs

Present Weight: 114.5 kg / 251 lbs

Goal Weight: 75 kg / 165 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: picking! And finishing my boys food. Have got portion sizes sorted now

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting with a bit of IF thrown in

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Excercise and the fact I'm really enjoying it! Also I lost my brother recently and I don't want to leave my boys.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm a yo yo dieter loosing and gaining the same 10kg every year ..... not this year watch this space