Pets: Dmitri- Pug Mix 13 yrs young

Hobbies/Interests: My family, Concerts, Travel, Teaching, Soccer, Music

Height:5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Dark Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:08/19/2013

Starting Weight:289

Present Weight:289

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking to a plan to lose the weight, not succumbing to temptation

Following any specific plan:Healthy diet/moderate exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to be able to move without hurting, travel without discomfort, have energy to enjoy my life for a long time to come...

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not yet
UniqueKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #347  
You Will Get There

S/C/G: 316/316/200

Height: 5'7"

First Name: Errica

Geographical Location: Trenton, NJ

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Jamil 21/Jalaa 14

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Height:5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Light Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Early 90's

Starting Weight:295

Present Weight:295

Goal Weight: Don't Really Know. I just want to be under two hundred pounds

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Health Issues, Addiction to sweets

Following any specific plan: Eating Healthier foods and limit sodas

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I married my husband less than a year ago. I feel that my weight gain has affected our lives in many different ways. My husband does not complain about it (bless him) because he understands what I am going through but I want to do something about it.

Last edited by erricah; 08-25-2013 at 10:04 PM.
erricah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #348  

First name: B F R

Geographical location: So Cal

Marital Status: done with that

Children/Ages: 2 boys one girl

Pets: two female German Short Hair Pointers

Hobbies/Interests: Big game hunting, upland game hunting, water fowl hunting, fresh water fishing, salt water fishing, bee keeping, taxidermy, flying,-especially stunt, trap shooting, reloading for shotguns, dog breeding, hunting dog training, cooking, gardening, photography. And learning new things is really my main hobby, learning electronics at this time. I can handle practically any type of construction equipment, was a general contractor, am a master carpenter and was asked to teach carpentry for the carpenters union, have mastered most of the construction trades including electrical, drywall, painting, concrete, roofing, and though not mastered, do plumbing and air conditioning. I repainted some vehicles and did major body work and restoration on one bringing a wrecked vehicle back to like new.

Height: 6 foot

Eye/Hair Color: brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 8 of this year when the doctor told me to lose 28 lbs

Starting Weight: 279

Present Weight: 256

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: myself

Following any specific plan: Eat any food group I want but include sufficient amounts of certain types, such as omega 3 fats, such as fish (salmon), nuts, avocado daily. To not be hungry, but eat only when hungry unless I ascertain I need to eat more to stay healthy. I do not bother counting calories of vegetables as they are so few, eating all I want of that. I do not care for sugar so that is easy, I do not drink soft drinks anyway and do not like sugar in my tea or coffee. The drinks which I prepare are Jamaica and tamarindo which I use truvia or xlitol to sweeten just enough to remove some of the tart. I have a list of my main foods calories of the portions I usually eat and select about 300 calories worth of them for most meals. I eat fruit several times a day both for a snack and to suppress appetite.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:

Not very much, except this time the doctor told me that by losing the weight most of my physical problems would be ended including type 2 diabetes so I intend to keep it off. The last time I decided to lose weight was 25 years ago and I lost 60 lbs in two months then, with the exception I was much younger then and it was easy to exercise. This time due to physical limitations I have to do it mostly through taking in less calories than I need to maintain, or that is deficit calories plan along with what limited exercise I can do. Actually, I guess what is really different this time is my mental attitude

Anything else you would like to share with us

No, I blabbed way more already than I needed to

Thanks for being here for me

B F R
Big Fat Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #349  

S/C/G: 277/231/150

Height: 5' 4"

First name: Pearl

Geographical location: East Coast

Children/Ages: 3, ages 18 - 22

Pets: dogs

Hobbies/Interests: Spending time with the family, trying to get excited about exercise again (I was quite fit before I had kids)

Height: 5’4”

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 8/1/2013

Starting Weight: 277

Present Weight: 266

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not gaining it back. I don’t understand how I allowed myself to gain it all back each time I’ve lost. Also, making time to exercise – it really takes some effort to find spare time during the day but it has to be a priority.

Following any specific plan: counting calories, avoiding refined grains & sugar

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm hoping that posting here will force me to become more accountable and not allow the weight to creep back on. I will weigh myself every single day – even if I think I might have gained. Also, I plan to continue to avoid all refined grains and sugar. So far it seems to really help control hunger.
pearlfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #350  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

First name: Kathy

Geographical location: Colorado

Children/Ages: No

Pets: Cats

Hobbies/Interests: Art, music

Height: 5.5

Eye/Hair Color: Brunette, Green

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 8, 2013

Starting Weight: 232.6

Present Weight: 208.6

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I get REALLY discouraged at plateaus.

Following any specific plan: iDiet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a clear cut long term goal this time, to be within the healthy weight range by the time my husband returns from overseas next year. I am hoping that the long term goal will motivate me during the difficult times.
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #351  

Default Newbie!

First name: Sharon

Geographical location: Minnesota

Children/Ages: Bridget/22

Pets: Cat

Hobbies/Interests: Reading/Video Games/Nature/Hiking

Height: 5'11''

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 8/26/2013

Starting Weight: 284

Present Weight: 276

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Giving up wine!!! I love wines and high quality vodka and whiskey. It's lovely with pairing wine with dinner, and I always keep some on hand for friends and family. It's relaxing after a stressful day. I don't drink excessively, but alcohol makes me HUNGRY and inevitable leads to overeating, usually late in the evening. All those extra calories really add up!

Following any specific plan: Diet and exercise, Couch potato to 5K

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Giving up alcohol; workout no less then 4 times a week; start running again! I already a eat healthy, mostly low-carb, diet.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I might be too ambitious, but my 50th birthday is in a few weeks and I want to celebrate by running my first 5K. Might need to walk half the time, but for me it will be a symbolic victory if I do it.

Last edited by Oephilia; 09-04-2013 at 02:45 PM. Reason: low-carb
Oephilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:09 AM   #352  
DonnaNoble Has Been Saved

S/C/G: 245/239/137

First Name: Donna Noble.

Geographical Location: Ohio

Children/Ages: The Princess/13, Littlebit/7 and Baby Bee/4

Pets: 1 dog, 2 cats, 1 turtle

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, sewing, photography, crafts and cooking

Height:5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Mostly Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:7/19/13

Starting Weight: 245.8

Present Weight:241.8

Goal Weight: To make lifetime at Weight Watchers, it has to be no more than 137

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Lots of emotional stuff I'm working through with a therapist.

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I'm hoping that working with my therapist will help me deal with some of the mental blocks and emotional issues that have made me unsuccessful in the past.
DonnaNoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #353  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Just Joined

First name: Sara

Geographical location: Sacramento, CA

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 1 dog

Hobbies/Interests: Movies/TV, Reading, Knitting, Camping, Driving

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September 2013

Starting Weight: 250

Present Weight: 250

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation and sticking with it. This is something I've thought ALOT about and I need to just do it.

Following any specific plan: Not exactly, I plan to start with tracking my walking and counting calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is my first "REAL" effort. I've successfully gained weight my whole life, but have never really tried to lose weight. This is going to be different... Because I'm not happy with who I am right now and I want to do this for me!

Anything else you would like to share with us: So I've decided to join this forum hoping this will help with accountability. I have trouble staying committed to losing weight, but I know it's something I can do. I want to join a group of friends who can help me through this!
Kiwi13531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #354  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

DATE: September 13, 2013

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Staja / Sarah
BIRTHDAY: September 21, 1981
MARITAL STATUS: Domestic Partnership (since April 2008)
SPOUSE’S NAME: Chris
CHILDREN/AGES: None
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, crafting, video games, baking
PETS: 2 kitties - Earl Grey and Orange Pekoe

TOP WEIGHT: 274
CURRENT WEIGHT: 216
GOAL WEIGHT: Short term, 174, long term 145

HEIGHT: 5' 1"
EYE COLOR: green
HAIR COLOR: Brown - and natural!
OCCUPATION: Customer service rep at a janitorial supply company (super glamorous!)
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: NH, USA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Errr...losing weight? I found that I started to gain after I'd become complacent on my previous WL plan (Weight Watchers)/after I became serious with my boyfriend/figured I could "do it on my own".

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I really want succeed now, unlike the "holding pattern" I've been in for the past couple years. I know I need the support of others to help, and I don't have that system in place anymore. Hoping I can find a group to help hold me up, keep me accountable, and offer advice and encouragement!
staja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #355  

S/C/G: 234.8/ticker/130

First name: Paintedlady

Geographical location: Illinois

Marital Status: Married almost 20 years

Children/Ages: Girl-13, Boy-12

Pets: 2 dogs, 2 Beta fish

Hobbies/Interests: Gardening, sewing, crafts, reformed Christian studies

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Sept. 10, 2013

Starting Weight: 234.8

Present Weight: 234.8 (I'm in week 1)

Goal Weight: 125-130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking to it. I do well for a short while--2 to 3 months, then revert back to my old ways and gain back all I've lost.

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've committed myself to a full year, no stopping. I'm setting myself up for success this around by planning, planning, planning. What I'll eat and when, what kind of workout I'll do, etc...
Paintedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:54 AM   #356  

S/C/G: 274/210/150

First name: Tulip2/Sue

Geographical location: Iowa/South Dakota

Marital Status: Married 15 years

Children/Ages: None

Pets: None...

Hobbies/Interests: Farming, livestock

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April, 2013

Starting Weight: 274

Present Weight: 228.5

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not regaining like all the other times... this time I hope my health is enough.

Following any specific plan: DASH diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well, nothing so far... the proof will be if I don't regain!
Tulip2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 309/281/180

Default New to this and at rock bottom

Um. Where to start? 3rd grade noticing I was bigger than other girls? 5th grade when I was called thunder thighs? High school when I was ostracized? When I dropped out of college to marry the first guy to show any interest? Or now? I'm 31 and in a dead end job. Three years ago I was in PT because of back pain and told by my physician I was too fat to have a baby? Two years ago and pregnant when the obstetrician told me the baby was a fried chicken baby and to stop eating when I'd only gained 15 pounds at 8 months? Or being forced into induction after he insisted that I was high risk despite not having any complications? Being told I was too fat to breastfeed?

My highest weight was 309, the day I gave birth. The past two years I've half-heartedly lost weight and lost 30 lbs just eating only slightly better, walking, and (successfully) breastfeeding. Now my daughter is weaned, exercise is nil because we moved and my commute is an hour one way, my employer imposes mandatory OT two hours daily, and if I take a break I'm stuck longer. So now I'm forced to forgo sleep to get up earlier and walk in our not-so-safe neighborhood here in Cleveland. I have tremendous mommy guilt from all the daycare hours and my marriage is crumbling. My husband is a walking temptation. He's an overeater, buys junk food, sabotages meals, and exercise, contributes little to parenting. Worst part, we don't earn enough to pay bills so we're always behind.

Despite these two huge stressors in my life, I have to add another. It is time to seriously attack weight loss. No longer will I crack jokes about my weight before someone insults me. I can no longer bear the joint pain, the lack of energy, the self-loathing.

Here goes nothing!
elfea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 254/254/135

Height: 5'5"

First name: Amy

Geographical location: Oregon

Marital Status: Never married

Children/Ages: no children

Pets: Two spoiled black cats, Oscar and Bear

Hobbies/Interests: Movies, reading, music, travel, pop culture junkie

Height:5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:9/19/2013

Starting Weight:254

Present Weight:254

Goal Weight:135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Getting motivated to really dig in and do the hard work

Following any specific plan:Healthy diet/moderate exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I finally have a goal other than "Not be the fat chick at the party/in the photo"- I am seriously considering having/adopting a baby as a single woman, and it's statistically harder for me to get pregnant at this weight, not to mention as a single parent I have a responsibility to that child to be healthy and do everything possible to be around for a long time.
(And also, my brother is getting married next year, and I HATE the fact that I look so bad in the wedding photos of my other brother from last summer.)

Anything else you would like to share with us: Excited to find this community!
ctkat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:39 AM   #359  

S/C/G: 231/187.4/119

Default Hi, I'm Lyndal :)

First name: Lyndal

Geographical location: Australia

Marital Status: living with my darling boyfriend

Children/Ages: /

Pets: fritz the schnauzer

Hobbies/Interests: books, movies, getting outside

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1 jan 2013

Starting Weight: 234 pounds/105 kg

Present Weight:199.5 pounds/90.5 kg

Goal Weight: 119 pounds/ 54 kg

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: temptations for treats!

Following any specific plan: Jenny Craig

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have time, I need to do this for my health, and I want to look good!

Anything else you would like to share with us:
Lyndality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:28 PM   #360  

S/C/G: 350/350/250

Height: 5'8

Cool

Hey my name is Bianca I'm new to this forum. I have had a really hard time loosing weight since high school, so I'm trying something diffrent, looking for some support. Thanks. Goodnight
L8nitesnack is offline   Reply With Quote