Old 02-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 250/240/150

Height: 5"2'

First name: Rachelle

Geographical location: Minnesota

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: None (yet)

Pets: 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: reading, watching The Big Bang Theory, spending time with my husband

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 02/10/2013

Starting Weight: 250lbs

Present Weight: 240lbs

Goal Weight: 150lbs, but right now a small goal of 10% of my body weight for baby.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Dieting and exercising. It's all difficult when you're not used to do it.

Following any specific plan: Counting calories and doing "Walk Away the Pounds" DVD with DH and walking at the community center.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: More motivation to lose weight and a partner to keep me going

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am trying to lose weight and get in shape so I'm healthy when I get pregnant and afterwards while I'm raising our kids.
mumbleram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #272  

S/C/G: 262/242/162

First name: Amy

Geographical location: Wisconsin

Children/Ages: Two girls - 9 and 6, Two boys - 4 and 1

Occupation: SAHM for now. Before kids I was an elementary school teacher. I'll go back to teaching when my youngest is in school.

Hobbies/Interests: Sewing, crafts, baking, gardening, family movie nights, reading, and I spending time at our cabin & on our boat in the summer.

Height: 5'1"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Febuary 2013

Starting Weight: 262

Present Weight: 262

Goal Weight: 162

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Binging, fast food, sugar addiction

Following any specific plan: Low carb/diabetic plan by a nutritionist. I'm not diabetic, but I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm scared that I will end up diabetic and won't live as long as I want to. I'm on Wellbutrin and I'm hoping that will help with the binging/overeating. My doctor recommended it even though I have no history of depression.
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #273  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

First name: Shannon

Geographical location: Kentucky

Children/Ages: None.

Pets: A 1 year old beagle-puppy-thing, Max. A 13 year old cat, Cat, 5 year old fuzzy kitten, Morgyn, and a perpetually vomiting Siamese cat, Artemis.

Hobbies/Interests: Hula hooping, fire fans, flow wands, reading, writing, crafting, knitting, sewing, and dance. I'm trying to learn poi, contact juggling, contact staff, flags, and bellydance.

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Gray

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 2007/2008?/Restart January 1, 2013

Starting Weight: 300/Restart 262

Present Weight: 245.3

Goal Weight: 2013 goal weight is 200-212

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Keeping to it especially when I'm not getting expected results.

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Even when I got sick, I stayed on plan. I got back on track when I fell off.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm a certified hoop instructor. I used to be on this forum years ago...around 2008. I lost 80 pounds then

Last edited by Daimere; 02-24-2013 at 12:56 AM.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #274  
Amazingly Amazing

S/C/G: 253/244.2/140

Height: 5'6

First name: Rebecca

Geographical location: Gainesville, FL

Children/Ages: None

Occupation: Health Educator with local health department's STD program

Pets: 2 cats, Patrick and Kira. 3 dogs, Wolfgang, Daytona, and Cora

Hobbies/Interests: Knitting, spinning fiber, cooking (sometimes), hiking, kayaking, reading

Height: 5 foot 6 inches

Eye/Hair Color: green eyes, brown hair with purplish-red highlights

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 12/23/2013

Starting Weight: 253

Present Weight: 243.2

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My own mind. I used my weight as a shield for the longest time. I've recently come to see how counterproductive that is, but still have a lifetime of thinking like that to overcome.

Following any specific plan: I started on WW, and after following it fitfully for about 6 weeks, I decided I could do it on my own and not spend the money. Now I'm focusing on eating right size portions and listening to my body. I've lost weight doing this, as much as I lost on WW.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I see that being fat doesn't protect me from being vulnerable, it keeps me vulnerable. It keeps me from being empowered. I didn't realize that before. Realizing that has made a world of difference in how I look at food. It no longer holds the promise of safety. It may still taste delicious, but it no longer means what it used to mean.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I struggle with depression. I'm on medication and in therapy. I may talk a lot about therapy stuff. It may go deeper than some of you care to read.

Last edited by divine miss R; 02-23-2013 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Bolding, make it easier to read
divine miss R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:00 AM   #275  
adrift and at peace

S/C/G: 298/286/175

Height: 5'10" (if I'm not slouching)

First name:

Geographical location: Southeastern WI

Marital Status: Married to Hubs for 14 years. (Neither of us can believe that one. It seems longer. And torturey-er. Just kidding!)

Children/Ages: 2 daughters. Curly Top is 11. Lil Bit is 9.

Occupation: I work in a hospital in a non-medical role. I complain about it a lot.

Pets: One darling beagle.

Hobbies/Interests: Cooking, surfing the interwebs, and reading. Also watching Burn Notice and Psych on Netflix. I need a BFF next door with cable.

Height: Anywhere from 5'9" to 5'10"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes, brownish/blondish and starting to go grey hair.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I'm marking the official date as 2/17/2013.

Starting Weight: I'll share my heaviest which is 298.

Present Weight: 286.

Goal Weight: 175, I think. Retrospectively, I think that is where I felt the healthiest.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Myself.

Following any specific plan: Move more, eat less.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to do it for me. Just for me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Hmm. I'm insanely private and I overshare at the same time. My post in the intro forum is proof of that.
Silver Chain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:25 AM   #276  

S/C/G: 265/180/145

Height: 5'6"

First name: Casie

Geographical location: Florida Panhandle

Pets: 3 cats - Chibi, Kieko, Yang 2 dogs - Ash and Rya

Hobbies/Interests: gaming, photography, reading, my pets, writing, tabletop rpg's and online rpg's

Height: 5 foot 7 inches

Eye/Hair Color: blue/green eyes, light brown hair shoulder length

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 10-11-2013

Starting Weight: 265

Present Weight: 241

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not letting slip ups and natural weight gains derail me. I get obsessed with the scale and tend to get depressed if I see no losses.

Following any specific plan: Started on WW's, got off plan at Christmas, and started a low carb plan per Dr.'s orders in January. I incorporated it into WW's.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: KIDS!!! We want to start a family and I don't want to be obese and pregnant, not at my age!!! I'm obsessed with completing my biological imperative to pro-create!!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I try to be upbeat and cheerful daily and focus on the little NSV's to get me through tough patches, but sometimes I get really depressed about life in general. I am very committed to losing weight this time, keeping it off, and having as healthy a pregnancy as I can!!! Oh, and I can be super annoying chatty Kathy at times, fair warning!!!
FickleHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #277  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/140

First name: Elizabeth

Geographical location: Virginia

Marital Status: Divorced

Children/Ages: 3 girls ages 11, 7, and 6

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: my children, hiking outdoors

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I've been struggling for years but I have been devoted to it since 02/18/13

Starting Weight: 256 lbs

Present Weight: 238 lbs

Goal Weight: 140 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Paying attention to what I eat and not eating endless calories.

Following any specific plan: Keeping my calories under 1200. More protein in my diet.. less sugar and carbs.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
This time I am making good choices and set a specific goal. My doctor is watching my weight loss so I feel more accountable for my actions.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I need all the support I can get during this. I moved my entire family from Florida to Virginia last year.. and I am hoping this transition will help benefit me.
Sinderelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #278  
June Bug

S/C/G: 246/246/130

Height: 5'4

Smile Lets DO this!

First name: June

Geographical location: WV, USA

Children/Ages: 23, 20, 11

Pets: 1, He is my grandson, not really mine, but lives in my yard, Jax, he is a German Rottie

Hobbies/Interests: I love graphical design, cooking out, weekends surrounded by family, and work!

Height: 5/4

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Light Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 03/03/13

Starting Weight: 246

Present Weight: 246

Goal Weight: 125ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: motivation & the right diet foods?

Following any specific plan: Started the Nutrisystem 5 day, and I enjoy low carbs (bring on the meat!)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have more time for myself, and I have a little bit more money with my 2 eldest not living @ home anymore.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
changingmii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #279  
Beachy Keen

S/C/G: SW 275/CW 275/GW 175

Height: 5'5"

Default my bio

First name: Catherine

Geographical location: Nashville, TN (will be Sarasota, FL by Oct '13)

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 2 dogs-Booth, a 3 yr old lab mix and Zoey, a 4 yr old beagle mix and I'll be getting a gerbil once we move (found one I like now but it wouldn't be fair to stress it out with the move in a few months)

Hobbies/Interests: cooking, reading, observing nature, weather, energy healing, CRUISING!!!

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/dark blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: high school, most recently I started exercising and counting calories 3 weeks ago

Starting Weight: 272 is my highest

Present Weight: 264

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: pacing myself and not giving up when people start noticing a difference in how I look

Following any specific plan: counting calories, trying to eat as many fruits/veggies/raw seeds and nuts as possible and exercising 6 days a week to Zumba or P90/P90X or 30 Day Shred or Billy Blanks Bootcamp, etc.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: this time I'm not putting a time limit/goal on myself, I'm finally realizing this will be a battle for the rest of my life and I'll probably go up and down, I'd just prefer to do it in the 130-150 range than the 255-270 range

Anything else you would like to share with us: I think that about covers it
run4rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #280  
Moooove It

S/C/G: 255/248/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Mad Cow On The Mend

First name: Ummm...

Geographical location: The South

Marital Status: Married for 12 years

Children/Ages: Lil Mama (10), Boy Genius (8), Ruckus (6), Lil Princess (4)

Pets: 1 dog

Hobbies/Interests: My kids, writing, urban homesteading, minimalism, creative design, nutrition (no, really)

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 02/25/2013

Starting Weight: 255lbs

Present Weight: 248lbs

Goal Weight: I think between 140-150. It just depends on what my body is doing when I get there. My goal is HEALTH, not a number

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Maintenance I have lost large amounts of weight before, and have never been able to maintain for more than 5 minutes!

Following any specific plan:I am preparing for Weight Loss Surgery due to several other health issues. It's been a long process of researching to come to this decision.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm done. Totally over the game. I'd rather change the rest of my life and get living. When I have been successful before it was with extreme amounts of exercise (bootcamp 5 days a week, plus 1-2 hours almost daily of cardio). I'm not able to do that because of my other health issues.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have fibromyalgia, degenerative disk disease and a herniated disk (for the past 9 years), a large para-esophageal hernia that will be repaired during surgery.
I eat organic, love to grow my own sprouts, grind my own gluten-free flours, I LOVE natural eating and health. My issue has always been portions which is directly related to my hernia.
MadCowOnTheMend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 270/265/190

Height: 5'3

First name: MiMi

Geographical location: Ohio

Children/Ages: None of my own, 1-13 y/o StepDaughter

Pets: 6 y/o Russian Blue Cat named Smokey, 11 y/o Dachshund named Baxter, 4 y/o Chihuahua named Kelbie

Hobbies/Interests:I LOVE the outdoors! I also love reading, crocheting & sewing.

Height:5'3

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 2013

Starting Weight:265

Present Weight:265

Goal Weight:165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:I constantly sabotage myself. Instead of a healthy meal that takes 10 minutes to make, I'll pop a frozen pizza in the oven for 20 minutes so I don't actually have to do the work. What sense does that make?!?!

Following any specific plan:I can't actually follow a diet, as I become obsessed with the number on the scale and will get depressed if it doesn't register what I THINK it should. I have learned that the only thing that will work for me is old fashioned hard work, exercising and watching what goes in my mouth.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I was diagnosed as Bulimic, and spent 7 weeks in treatment back in 1998. I know now that it wasn't the way to go, and I need to be watchful of falling back into that pattern. I need to find a healthy way to lose weight, and realize that the number on the scale is just that, a number. It doesn't make me who I am inside.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am a bit snarky, I tend to speak my mind, and can get really excited when I see Tim McGraw on tv. lol
mizmimi02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:52 AM   #282  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Default I haven't done this yet.. :)

First name:Angelia

Geographical location: Arizona

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages:1 almost 5

Pets:1 cat

Hobbies/Interests:scrapbooking, smashing, anything house related

Height:5ft 5in

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/ green eyes/ brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 1st, 2013

Starting Weight:310

Present Weight:279

Goal Weight:160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:emotional eating and portion control

Following any specific plan:counting calories, lower fat, and sodium

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:mmmm Not sure. I feel more ready now than I have ever been.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nope
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #283  

First name: Angelina

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status: Steady dating the best guy!

Children/Ages: none

Pets: Boston terrier

Hobbies/Interests: art/cosmetology

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: green-grey/ red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Fall 2011

Starting Weight: 270

Present Weight: 267

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: giving in to temptation and dealing with a crazy schedule this semester!

Following any specific plan: Ideal Protein

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm doing a strict program that holds me accountable.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I started this with my future mother in law. I'm excited about this change in my life but it only being the first week, I am still struggling. I think y'all are fabulous and offer a great support system.
cartera1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #284  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/170

Height: 5'10

Geographical location: UK

Marital Status: Single

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: reading, writing, music, film

Height: 5'11

Eye/Hair Color: Blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Started august 2012, but only lasted a few weeks. Started again sometime around beginning of year, but didn't start officially recording/following plan until 25/2/13

Starting Weight: Highest weight back in July 2012 was around 288lbs. I don't know exact figure, as I started dieting, but didn't get weighed for about three weeks.

Present Weight: 263.75

Goal Weight: 170ish.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Commitment. When I'm committed I can do it easily enough. When I lose interest, I lose all ability to care about it. Also I have a very sweet tooth. I don't think I'll ever not love chocolate and desserts, but I need to learn to eat them in moderation and not just because I'm craving them.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting. Sticking to around 1500 at the moment. Exercising more.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel ready to look at this as a long term thing, and it matters to me more than ever that I get fitter and healthier. At my heaviest, I was really starting to feel how unfit I'd become.
terichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #285  

Red face Bio

First name: Linda

Geographical location: Denver, Colorado

Marital Status: Married for 25 years

Children/Ages: Brandon: 20, Brianna: 19, Katelynn: 13

Occupation: Certified Nurse Aid, Music instructor and director, accompanist and performing artist.

Pets: 3 dogs, 6 cats!

Hobbies/Interests: piano, flute, voice, acting, crochet, biking, swimming, boy scouting

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: I'm currently a redhead :-), with hazel eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:Sept 12, 2011

Starting Weight: 280

Present Weight: 165

Goal Weight: 130ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: bypass. learning to live differently

Following any specific plan: gastric bypass, high protein, low fat, no sugar, small portions

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: the bypass

Anything else you would like to share with us: I guess this is my midlife crisis. But it saved my life. Lost 115 pounds, dyed my hair from blonde to beautiful red, and got braces to finally fix my teeth. I'm a stage artist and I just didn't feel beautiful anymore. Now I do.
lindalucht is offline   Reply With Quote