3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

100 lb Club Bios

Old 11-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #226

Default me!!

First name:Kelly

Geographical location:Vancouver BC, Canada

Marital Status:Happily married

Children/Ages:6 months, 18 months and 3.5 years old

Pets:none

Hobbies/Interests: my kids, baking, camping

Height: 6 feet

Eye/Hair Color:brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: many many moons ago

Starting Weight: 310

Present Weight: 242

Goal Weight:180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: falling of the wagon , taking weeks to get back on. In those weeks I am off I can eat like the dickens and gain copious amounts of weight I worked so hard to get off

Following any specific plan: watching calorie in take and excercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I really want to do it for me this time

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have been fat almost my whole life and this is a battle I will have forever I realize I have to make a lifestyle change and in the back of my head I dont want to do it but I know I have to for my kids.
klbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #227

S/C/G: 273/268/180

Height: 5' 8

First name: JEN

Geographical location: NORTHERN VERMONT

Marital Status: INVOLVED

Children/Ages: KIANNA, AGE 9MONTHS.

Pets: NONE. THE CAT WE HAD RAN AWAY WHEN THE BABY WAS BORN.

Hobbies/Interests: COOKING, BAKING, MOVIES, PHOTOGRAPHY

Height: 5' 8

Eye/Hair Color: HAZEL/ BROWN

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 11/09/2012

Starting Weight: 273

Present Weight: 268

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: MYSELF!

Following any specificplan: MAKING SMARTER CALORIE CHOICES.. STAYING AT 1500 FOR NOW. WORKING OUT 4X A WEEK.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I NEVER TRULY TRIED TO LOSE WEIGHT BEFORE...

Anything else you would liketo sharewith us:
jdennis84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #228

S/C/G: 320/286/150

Height: 5'10''

First name: Amber

Geographical location: Chicago

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: Son Matthew 7

Occupation: General Manager of and Ice Cream Parlor and Dairy Store

Pets: 2 cats, 2 russian tortoises, a tangerine lobster, a albino clawfoot frog, and many many fish

Hobbies/Interests: Art, photography, graphic design, reading non fiction, lifting weights

Height: 5' 10''

Eye/Hair Color: green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: september something

Starting Weight: 320 (possibly more)

Present Weight: 286

Goal Weight: 150 (though I am not really sure. The bmi calculator says I should be at 150 to not be overweight anymore. However, I have a personal trainer who did a million and a half tests on me. They said that if I had 0% body fat I would still weigh 156 because I have so much muscle. So their goal for me is 186. So well get there and see.)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have to pick one? Possibly my family. They mean well. I'll do really well all day, and come home to find a poor boy, or giordanos stuffed pizza waiting for me. I dont want to be rude, so I'll eat it. But I am trying to eat really small portions of it now instead of scarfing down the whole thing and fries and coke etc.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting with my fitness pal. Eating lots of fruits and veggies. Protein and good carbs in every meal. My trainer wants me to eat every two hours. I have been doing this and it's working so far. I never really feel hungry. The biggest problem for me here is making time to eat. A lot of times at work I dont get to take a break (I dont get any sort of scheduled breaks either.) Anything I eat has to be quick and easy to make. Also I have been trying to cut out a lot of the processed stuff etc.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well, for starters I am not half a**ing it this time around. In the past diets I have tried were quick fixes and not life style changes. You name it, the lemonade diet, the soup diet, multiple smoothie diets, and pills etc etc etc. I have never really tried to do anything that made sense and could be maintained. Not to mention that I have incorporated exercise in this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have been over weight my whole life. I couldn't figure out why my stomach gathered fat like it did. I found out at 15 that I had a medical condition called a bilateral hydrosalpinx. Basically my fallopian tubes were under developed and closed at one end and gathering fluid like water balloons. In turn, my body though I was pregnant, and "padded" my lower body as though I was. I had surgery to have them drained, one was 21 centimeters around and the other 24. After that I lost a ton of weight without even really trying. Then when I got pregnant with my son I had a whole host of problems and was on bed rest the whole time. I put all of the weight back on, then started working in the food industry, and put on more weight. The smallest I ever remember being as an adult was around 220. I wasn't tiny by any means then, still around a 14/16 but a lot better off than I am now.
CaptainAmburrrica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #229

S/C/G: 363/304/160

Height: 5'9"

Name: Michele

Marital status: Divorced

Children: 18 year old son, 12 year old daughter

Pets: 2 dogs, 2 cats

Hobbies: reading, writing, spending time with family, walking

Height: 5'9"

Hair color: brown

Starting weight:363

Starting date:October, 2011

Goal weight: 160-170

Present weight: 304

Biggest hurdle:Myself. I am a food addict and I lose my will power and resistance to food every day!

Plan being followed: I had the RNY bypass surgery on August 14, 2012

What is different this time: I lost 30 pounds between 10/11 and 8/12 in prep for the surgery. I have lost about 30 since the surgery. This is my last chance.

Anything else: I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I am an only child with two older parents and I have two teen children. I have no choice, I NEED to lose weight. I have had limited success with the surgery because of my self-sabotage. I have pushed the limits and I fear that it is not working for me because I won't let it. The good news is that I am off all of my medication since the surgery. My blood sugars and blood pressures have remained stable. I need to allow myself to separate from my addiction to food in order to allow myself to become healthy and happy.I would appreciate any and all ideas and support.
mrs01987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #230

S/C/G: 297/see ticker/170

Height: 5' 7.5"

First name: Tamara

Geographical location: Tennessee USA

Marital Status:Single

Children/Ages:None

Occupation:Worforce Coordinator (I handle pre-employment paperwork)

Pets: Inside Cat and an Outside Cat (was a stray, that I have adopted) Both very spoiled.

Hobbies/Interests:Reading, cooking, learning random facts

Height:5' 7.5"

Eye/Hair Color:brown eyes and brown/black hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 10/01/2012

Starting Weight:297

Present Weight:286

Goal Weight:160 to 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:making time for exercise and eating healthy

Following any specific plan: eat better and exercise more

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I had to start taking blood pressure pills in Oct., so I want to lower my bp and better my health.

Anything else you would like to share with us:

Last edited by Mara : 11-30-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:34 PM   #231
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

hi everryone. i'm on my second leg of my journey. I will be 43 early next year. I have a hubby and 2 grown kids. i was at 314/316 honestly forgot, back in '01. I slowly took off the weight and got here once b4 and relapsed to 248 and now i'm here at 210. itis rough w/ diabetes/bad habits/bad back/and little real world support. Oh yeah pcos. i wish to be off my meds and be thin., I might be dreams ng but i want to be 135 maybe by the timei reach 44(or before). i am happy to be part of 3fatchicks. pls excuse my typos, iuse an android. if only my fingers were much smaller.

»»started@316««
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:00 AM   #232

S/C/G: 240/240/140

Height: 5'6

Default Getting Started

First name: Lauren

Geographical location: Central Illinois

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Jack Russel Mix- Bella & Chihuahua- Troy

Hobbies/Interests: Played college sports, still like to play intramural leagues when I find time, I am obsessed with makeup, and I love my little doggies.

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Grey/Dirty Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I am actually planning on starting December 17th because I will be finished with my last law school final and moved back in at home.

Starting Weight: 240

Present Weight: 240

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying motivated

Following any specific plan: Low carbs has always worked best for me and diverse forms of exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am getting married in September and want to start out my new life (being a recent law school graduate and new wife) healthy and feeling better about myself.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Through college I never had to worry about weight gain because I played basketball and softball and would work off all the extra calories I was eating in our 2 hour daily practices, but since graduating I no longer have the steady exercise, and have continued to eat the junk that I used to eat plus I have so much added stress with law school. Those factors are what have contributed to my 60 pound weight gain in the last two years. I am tired of not being able to wear the clothes that I want to and ashamed when I look in the mirror. I have a long road ahead of me but I really have to do it this time. So I am hoping by joining a forum like this it will help me to stay motivated.
Renlane5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #233
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

First name: Siobhan

Geographical location: Glasgow, Scotland

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages: No.

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Gaming, Photography, Blogging, Graphic design, Drawing, Films, Writing, Drawing, Fashion, Hair colouring, Coffee...

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Colour: Blue / Brown-Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 9 Dec 2012

Starting Weight: 212

Present Weight: 212

Goal Weight: 112

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Understanding that i'm not meant to be overweight, that i'm still just a fit, healthy thin person who just happened to put on 100lbs, and that this is only temporary, not my whole identity.

Following any specific plan: Not really... Intuitive eating and permanent, slow, healthy lifestyle changes.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not "dieting". I refuse to feel guilty about eating. Changing my habits to benefit how I feel, instead of just how I look.

Anything else you would like to share with us: That's it! :-)

Last edited by the shiv : 12-10-2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Weighed myself for brevity!
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #234

S/C/G: 306/295/175

Height: 5'7

First name: Amanda

Geographical location: Orlando, FL

Marital Status: Divorced

Children/Ages: Two stepdaughters, 13 and 15. One niece, 13 months.

Pets: A cat named Tinkerbell, and a nameless hermit crab.

Hobbies/Interests: Still trying to figure this part out, lol.

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time? Oct. 1st, 2012

Starting Weight: 306

Present Weight: 295

Goal Weight: 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting past that blockage in my own head that causes me to get depressed and binge.

Following any specific plan: Trying out some low-carb stuff. I'd really like to try the paleo diet.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My Dr tested my cholesterol and I am too afraid to make an appointment to get the results, and she has been hounding me for weeks about wanting to put me on meds.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've been more of a lurker than an active participant in the forums.

Gezebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #235

S/C/G: HW:325/CW:290/GW:179

Height: '5"11

First name: Megan

Geographical location: Indiana

Children/Ages: None of my own- I nanny 13 & 8 yr. old boys.

Pets: None of my own-3 dogs in the house.

Hobbies/Interests: Singing, Cooking, Sewing, Volleyball

Height: 5'11"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Since the day I was born.....Officially August 2011

Starting Weight: 325

Present Weight: 280

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Consistency

Following any specific plan: Count Calories and Exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not gonna quit until I reach my goal!!

Anything else you would like to share with us:
Old 12-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #236

S/C/G: 283/260/120

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Default I want to lose one hundred pounds at least. :)

First name: Gina

Geographical location: Indiana, USA

Children/Ages: None

Hobbies/Interests: Clogdancing, Reading, Writing, Making Youtube Videos, Blogging, and Playing Board Games

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, Black hair (I dye it black, it's naturally brown)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 2012

Starting Weight: 283 pounds

Present Weight: 260 pounds

Goal Weight: 180 pounds at first, then according to my doctor I should weigh between 120 and 130 pounds

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation to work out, Time to work out, and avoiding fast food and excessive snacking

Following any specific plan: No, just eliminating soda, fast food, and sweets while fitting in at least an hour work out a day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've been battling depression for the bulk of this year and I just can't stand to be this sad all the time. I feel that if I am able to meet a weight loss goal I can prove to myself that being on this planet isn't something that I'm enduring, it's something I can smile about and enjoy.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really need support. I feel like I'm all alone and I keep letting myself down which keeps sending me down these dark spirals of self-defeat and self-hatred. I hope that I have found a place that can give me a swift and supportive "kick in the pants" to get me back on track. I managed to lose 50 pounds last year, but have gained over half of it back... I don't want to fail again!

Last edited by agirlnamedgina : 12-12-2012 at 08:56 PM.
agirlnamedgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:17 AM   #237
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

First name: Trina

Geographical location: Cali

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none

Pets:none

Hobbies/Interests: reading, writing, sleeping, reading, reading, writing, sleeping,

Height: 5'0

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: which one? I start one every year.

Starting Weight:286

Present Weight:222

Goal Weight: 170 by next summer. 130 for next year. But I'll focus on just next summer

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: binge eating

Following any specific plan: nope

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: well, this started in January and I managed to actually lose 60 some odd pounds this year

Anything else you would like to share with us: Brownies?
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:54 AM   #238

S/C/G: 334.8/326.4/125

Height: 5'2"

Default The Beginning of the Road

First name: Samantha

Geographical location: GA, USA

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: NONE

Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:12/26/12

Starting Weight:~350 give or take

Present Weight: ~350 give or a take

Goal Weight:125-145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying away from junk food

Following any specific plan: Exercise nd calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I recently found out that my inertility may be caused by my weight. I want children more than anything. So if I have to work my butt off to have them then I will

Anything else you would like to share with us: I WILL GET THIS WEIGHT OFF!!!
samanthahwrd91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:56 PM   #239
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 276/264/135

Height: 5'10"

First name: Ariel

Geographical location: Saint Louis, MO, USA

Marital Status: married bliss!

Children/Ages: no kids yet - currently researching adoption after 5 years of infertility.

Pets: 3 year old rescue dog, Watson!

Hobbies/Interests: midwifery, adoption, herbalism, paleo/primal lifestyle, yoga, meditation, anarcho-communism, attachment parenting, atheism, role playing games, public health, feminism, anti-racism...on and on.

Height: 5'10"

Eye/Hair Color: green eyes, brown hair.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: ha, it depends on what leg of the journey you're talking about! THIS trip to the rodeo kicked off Christmas Day 2012.

Starting Weight: 276

Present Weight: 272

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: keeping with it when life gets too busy/hard - deaths in the family, bad diagnoses, car accidents, etc. throw me off the wagon for months or even years at a time.

Following any specific plan: exercise, paleo whole foods diet - keeping a food journal and anything else that I figure out helps me along the way!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Husband and I are hoping to apply to adopt at the end of 2013 or beginning of 2014, so I really want to work out my problems with my weight to free myself up to be the best, least inhibited mother and wife I can be.

Anything else you would like to share with us: soon, I'm sure!

merilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:36 AM   #240

Talking

First name: Cori

Geographical location: North Western States

Age: 36 although i have been told i look 26 and i occasionly get carded getting into casinos and clubs

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: not blessed with children yet

Pets: two dogs: yorkie and a shihtzu who were raised together and think they are bro n sis

Hobbies/Interests: i enjoy doing art, taking photographs and sewing

Height:5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 11/30/2012

Starting Weight:245

Present Weight:240

Goal Weight:145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: my sweet tooth, i'd rather eat sweets and drink cokes than eat regular healthy meals.

Following any specific plan:i plan to start slowly by making life choices first. i've been walking more and cutting down on sweets and slowly exchanging cokes for water.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: iam determined and i have no car. iam glad iam forced to walk to and from work.

i know i can be at a healthy weight...i was 155lbs just 5yrs back. September 2007. i had maintained that weight most of my life. then i allowed myself to get depressed and start relying on sugary foods to give me a rush and b4 you knew it i ballooned up to 245lbs. i know i can get back down to my goal weight and be even lighter than i was b4.
oceansjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.