3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

100 lb Club Bios

Old 09-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #196
I wanna be so hot that...

S/C/G: 242/188/145ish

Height: 5'4.5

First name:Rachel

Geographical location: Indianapolis

Marital Status:single

Children/Ages: none

Occupation: Student: Communications broadcasting/sound engineering

Pets:none

Hobbies/Interests: write music, loves scifi conventions, horse back riding

Height:5'4

Eye/Hair Color: greenish blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb 13 2012

Starting Weight: 242 lbs

Present Weight: 188 lbs

Goal Weight:140ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: eating healthy things, I love sweets way too much. I also find it hard to run with such a large chest.

Following any specific plan: Purely: exercise an hour almost everyday. Monitoring portion sizes. Moderation

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I never really tried in the past. This time I was serious.

sexiness is a state of mind
Goal #1 Onederland 7/9/12
Goal #2 185
Goal #3 170 overweight category
Goal weight 145
celticrae19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #197

S/C/G: 278/243/178

Height: 5.3

Default Newbie to 100 lb club

First name: Marti

Geographical location: Northern IL

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages:4 ..3 biological ages 18, 13, 5 and guardianship of husbands disabled cousin who is 23 makes 4 awesome kiddos

Pets:3 dogs all from different rescue groups..Lab,coon hound and chihuahua

Hobbies/Interests:I spend most of my free time at the kiddos school activities like volleyball and what ever they are doing at the moment but I do like to read, go camping, and I love to ride the motorcycle

Height:5.3

Eye/Hair Color:brown eyes and brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:May 16 2012

Starting Weight:278

Present Weight:235

Goal Weight:178 which is a 100 lb loss ..when i make it that far i will reevaluate at that time

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Dr.Pepper and Mt. Dew addiction

Following any specific plan:low carb, low calorie, low fat

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:It has really clicked for me this time and when I do "cheat" or mess up I get right back on track with the next meal instead of giving up and binge eating.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am really excited to have found this group

"One year from now, you'll be glad you started today."

Last edited by kmstacy : 09-17-2012 at 09:30 AM.
kmstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #198
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Height: 5' 2"

Smile Hello hello !

First name: Lee Anne

Geographical location: Virginia ( born & raised in Illinois my heart is there)

Marital Status: Married

Children : 30 yo

Pets: Cats Buddy (thinks he's a dog) Piper Anne (thinks she's a princess)

Hobbies/Interests: Internet, anything outside, Beach, knittter in the winter months

Height: 5' 2"

Eye/Hair : blue, brown gray

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Friday 7-6-2012 (LAST TIME)

Starting Weight: 225

Present Weight: 201

Goal Weight: 125 (Dr says about 140)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: cake, candy,ff,fried chicken, cheese steaks

Following any specific plan: was IP now modified Atkins

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I hit total rock bottom this time I never did that before.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Love this site

Last edited by 1spunkygal : 09-17-2012 at 09:54 AM.
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:38 PM   #199

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6''

First name: Laura

Geographical location: Midwest

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: my daughter is 23; my son is 22

Pets: 3 kitterbugs

Hobbies/Interests: reading, embroidery, surfing the web

Height: 5'6''

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes, brown (and gray!) hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September 13

Starting Weight: 271

Present Weight: 264.1 (can you say bloated?)

Goal Weight: I would dance a jig if I could get under 200lbs, ultimately, 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: everything I like to do involves sitting on my big ol' butt

Following any specific plan: Weight watchers (I bought the materials last year, am trying it on my own)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel ready to make the changes I need to make
Brandnewday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #200
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 305/290/205

Height: 5'5

First name: Courtney!

Geographical location: Grand ol' state of Georgia

Marital Status: Just recently married!!!

Children/Ages: No children yet, will be a parent in the future.

Pets: No pets since I moved, looking to get a cat soon.

Hobbies/Interests: Anything dealing with science especially Atmospheric science and astrophysics, watching good shows and movies, being outside, watching football, cooking, writing, singing, running, kickboxing, canning, NASCAR, live music, and much more.

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes and Dark Brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January of 2011

Starting Weight: 275 (I may have been a few pounds heavier because I wasn't weighed in until I went to the hospital after having been sick for a week)

Present Weight: 224

Goal Weight: 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: The amount, and to get out of the 200s and stay out! I had reached almost 90 pounds of weight loss and just relaxed for a while, life happened and before I knew it I had put back on 45 of it. It was very upsetting to gain back half of what I had lost, but I am here today, staying on track and making this a lifestyle change, not a temporary fix.

Following any specific plan: No just using My Fitness Pal to track my intake (which is calculated based on weight and weight loss goals) and doing a variety of exercises. Currently in Week 1 of P90X and it's kicking my butt!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am sticking with this through thick and thin and learning that even when life happens I still have to take care of myself. I refuse to let myself go again, because I am worth so much more than I used to treat myself.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just wanted to add that I am very excited about being in a larger community of very supportive people who know exactly what we are dealing with, and trying to overcome to be healthier and happier people! So let's do this!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:07 PM   #201

S/C/G: 300/Sig/120

Height: 5'4.5'

Default Kat's Bio

First name: Kate

Geographical location: Florida

Pets: 2 furbabies of the feline variety

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 1, 2012

Starting Weight: 280

Present Weight: 255.2

Goal Weight: 120 / size 4 which ever comes first

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Frustration with slow progress, borderline diebetes

Following any specific plan: Ideal Protein

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: If I dont change my weight and how I eat drastically, I will have to go on insulin in a few months, and I dont want that.
Kat117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #202
Little Miss Re-Invention

S/C/G: 253/233/125

Height: 5'3

Red face A Tip O' the Hat

First name: Sarah

Geographical location: Central NJ

Marital Status: Single (Dating)

Children/Ages: Not Yet...

Occupation: Full Time Pre-Med Student/ Full Time Account Rep for Ins. Co.

Pets: 2 Hermit Crabs (I don't have time for more dependent pets )

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, Pathology, Fashion, Gossip

Height:5'3

Eye/Hair Color: Blue-Gray Eyes, Light Brown Hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 8/19/12

Starting Weight: 253

Present Weight: 233

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Every Pound is a hurdle due to PCOS

Following any specific plan: South Beach Diet (works well for PCOS) - it's working so far! -20lbs/1st month isn't too bad - I extended Phase 1 for a month as per my Dr.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm sticking to it. I'm more serious about my health now. I quit smoking 3 months ago, and weight loss was next in line for my Re-Invention checklist.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm excited to share my journey with others who are on the same path as me
Im A Little Teacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #203

S/C/G: 238/202/138

First name: Lisa

Geographical location: Illinois

Children/Ages: 2 daughters ages 26 and 20. Also raised my little sis age 36

Pets: none at the moment

Hobbies/Interests: scrapbooking, card making, cake decorating

Height: 5'5" but my daughter insists I am now 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 1, 2012

Starting Weight: 238

Present Weight: 202

Goal Weight: 138

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: EXERCISE

Following any specific plan: DASH low sodium diet for high blood pressure

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My focus has been diverted from the numbers on the scale to the numbers on the blood pressure machine and cholesterol test. Focusing more on getting healthy than getting thin.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm very proud to say that after 4 months on the DASH diet plan, 35 pounds lost, a year cholesterol meds and 9 years of being on bp meds I am officially medication free. I've tried so many different approaches to dieting over the years but this is the only one that actually lowered my blood pressure. I feel better than I have in years!
olleharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #204
One Choice Smarter

S/C/G: 236/?/125

Height: 5'6

Default Re-introduction

I decided to re-introduce myself and update my bio since I've been away from the site for over a year now...there were a few unsuccessful attempts to get back, but they never lasted more than a few days. I've now checked in at least once a week over the last 3 weeks, so I'm feeling good about getting into full swing Bio from 4/2011 is pasted below - updates are in red.
---------------------------------------
For me, the drive to hit the 100lbs lost mark is more motivating than reaching a particular weight number on the scale, so that's why my overall goal is 100 lost from my high weight. I'm using 30 as a motivator not to let myself turn 31 in the same condition i'm in now.

First name: Future

Geographical location: [Mid-Atlantic] New England

Marital Status: Married [~ 3.5 years] almost 5 yrs

Children/Ages: 0

Occupation: [law student (finishing second year)] still don't have one. and i hate that.

Pets: 0

Hobbies/Interests: i'm in law school --- i don't really have hobbies :/ I love dancing -- dance class will be one of my mini-goal rewards! Also, I've finally admitted to myself at 28 years old that I want to be a movie star.

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Blue / various shades of red-from-a-box

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: off and on for a while, Been restarting every few weeks seriously since Dec '10. I've managed to stay down about 6pounds during that time.... I'm putting that behind me and making today the start of my real journey. April 24, 2011. 3 weeks ago.

Starting Weight: High weight (that I saw) was [227] 236; Weight today [~219] ~230

Present Weight: [219] 230.4

Goal Weight: [126] 129

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: the oh-so-easy-and-lazy dinner out. Getting myself out of bed early enough to work out in the morning. Overcoming my depression and probably my husband too.

Following any specific plan: no, just healthy --> edit: I'm counting calories with myfitnesspal.com and generally healthy stuff.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've tried WW, SB, and other weight loss things in the past. I bought Power90 in Dec but haven't gotten past 2 straight weeks. This time, I really just have to do it. I am doing it for me. My husband and I are very lucky to be back in school together and extremely lucky to be studying for the fall semester in Ireland. I don't want to feel this size, this self-conscious, this yucky in Ireland. I want our pictures to be nice. I want to fit more clothes into my suitcase Mostly, I want to be happy with myself and feel strong again. This time, it really is for me. I'm strong enough again to do it for me, and I will feel good about my physical self again. I feel better and more comfortable with what makes me than I ever have in my life, and I want to return to a physique where I feel that way about my appearance. And I'm finally strong enough to take control of me. Siigh. I recognize I'm battling a lot of personal demons and that there are a couple of major, MAJOR, life-altering decisions that have been weighing me down for quite some time. I don't know if I'm in the right place to let go of that particular weight yet (though I can't help but think when I do, my physical weight will follow suit), but I'm going to work hard to push through and not let that dictate MY physical being anymore.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I tend to babble...in case you didn't notice I've lurked about silently for a few days, and I"m already inspired a lot by everyone here. Start date 4.24.11

Get Back to Journey Low

GOAL

Joined 3FC 4/24/11 at 219, HW <229.7 on 1/23/12> 236 on 9/10/12, Recommit 5/24/14 at 224, Journey low 203.
FutureThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #205

S/C/G: 282/201/150?

Height: 5'4

Default first post ever!

First name: Breann

Geographical location:southwestern VA

Marital Status:single

Children/Ages:none

Pets:My babies!! two dogs, Tai and Tinker, and a cat Chloe

Hobbies/Interests: Animals, reading, horseback riding, outdoors- currently studying as biology major, my dream is to go to veterinary school

Height:5'4

Eye/Hair Color:Green eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 4th 2012

Starting Weight: 282

Present Weight:203.8(as of a few min ago)

Goal Weight:180/ hopefully 150 one day

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: new college lifestyle, hitting about 10 months on diet and its getting old

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is the first time I have ever really honestly tried to lose the weight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have been overweight my entire life. I happen to also come from a family of people who all struggle with weight and addictions. My mother had a gastric bypass surgery about 10 years ago and her sister, my aunt also underwent Bariatric surgery around 5 years ago. Both have had tremendous success and have kept the weight off (about 130lbs each!)- Because of my family history its reallllyyyyy important to me to do this right and only do it once! Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!! I'm excited to be a part of this.

Last edited by BreezyBrie : 09-26-2012 at 09:46 PM.
BreezyBrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #206
Misplaced Texan

S/C/G: 290/270/150

Height: 5'10

First name: Jessica

Geographical location: Ohio, USA

Children/Ages: none

Pets: one cat, she hates me and everyone else

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, blogging, computer games

Height: 5'10

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel, Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 1st, 2012

Starting Weight: 290

Present Weight: 270

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: How self-conscious I am about other people seeing me all sweaty and gross, and feeling that I can't do that fun physical activity, because I'm too fat and I'll look silly!

Following any specific plan: Eat less, eat better, work out. Trying gluten free due to suspicions I might be gluten intolerant to some degree.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Personal issues are a major motivation.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I fall down a lot.
elimeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #207
wonderful shrinking woman

S/C/G: Lbs: 400/T*2.2/150

Height: 5'6"

First name: cyn

Geographical location: left coast, usa

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: 3 beautiful, brilliant stepdaughters: 47, 48, & 50

Pets: 2 rescue dogs, 2 rescue cat, 1 goose

Hobbies/Interests: painting

Height: 5' 5"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/dk. blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5/2012

Starting Weight: ~400

Present Weight: 359.5 (see ticker for current in kg.)

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: plateaus

Following any specific plan: calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm now 60!

Anything else you would like to share with us: i survived a "fatal" accident in 1999 and have a spinal cord injury w/ chronic pain. had to start from 0 mobility to walking with a cane & present exercise regime (90 min. aerobic + 1 hr. pool per week)

Sistah's blog: http://www.phatlandia.com
sistah phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #208

S/C/G: 277/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

First name: Allie

Geographical location: Chicago suburbs

Children/Ages: One amazing daughter – 4 months old

Pets: 2 dogs (5 yrs and 2 yrs, both 70+ lb lab mixes), 2 cats (10 yrs and 3 yrs)

Hobbies/Interests: Playing with my little girl, singing, crafting, reading, cooking, hanging out with friends, shopping (although I expect I’ll like to even more when I get out of plus sizes), learning new tidbits of random/useless information.

Height: 5’4”

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Um, forever? I’ve struggled with my weight pretty much my entire life, but I’m going to say that this time around began in September of 2011, when I found out I was pregnant.

Starting Weight: I weighed 264 at my first prenatal appointment, but had been 277 (my highest recorded weight) earlier in the year. I’d somehow managed to lose 13 lbs over a few months.

Present Weight: 229.2

Goal Weight: My ultimate dream goal is 135 – comfortably in the “normal” BMI range (and it would be cool to say that I lost a “me” of fat off of myself). However, I am pretty flexible about it. Since I honestly have no idea what my body type really is under all the flab, it’s hard to tell what weight will look and feel best on me.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Just sticking to it. I’ve got a LONG way to go, and I need to have the strength to stick with it for the long haul. I lost a significant amount of weight (60 lbs) about 7 years ago, but got lazy and complacent and gained it all back (and then some). I’m so afraid that my determination is going to wane at some point, and I CANNOT let that happen. I also have an underactive thyroid (Hashimoto's), PCOS, borderline high blood pressure, and pre-diabetes. I need to get things in check NOW!

Following any specific plan: Right now, I’m using the My Fitness Pal app to track calories consumed and burned. I’m also trying to pay attention to the types of foods I’m eating (i.e. more veggies and lean protein, less carbs). Carbs tend to be my enemy more than anything else, so I need to watch that like a hawk.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Having a baby has made all the difference in the world. I made some pretty awesome changes while pregnant (only gained 5 lbs, and those only in my 39th week) and have continued to lose since my daughter was born at the end of May. Now I’ve kicked my weight loss into high gear. When I was pregnant, my determination came from knowing that I was directly responsible for the well-being of someone other than myself. And not just anyone, but a beloved child. Now that she’s here, I’ve realized that this still rings true. I can feed her the best foods and encourage her to be active until I’m blue in the face, but if I’m not practicing what I preach, it’s like I’m setting her up for failure. For who else is she going to look up to as a role model? How else is she going to learn healthy habits? My husband also has a significant amount of weight to lose, and we’re both doing it for her and for ourselves.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nothing at the moment!

Last edited by allieballiebee : 09-28-2012 at 05:15 PM.
allieballiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #209

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

First name: Kristi

Geographical location: Lansing, Michigan

Children/Ages: None

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Internet Forums

Height: 57

Eye/Hair Color: Dark Hazel/Brunette lightly sprinkled with silver

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 18, 2012

Starting Weight: My doctor's scale said 302 in the late afternoon. But since I weigh naked, first thing in the morning, I subtracted 4 pounds and said my starting weight was 298.

Present Weight: 237.5

Goal Weight: I don't know yet. I arbitrarily picked 155 but I shan't make an actual decision until I dip under 200 pounds and consult with my medical practioner.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Exercise. I am a VERY physically lazy person.

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers Online and My Fitness Pal.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm succeeding! This is the most weight I've ever lost in my life.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #210
practicing what i teach

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 3.5"

First name: JOY

Geographical location: NNK, VA

Marital Status: MARRIED SINCE '85

Children/Ages: 3~ B,26: B,19: G,13

Pets: GSD~JACKSON, MUTT~HARLEY

Hobbies/Interests: HIKING, CAMPING, FISHING, HUNTING, BEACHING, YARD WORK, READING.

Height: 5' 3.5"

Eye/Hair Color: GREEN~BLUE, BROWN~SILVER

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:

JUNE, 2012
Starting Weight: 232

Present Weight: 213

Goal Weight: 130-150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: CARBS, PORTIONS

Following any specific plan: CALORIE/MACRO COUNTING, WHOLE FOODS

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:

MY HEALTH/AGE
Anything else you would like to share with us: BORN N RAISED IN CITY BUT PURE COUNTRY GIRL

~I can't change how people act BUT... I can change how I react to people~
crossed over to ONEderland on 12/10/12
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.