Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 05:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Default just checking in...

Hi all...thought I'd check in real quick w/everyone and I have a question at the end. The pregnancy has been going along quite nicely except for lack of time to do everything, forgetting simple things, stuff like that. I'm happy to report that even though I'm obese (yes I was able to come to grips and call myself that after seeing it on my medical chart) I haven't gotten gestational diabetes, pregnancy induced hypertension, and have only really had mild swelling and haven't really had much morning sickness. As time draws close (anytime between now and new year's) I am starting to get more contractions and my back and hips kill me.
After the first of the year, I'll be joining ya'll in this battle to get my body back. So I'm looking for ideas on how to try and eat healthy now that I'll have a newborn, an 8-year-old step son, and a husband who also needs to lose weight and be going back to work after 6 weeks. I was on weight watchers before getting pg, but I truly don't know how I can get DH to do it as well and would really like to find something that I can do for the family to eat healthier.
Thanks,
Dawnyal
Old 12-01-2002, 03:35 PM   #2  
hot mom wanna be!

Congrats on the baby on the way! He or she will be here before you know it, your life is about to change big time but in a great way!
On the weight loss front, I would say since you will have a baby and work to deal with too-convenience foods are the way to go!
You can get healthy frozen dinners that all you have to do is "heat and eat" maybe add some veggies (frozen or canned) and call it dinner. The same for lunch. Lean Cuisine/ww frozen meals are good for lunch and calorie controlled too. If you nurse you really burn some calories making all that milk so take advantage of that!
good luck to you!
laura
mom of Logan (7 years old)
Closed Thread