Couldn't find jeans to fit

• Six months ago I couldn't find a pair of jeans to fit me. I'm only 5'3" and I was a full 100 lbs. over my optimum.

Last week I went shopping -- and got to CHOOSE those I WANTED from about 20 pairs that fit. And that was in just the first store!

I came home with about half a new wardrobe! (I plan on keeping it simple as I am still working toward a smaller goal size.) It felt absolutely fabulous!

This is the reason to stay on plan!
  • Awesome!!
  • Oh yeah!! Jeans shopping is definitely a reason to stay on plan! I haven't attempted it since 25 pounds ago. It was an embarrassing experience then! LOL! I made the mistake of whispering to ONE sales person that I'd lost a lot of weight and suddenly everyone in the store wanted to tell me how great my butt looked in a pair of jeans I felt like a sausage in.

Maybe it would work out better for me this time! And this time I'll be sure to keep my mouth shut.
  • Awesome!!

I'm still getting used to the idea of not being in plus sizes. I went to a second hand store before Christmas to buy some jeans for a trip I had coming up because all my other jeans were getting too big. I found a pair of Levi's in a size 18 that I quickly tried on and bought. When I went on my trip, I realized I should have gone at least a size smaller. (Thankfully they didn't cost much, lol.!)

Even though I owned a pair of 16's that fit great when I bought those size 18 Levi's, I wrote it off as "vanity" sizing and figured there's no way I can actually fit into a pair of "real" size 16's, and I didn't even try any on. Size 18, being the "borderline" size between plus and regular sizes was still in my "comfort" zone. Again, I still am not used to the idea that I don't have to shop in the "big girls" section anymore.

It's very true that it takes our brains some time to catch up to our bodies!
  • That is so wonderful! Yay
  • That's so great! New jeans are definitely a reason to stay on plan, keep up the good work.
  • Love it! New clothes are always a treat.