NSV: 3 servings, not 1 serving. (Long Post)

• This is kind of an odd NSV, but here it is.

Yesterday work was crazy, dealing with a crisis, at about 2:30 several of us looked around and realized we hadn't eaten. Long story short, I went to the kitchen and took the bag of salad I had brought for lunch, sliced a tomato on it , spritzed with salad spray, found 3 eggs and an onion, and saute'd them with some vegies and 3 ounces of ham I was going to put on my salad, and made a yummy frittata, divided it 3 ways, topped it with a Tbs. of Salsa and served it up.

The NSV, is that in the past, this amount of food would have been one serving for me. I would have begrudged (sorta) making it feed 3 people, or would have scrounged to come up with something else.

When I took it into my co-workers the comment was "Wow, how did you come up with a perfect meal for all of us at such short notice." So, instead of feeling deprived, it looked like a perfect lunch for the 3 of us. Wow. They were right, and for the first time I felt the same way.

I just realized how skewed my view of a serving used to be, and how much better I am getting at a realistic view of food.
  • Sweet! Congrats!
  • that is a great NSV!
  • Great!
  • Wow! Fantastic on a number of levels!
  • Oh I love this. That is so great!
  • This is wonderful! Congrats! You should be very proud of yourself!