Old 05-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #151  
made my dad a promise

S/C/G: 302/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Can I just say that I love this group?! So positive and vibrant, and we are all ROCKING the losses. I look forward to continuing to move down the charts with you all.
ilbnej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:44 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

So glad to finally be here in the 270s albeit the very high 270s, weighed in at 279.2 this morning. Good to see the ladies I know from the 280s, and nice to meet the ones I haven't met yet. We'll get to the 260s soon. We can do it. We've come so far already.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Oral surgery / sucks... drinking all your calories SUCKING thru a straw...hahahahahahahaha - I get it! I finally get the joke...

Anyways... Clementine - you will be wonderful. If it's one thing I've learned, old people just like to have someone to talk to who can share an experience with them. No one will be looking down at you - you are making the effort to improve yourself. People will either get it, or they won't. You aren't doing this walk for them, you're doing it for you. So keep your head up (but watch where you're going so you don't trip!) You will be wonderful! You'll sail thru it like it was nothing, and next thing you know, you'll be running the Boston Marathon.
Tell me, what time tomorrow are you walking? I will map out a 5km route here at home and I will walk with you from across the globe!

JamiSue - good for you! Fantastic progress! I'm goin' see you in the 260's lickety-split!

Keep up all the great work ladies! We're going to motor thru this phase like no tomorrow!
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #154  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbnej View Post
Can I just say that I love this group?! So positive and vibrant, and we are all ROCKING the losses. I look forward to continuing to move down the charts with you all.
i do love that we're all kind of keeping each other accountable by being so close and going down the charts together.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #155  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Down to 272.3 this morning! Yahoo! I am SO over these 270's!

Laura -- Glad your surgery is done and you're on the mend. Take care of yourself!

Jen / Mandy -- Simply loving all the love in this thread! It's amazing to me how supportive women can be...even if they themselves are struggling. Not sure we get a bad name in that department 'cause it just isn't true!

Cutie -- Welcome and congratulations!
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #156  
Butterfly In Training

The accountability and support is indeed awesome on this thread!

Laura, thank you so much for the time you took to respond and what you said! I read it quickly this morning before the walk....there wasn't time to respond properly then but I took the words with me!

The 5k was awesome! Weather was perfect and a fun, friendly group of people. I am so happy I did it and I know there is no reason for me to not continue exerxcising 5 times a week because I have for 5 weeks and that makes it a habit!

It was DH's idea that I go get a pedicure and he doesn't have to offer twice!
Clementine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:49 PM   #157  
made my dad a promise

Clementine - congrats on the 5K, what an accomplishment!

CanadianCutie - welcome! It is good to see you here. I'm about halfway through this "decade", so I'll be here a few more weeks.

JamiSue and Mandy - you guys are kicking tail and taking names. I'm going to have to step up my game so I can keep "hanging out" with you.

As for me, life is good. Work is good, family is good, friends are good. Weightloss is starting to really alter my exterior, which is a lot of fun - though I'm having trouble saying goodbye to beloved clothes.

Also, right now, I'm on the front end of my monthly cycle, so eating (right) is easy, and exercising has been easy lately too (in thanks in part to my new underwater MP3 player to entertain me while swimming!). I'm trying to take as much advantage of it as possible!
Old 05-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #158  
getting there

S/C/G: 325/273/200

Height: 5'8

I've been feeling pretty awesome since yesterday. Yesterday I finished my last day of student teaching...It all happend so quickly and it's sad to leave the kids/monsters and my great 2nd grade team. I feel so grateful for them giving me a great experience & all the gifts they got me.
So all the emotions going through me along with knowing I walk the stage next Saturday got me motivated. Along with the teacher appreciation potluck dinner I very much cheated on, got me to go on my 5k walk. I was proud that this time I walked a good pace alone and I don't need my buddy to do that.

This morning I woke up early for the gym. My buddy & I went for a couple of classes BACK to BACK. I thought she was a little nuts for signing us up for that, but in the end it was a great challenge for myself to work hard and try my best. First was Zumba and I loved this! It's fun to shake your hips and butt Then the second was Nike Fit Club...NOT so fun! This was so challenging but I did my very best even if I did go with the modifications on parts. It worked every muscle I have so I'm scared for how sore I'll be tomorrow. Both classes were 50 minutes and since so many people wanted to sign up, they moved the classes outside...which definitely had me sweating. Overall I loved it and can't wait to do more classes.

I'm waiting till tomorrow morning to weigh myself again. Hoping to see a lower number!
nikkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #159  

nikkster - glad you had a good time working out! but if you're sore tomorrow, don't be surprised if you haven't lost anything, or even show a gain. sore muscles retain water! if that happens, don't get discouraged! that loss will show up as soon as the water weight is gone

also congrats to you for finishing up your student teaching! my best friend is in school right now to become a teacher. i'm always so proud of people who choose to take that path.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #160  

morning ladies! 3ish more pounds and i'm out of here!

(273.2 today! woo!)
Old 05-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #161  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

3ish more pounds left for me too. (273.4 this morning)

Clementine -- Congrats on the 5k. Even better that the weather was so great.

Jen -- So incredibly happy to hear that things are going so well for you. It really makes such a huge difference to be content and settled in your life while working on living healther, right? WHAT?!? An underwater Mp3 player?!?!? How much do those run? I've just got to get my hands on one. I was on the swim team when I was in high school and just recently started up again when I realized I could burn twice the calories in the same amount of time I spent on the treadmill. The time would go by twice as fast if I had music! Tell me more!!!

Nikkster -- Happy to hear that you enjoyed your 5k as well. I'm enjoying Zumba as well. It's really nice that you have a gym buddy. It's made all the difference for me to have someone I'm accountable to. I can't think of how many times I might have excused myself had I not known she'd be there waiting for me. She's admitted the same to me as well.

Mandy -- You go girl! I think we're neck in neck to get to the 260's!

Last edited by JamiSue3916; 05-09-2011 at 01:08 PM.
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh my darling Clementine! Way to go girl! I'm so glad you had a good time. When are we going again? Enjoy that pedicure. Doing something to make yourself feel pretty is always a fantastic award. How sweet of your DH to offer!

well, ladies, 273 is being stubborn, since my wi is friday's, and by Monday i'm back up to 278! Oh well. I only count Fri as official. I really want to be 267 by May 23, so I'll need to boogie! Let's blow this popsicle stand!
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:29 PM   #163  
made my dad a promise

Congrats to Many and Jami on seeing 273 - that is awesome! I wasn't able to weigh first thing Sunday morning (not at home), so I don't have an official reading for this week. I'm still right around 277 (but those are readings later in the day). I'm not sure I'm going to be able to keep up with you guys, but I'm going to try!

Jami - what a blessing to be a swimmer, right? Such an efficient way to burn calories! My MP3 is not fancy at all (1999 technology, 2011 waterproofing!), it is called UWater G2 - I got it from swimoutlet dot com for $60 (I added some tri swim shampoo to my order to get free shipping). It can only read MP3s and you load it like a flash drive (you can't use Itunes or Itunes format music, unless you've burned to CD and reimported in MP3 format - luckily, I'd already done that for other reasons, so I have most of what I want on there). It holds 2gig, so I have my fave music and 10 hours of podcasts with plenty of room to spare. I have kind of funky ear canals, so I have a little trouble getting a perfect seal, which impacts sound quality a little, but overall I'm really pleased. It is so nice to have something to occupy my mind during endless laps.

Nikk - congrats on being done! And on being a gym superstar! I can't imagine the scale won't be moving on down with that sort of dedication...
Old 05-10-2011, 01:15 AM   #164  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

Well done you losers with just a few pounds to go!!!

Im delighted as I officially belong back in here today! I even put my ticker back up a pound to reflect what I am. Im over the moon as I lost 5.2lbs this week.
SuomiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:27 AM   #165  
made my dad a promise

Way to go, Sara!