Old 01-19-2011, 10:01 AM   #1  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Smile Change of strategy

I have been working on this weight loss for a long time now. In 2009 I did great but in 2010, I only lost about 20 pounds and then put 4 or 5 back on during December. So I decided that I need to shake things up and get re-motivated. I joined Weight Watchers last night. I don't think that I need their diet so much, but think the accountability of weekly weigh ins and the support of an in-person (as opposed to an online) group will help me.

The diet actually scared me a little because I am afraid that it will let me have a little too much food. After I got home, I got little emotional about it. I have joined WW many times. My biggest concern in the past was, "Can I stick with this diet?" Now I know that I can stick with it. What a great feeling! So I decided, no worries because I can always adjust the diet if it lets me have too much food.

I am looking forward to weighing in next week and think that having that experience ahead of me will help me stay on plan and exercise like I did last fall.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Cheryl - I think our path to losing weight takes many twists and turns. I think it's great that you saw a need to switch it up a bit and addressed it. Weight Watchers has always been a wonderful program. Carry on!!!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #3  
One day at a time!

PS - I still have trouble seeing my accomplishments because I tend to dwell on how far I still have to go. Last night the leader introduced some of their big losers. The largest weight loss was 57 pounds. I just sat there in amazement thinking, "I have lost more than those people."

Also, I was given the lowest points target. At WW, I have never been given the lower points target and I realized that I have become "one of those people"
Old 01-19-2011, 10:06 AM   #4  
One day at a time!

Thank you, Beverlyjoy. We cross posted.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:06 AM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Heck, "too much" food may be just what you need! It is scary to go there though. I've recently changed things up for myself too and adding calories has helped more than I imagined it would. Now I cycle my calories. But it's hard to make myself eat more calories on higher days, especially if the scale is on its way down! I have this notion that eating more is going to mess up tomorrow's weigh in, and it well may. But it's the bigger picture we're after, not one day's weight. Believe me, I can type it out to you and it makes sense, but putting myself there mentally is a major struggle. Yesterday should have been a bigger calorie day for me but I'd lost a full pound yesterday morning and just couldn't bring myself to eat more. So today is take-two.

I think just joining WW may be a real motivator for you, a nice kick start into something new. I hope you meet some nice people who will support you in the real world.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #6  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post
PS - I still have trouble seeing my accomplishments because I tend to dwell on how far I still have to go. Last night the leader introduced some of their big losers. The largest weight loss was 57 pounds. I just sat there in amazement thinking, "I have lost more than those people."

Also, I was given the lowest points target. At WW, I have never been given the lower points target and I realized that I have become "one of those people"
Amazing!! LOL! Do they know how much you've lost on your own?
Old 01-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post

Yes!! You are actually ahead of the 'game' there. I think you'll get used to the new approach, tweek it to fit you, and do well.

"one of those people'' - LOL
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:12 AM   #8  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

I just joined this month, as well, and have been a former member and frustrated to have to go back for the accountability, yet I think it was the answer. GOOD LUCK. Don't sweat over what you want to lose - you don't think of other things in your life all in one chunk (like you don't say, I need to make 1,100 meals in the next year ... or I need to get 2,500 hours of sleep in the next year ... or I need to wake up 365 more times in the next year ), so don't look at the weight you want to remove as one big chore. You're losing one pound, 40 times, right??

You're gonna rock it this time, Cheryl!!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 273/273/160

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on the loss so far Cheryl! 97 pounds is a phenomenal acheivement!! Good luck with the Weight Watchers, it may be just the change up you need!

I have done Weight Watchers in the past with success and have been debating joining again. I know it works but I am curious to try it on my own as I know the plan inside out - or at least the old plan, lol. They have yet again adjusted their plan.

I have been putting off getting back on track due to many factors but I realised the main one was being overwhelmed by the long road ahead - so I have been focusing on reframing my thoughts into taking this journey one meal, one day at a time - one foot in front of the other.
Kgirl1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:14 AM   #10  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nationalparker View Post
I just joined this month, as well, and have been a former member and frustrated to have to go back for the accountability, yet I think it was the answer. GOOD LUCK. Don't sweat over what you want to lose - you don't think of other things in your life all in one chunk (like you don't say, I need to make 1,100 meals in the next year ... or I need to get 2,500 hours of sleep in the next year ... or I need to wake up 365 more times in the next year ), so don't look at the weight you want to remove as one big chore. You're losing one pound, 40 times, right??

You're gonna rock it this time, Cheryl!!
Cool! I love this outlook! I'd never looked at it this way before.