Old 01-20-2011, 01:06 PM   #31  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSewmama View Post
I didn't count calories and completely went off program for three weeks in December (was eating crap I had denied myself for too long - fudge, cookies, etc) and I gained 6 pounds

I was off plan for 4-5 weeks over the holidays and I gained 8 and I ate a lot of crap. Again, not proud of that either. And not saying....just saying......

To gain 9 to me is incomprehensible when you are at the ranch.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #32  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I just got around to watching. The twins obviously did it on purpose. It does make me angry at them. I know that BL weight loss is not the healthiest way to do it, we all know that. However, it is better than not doing it at all and if they didn't want to be there then they shouldn't have taken the space from someone who did. I get that he missed his little girl, but if he didn't want to be away from her then he shouldn't have left her in the first place.

The thing with the girl only losing 6 pounds and Bob grimacing only annoyed me a little. What really ticked me off and made me yell at Bob and call him nasty names was that he said that a 4 pound weight loss was not to be celebrated. When you need so desperately to lose weight, EVERY pound is to be celebrated. The guy lost 4 pounds in spite of being on meds, in spite of being ill, in spite of limited gym time, in spite of the doc ordering increased calories. If I had been that boys daddy, I would have gone off on Bob so hard right then and there that he would never know what the heck hit him. There is no excuse for saying something like that to someone. The guy looked devastated, his father telling him it was ok was making him start to look like he felt better, then Bob said that and you could see the devastation all fall back in place. That's BS and I would have removed my child immediately from his influence, heck if I had been any of the contestants, I would have walked out right then and there.

I don't know what the plan is with these new trainers. I know Jillian is leaving. I am hoping that the plan is that Bob is being replaced too. Maybe the new trainers can help make Biggest Loser more like it could have been and should have been all along.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:06 PM   #33  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I love the show. It makes me laugh, holler at the tv, cry. But, I take it for what it is. Entertainment that just happens to be about a subject that interests me. Plus, I love to watch the transformations. Because, regardless of what else you may think, seeing someone losing that kind of weight is always amazing...whether it's here on 3FC or on BL.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-20-2011 at 06:06 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:49 PM   #34  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I just did a review of Heavy on my blog, I do kind of go off on a tangent about biggest loser though if anyone cares to check it out. Link in sig.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:08 PM   #35  
amazing

S/C/G: 214.5/185.2/115

Height: not quite 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSewmama View Post
But I know I read somewhere that the scale they stand on, isn't the real scale. They are weighed in earlier in the day/week/whatever at the doctor's office, on a medical scale, and the "scale" at the weigh in is just for show. But it's the first time they see the number.
I always thought it was obvious that this was the way they did it... that way they know what order to put the contestants in order to create the best drama.
HokieLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #36  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 197/ticker/136

Height: 1.65m

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitGirlyGirl View Post
if they didn't want to be there then they shouldn't have taken the space from someone who did. I get that he missed his little girl, but if he didn't want to be away from her then he shouldn't have left her in the first place.
Sometimes you have no idea how hard something is going to be until you do it. You can think all you like that your child will be just fine with relatives, that it's a price you have to pay to be there in the future and able to do all the things you want to do, but then you are thrown into an abnormal situation with a load of mostly backstabbing people and put through unpleasant experiences and not even allowed to call home and check everything is OK and you think you know what? I thought I could leave my daughter and I just can't, I have to go back.

Haven't most of us got into something at some point in our lives thinking it would be one way and then realising that it was nothing like what we expected no matter how much research we did about it beforehand, and realised we'd made a mistake? Going to a "top university" springs to mind for me, I didn't want to work that way, everyone said I should have been so pleased to get in, but I didn't even want to study that subject I just was pushed into it because it was my best subject so my school could easily take credit for getting me in there. I was counselled against a gap year cos they are for people who "can't cope" and it would make me look like I didn't really want to commit. So I left home a very young and sheltered 17 year old who loved her momma and her family and was thrown in with all these drinking, drug-taking, staying up all night and laughing at setting off the fire alarm students, didn't have a clue what was going on on my course cos I'd been scheduled for my instrumental lesson during the tutorial class unlike everyone else who was able to attend. I crashed and burned and was desperate to go home to my mum, and in 11 weeks I was gone. Nobody saw it coming, and I guess there were people who said if I couldn't cope why did I go, but who knew I couldn't cope till I went?

I made a fresh start at a less prestigious university near my home and family, studying a different subject, and did well.

Last edited by RoseRodent; 01-22-2011 at 11:13 AM.
RoseRodent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:36 PM   #37  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

The first season was great, but I quit watching it awhile ago. Instead of being genuinely motivating, it started to seem to be all about the ratings. I'll pass on that and live in my own little bubble.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote