Old 01-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 335/TICKER/180

Height: 5'8"

Eating lost of suary sweets which I totally erased from my diet and am proud of it lol. Now the closest I come to that is a WW desert, but last night the hubby and I went to dinner(I made it my cheat day) I did ok during dinner... didnt go all out but then he ordered desert and we shared wow that sugar took a toll on my body I felt shaky and just didnt like the way I felt at all.... problem solved I dont think I'll be craving any sugar for a long while lol PS Im not diabetic or anything which just goes to show my body got used to and likes my new eating habbits much better
aasshhlleeyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:17 PM   #17  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

One of my "old" bad habits has been creeping back on me the last few days since I have a few extra hours here and there now. (Since a boat load of personal commitments have been completed and life is returning to "normal").

It the "old days" I would spend HOURS a day sitting behind the computer, usually snacking or drinking while I surfed and researched various stuff. When I started my new life style one of the first things I did was limit computer time to no more than 1 hour a day. (all together or split up). I also moved my computer into the laundry room and put it on the counter where I had to stand to use it. Well, I have probably spent more time on the computer in the last 4 days than I have in the last 4 months....I also moved a chair in so I could sit to type.

I was never Morbidly obese until I got my first computer and I think there is "some" correlation with me. SO...I need to get back to my little bit of PC time before I start bringing snack into the laundry room...and getting lazy and sitting around when I could be doing 100's of physical projects.

Must. get. to. work!

Last edited by Lori Bell; 01-15-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:35 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
One of my "old" bad habits has been creeping back on me the last few days since I have a few extra hours here and there now. (Since a boat load of personal commitments have been completed and life is returning to "normal").

It the "old days" I would spend HOURS a day sitting behind the computer, usually snacking or drinking while I surfed and researched various stuff. When I started my new life style one of the first things I did was limit computer time to no more than 1 hour a day. (all together or split up). I also moved my computer into the laundry room and put it on the counter where I had to stand to use it. Well, I have probably spent more time on the computer in the last 4 days than I have in the last 4 months....I also moved a chair in so I could sit to type.

I was never Morbidly obese until I got my first computer and I think there is "some" correlation with me. SO...I need to get back to my little bit of PC time before I start bringing snack into the laundry room...and getting lazy and sitting around when I could be doing 100's of physical projects.

Must. get. to. work!
Lori-- this is really INTERESTING! I've often suspected that part of why my weight loss is slow and stalled out higher than some is that I have a kind of sedentary life. Even though I do exercise every day, I don't spend a lot of time on daily activities. I DO spend a lot of time on the computer, especially when I'm working on a project... I used to hear you talking about your day and I noticed you sounded really active.

Sometimes, I really have no choice and I HAVE to stay at the computer all day, but I think I'm going to set a limit on "leisure time" on the computer. I'm not a TV watcher, but I do enjoy being online.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #19  

I need to slow down! I eat far too fast and too much. This week I've been really working at chewing more slowly, smaller bites and enjoying the flavor, texture & aroma of the food. Believe it or not, I find I DO get satisfied with far less food -who knew?

1 week with the new behavior, here's hoping it becomes a habit and I can move on to one of the other myriad of issues I need to work on.
u2can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 310/281/160

Height: 5'10"

Fast Food! I depend on fast food waaaaaayyyy too much when I am at work. While I may try to get a salad from time to time, ff salads aren't that great either. While I will try to pack my lunch each night from my dinner, I know there will be times when I either don't want to eat the same thing two days in a row, won't have leftovers, or forget...so I am keeping some frozen diet dinners in the freezer, and a few non-refrigerated things in my desk at work.
Gamecockgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:24 PM   #21  
Winning!

S/C/G: 287.8/276.6/142

Height: 5'3.5"

Making excuses not to exercise. It's too late/too cold/I'm too tired. I made a goal to exercise 3x a week for 30 minutes (baby steps.) I went out for a walk, and was going to quit early, because it's so cold here.. but I said nope, I need to finish my 30 minutes! and was so glad I did. Hopefully I can keep up the attitude.
drinkypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:55 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrophe View Post
Excercise.

30 min, 5 daysd a week and I don't care WHAT it is. Walk, wii, bike, swim -- just anything!

I'm trying to earn a ... I did it once years ago and I want a fresher PALA patch, darn it!

A.
I just signed up too. I think it will be great motivation. Thanks!
CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:08 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 341/321/250

Height: 5'9"

My worst bad habit is eating between lunch and dinner around 4 pm, I like to just grab something fast which is not usually healthy. I don't have a lot of bad stuff in the house but I will then eat more of what I do have, which is mostly crackers or bread. I need to try and stick with fruit and water, and then leave my kitchen.
LeslieWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:13 PM   #24  
Queen of Rationalization

S/C/G: 260/257/135

Height: 5'3

Wow...mine has got to be exercise.

I live in a 2nd floor apt in a not very nice complex in a not very nice part of town so it's really easy to NOT exercise, because I either don't want/can't go outside or don't want to disturb my neighbors inside. Most of my bad habits fix themselves when I work out so I need to get back into it.

I set up an exercise plan with a friend of mine with a bunch of rewards to keep us motivated. Hopefully by the spring I'll be in good enough shape to sign up for a 5K.
c_laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:24 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post

Must. get. to. work!
wow Lori, me too. Gotta get the computer time under control-- hard to do when I work at one for many hours per day. I think I will set alarms to get up and take a 5 minute walk every hour or so. Maybe that will help.
Bunti is offline   Reply With Quote