I made a list of the top 10 things I have used as an excuse to stay fat. What are yours?
If I Stay Fat
1. If I stay fat I won't have to worry about loose skin. Even if I reached my goal I would still have stretch marks. What's the point if I'm not going to look like a model from a magazine?
2. If I stay fat I will stay comfortable. I know who I am in my role as a fat girl. I have no idea what it's like to be thin. What would I be like?
3. If I stay fat then I don't have to spend as much money on healthy food.
4. If I stay fat then no one will expect anything from me.
5. If I stay fat then I have a reason why I don't let people in. It's easier for me to say others don't like me because I'm fat instead of finding out they don't like me just because I'm me.
6. If I stay fat then I don't have to worry about my lifestyle changes leaving my husband behind. What if we ended up divorced?
7. If I stay fat then I can keep eating all that junk food. Everyone else does, why can't I? All the time?
8. If I stay fat than I can blame my weight for why I'm not successful in other areas of my life, like my dreams, ambitions, career, friendships, etc.
9. If I stay fat then I don't have to worry about being seen as too attractive and getting a lot of unwanted attention.
10. If I stay fat then everyone will see all the pain I feel inside - on the outside.