must keep "swimming".....

• s
    o the past 3 days i gained 4-6lbs.
    its that tom.

I'm just irritated, i know its not my fault but i cant help but feel crappy.

I've run out of snacks. (weve been snowed in for a few days)
    my scale battery is almost dead (the stupid things brand new)

but im trying to hold it together.
    I'm not going to let it get me down if it seems everything is against me.

i have to do this.

am i alone or does anyone else go through those moments of self doubt and feeling helpless?

(sorry for the rant)
  • Yes, I completely understand. I am in the midst of one of those times right now :-(
  • It happens to all of us.

Hang in there as best you can!

A.
  • Oh yes, I definitely have those times. I have to do lots of self talk, "This will get better. This will get better. This will get better." I also have to get busy with something that takes my attention. You have done the right thing, turned to 3FC. Answer posts, browse the success stories, read old thread. Hang in there. You can do this!
  • We have all been there. At least you have TOM to shift some blame to.....I don't have TOM anymore, so there is nothing to blame but my own stupid choices...

HANG IN THERE!
  • We all have those times I think. For me the best thing I can do is to just take it day by day or hour by hour. Hang in there, this too shall pass.

Lisanovak - not having TOM doesn't mean you don't still get some hormonal fluctuations. My mom still had PMS after she had long since done the menopause thing. The docs told her some women do. Just food for thought.
  • Know what helps? NOT weighing at TOM. It's one thing to rationally think, Hey, it's just TOM but...rationality isn't rampant at that time. LOL

I skip weighing the week before my period.
  • i would stop weighing at tom but im not regular and sometimes have it twice in a month, or i can go months without it.
    but thats its own issue lol.

but on a happy note i weighed in this morning at 264.8 so its come back down thank goodness.

I'm just gonna keep my head up and push towards each goal.
    if i get to the 250's by febuary im gonna go have a girls night with my bff (who is also trying to lose weight) its what i need to keep going.

thanks alot, you all make me feel better
    i love everyone at 3fc. <3
  • FitGirlyGirl, I love the "food for thought"....that is about all I should be munching on! LOL!
  • Quote: s
    o the past 3 days i gained 4-6lbs.
    its that tom.

I'm just irritated, i know its not my fault but i cant help but feel crappy.

I've run out of snacks. (weve been snowed in for a few days)
    my scale battery is almost dead (the stupid things brand new)

but im trying to hold it together.
    I'm not going to let it get me down if it seems everything is against me.

i have to do this.

am i alone or does anyone else go through those moments of self doubt and feeling helpless?

(sorry for the rant)
    Im with ya my TOM is due in a few days and within the week before my TOM is due I eat close to 1500 calories a day where as I usually keep it at 1200 to 1300 and I slack so bad on excerise because Im so dang tired but I know once my TOM starts I eat less again and then when its over the heavens open lol and I have all this energy and excerise 5 times a week again. Hang in there TOM will be over soon and you will be feeling great.
  • AHHH, I know the feeling! I got hit with a double whammy this week. It is TTOM, and I have the flu! I have not really gained, but I have not lost either. I keep hovering with in 1-3 pounds.
    You are right! KEEP SWIMMING! This is not a short term thing. Hang inThere!