what a bummer!!

• So my old scale was FAR from accurate. It was a cheap non-digital, that sometimes stuck, and where the weight could fluctuate by 5lbs or more, just by picking up the scale and moving it over 2 feet and putting it back down.

So, tonight I bought a new one, a digital one. I got on it, to see what weight it gave and sadly I weighed 7lbs more than my old unreliable had me at.

What a bummer!

Oh well, just a bigger success story for me

Christine
  • This is why I don't use digital scales. I'm going to have crappy analog scales until I die. It works well enough to tell me just about where I'm at, but it doesn't beat the intolerably brutal truth over my head with scary official looking numbers.

You could weigh a considerable # of lbs more at night though...just a thought
  • In 2007, I made a similar thread because I bought new scales and found out I weighed a whopping 20 pounds more than I thought I did. It was nice to know the truth though. You'll be rid of that 7 pounds in no time!!
  • My weight fluctuates wildly between the am & pm. Weigh again this morning first thing, after potty and before coffee...You'll be back down a few pounds for sure.
  • LOL I weighed again this morning, and was up another 1.5lbs!! I think this scale is EVIL . But in all honestly I am not terribly upset by it because it's my starting point, not a shift partway into my weight loss journey. If that was the case I'd be crying my eyes out! lol

Christine

P.S. My starting weight has been changed to echo the new scale.
  • we just bought a WW scale that gave me a different reading in every room of the house, in different parts of the same room, and even if i staying in the exact same place, different readings when I stepped on!! I thought it was the scale, until my husband tried it -same reading every where, every time. How can i change 7lbs by just stepping on the scale again in the same spot and his is consistent\?1?1? Frustrating.
  • Quote: we just bought a WW scale that gave me a different reading in every room of the house, in different parts of the same room, and even if i staying in the exact same place, different readings when I stepped on!! I thought it was the scale, until my husband tried it -same reading every where, every time. How can i change 7lbs by just stepping on the scale again in the same spot and his is consistent\?1?1? Frustrating.
    If it's the WW scale that is all white with no feet grips and you only paid around 20 bucks for it GET RID OF IT I had this scale before and it did the same thing I bought the doctors scale at walmart for 20 bucks he has feet grips too I love it it says the samething no matter how many times you step on it.
  • I don't know what it is about digital scales, because I can be in the same spot (much like you dcapulet) and get different numbers. I've gotten to a place where I won't accept a number until the scale has read it more than once. I used an official weight I got at a doctors office in may as my start weight, even though I know i've fluctuated above that at certain points since then because of that reason.
  • I guess I lucked out with my digital scales! They are ConAir Weight Watchers that I got at Wal-Mart for ~$20. I can get off then back on and still have the same reading. Then my Wii Fit gives the exact same weight, to the tenth, so I feel pretty good about their accuracy.
  • That's hard to see. Really - keep your chin up. You'll be back there soon.
  • I was thrilled last year when I bought a digital scale, but it was frustrating as all get out. The weight kept changing moment to moment and then it just died. I changed out the batteries and still nothing. I tossed it in the trash and pulled out my old reliable that I have to glare at to see the slash marks..lol.