Old 01-15-2011, 04:39 AM   #1  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Default Ski-ing -from size 22 to size 12

I am off ski-ing in the French Alps on Tuesday with 250 children. It's a frenetically busy time, and a carb laden experience in the ski lodge. Frankly I have been terrified of the food, and of my emotional state whilst down there. I've been really down, and have been trying to figure out why.
Anyhow I have a busy weekend ahead packing.I Made my life doubly complicated because I decided I would pack a fridge and food. Can't take any chances with the vile carb ridden stodge they will serve at the ski lodge.This was one of my compromises. I have lost weight by low carbing, and low fat, and know what the food is like there.
Plus side though my ski boots now fit a treat! I could never get the buckles done up when I was 300lbs so I used to ski using elastics to hold the boots together. Shameful really because if I had fallen I would have broken my leg (lucky I rarely fall !) So am wearing ski suit in a size 12, instead of the size 22 of last year (OH YEAH !!)This is all very complex emotionally, and I'm sorry to be rambling, it's just happening that it is all coming out today ! In the previous years I have gone down there, spent ten days with women ALL thinner than me. You don't get very many fat skiers ! I have ended up feeling more and more fat and ugly and have consequently eaten my way through the ten days They put out loads of cheese at 10pm as a snack !! All local French produce, delicious and utterly fattening
This year will be different. Today I have lost ONE HUNDRED AND TEN POUNDS !!! I'm going as smaller than several of my colleagues, my BFF is coming to help with the kids, and for the first time in 11 years I weigh less than her ! I'm going to eat well, ski well and play well!
I guess what I'm trying to voice is that the ten days on top of a mountain with 250 kids and 20 colleagues, can get very emotional, and I'm putting on armour to help me fight the carbs and those emotions that we all know can derail us.
Fortunately there is internet down there so I can post, but not weigh myself. Probably a good thing as altitude blows you up like a balloon, and you can feel your clothes tightening the higher you go
Sorry this is so long- just needed to let it out
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

AWESOME!!!

What a wonderful victory! I am thrilled for you and proud for you too.

Have a great time!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:20 AM   #3  
I Will do this....

Thank you - was just really rambling out my confused thoughts. Your comment really warmed me

Last edited by starbrite; 01-15-2011 at 06:20 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Am so happy for you!!! It is so awesome to try something that was unpleasant or challenging at our former weight. I think you are going to have a wonderful time!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

I bet you're gonna have a blast skiing less those 110 pounds!! Enjoy yourself! I bet you look hot in your size 12 ski outfit, too. :-)
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:25 AM   #6  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Great idea to prepare yourself mentally, and to anticipate the food and have your own plan! You are so ready for this; please enjoy and when you feel tempted reflect on the differences between last year and this year.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #7  
I Will do this....

Thanks everyone. Angie - that's very good advice
Old 01-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #8  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Starbrite, I want to congratulate you on your wonderful accomplishment! You will do great! The 250 children part seems daunting, but you are obviously a very strong woman and you can and will do it! I just wanted to let you know that I'm so amazed by your accomplishments. I think it's normal, by the way, for some anxiety to form given your previous experience when you went last year....now it's time to form a new, more positive experience and that's what you will do! Finally, if you do eat something you regret, keep in mind that skiing torches lots of calories.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:10 PM   #9  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Have a wonderful time ~ congratulations on the amazing weight loss victory!!
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:46 PM   #10  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Congrats on the boots and the smaller ski suit and the ability to make yourself and your health a high enough priority to be willing to pack a fridge and food in order to be sure to stay on plan. I don't think I'd want to do this with 250 kids, lol, but I hope you all have an amazing time.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote