3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Finally got myself a present :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/221875-finally-got-myself-present.html)

BlueEyes83 01-09-2011 08:38 PM

Finally got myself a present :)

I'm so excited, I got myself a treadmill/ cardio machine this weekend :).
http://www.sportsauthority.com/produ...entPage=family

I love it and it's defiantly a workout! I walked for 30 minutes today, felt the back of my legs burning and I was sweating like crazy. It's not like a normal treadmill, it is set to always be on a 10% or 20% incline. I burn double the calories then walking on a normal treadmill. The shocks on it really help my knees and I don't feel the pain like I normally would. Cant wait to walk on it again tomorrow!

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend :carrot:

theox 01-09-2011 08:48 PM

Sounds like a real workout! Good choice of present for yourself! :cb:

The Last Noel 01-09-2011 08:48 PM

That is wonderful, congrats!

time2lose 01-09-2011 08:50 PM

How exciting! What a great present to give yourself.

Charmsey 01-09-2011 08:54 PM

Wow! That's fantastic and sounds like the perfect present. Enjoy it! :)

SparrowSings 01-09-2011 09:37 PM

Hey there, BlueEyes!

That sounds like a truly spendiforous treadmill, but I think you should have held out for the model that wipes your brow and hands you your water bottle from time to time. ;) I use a home treadmill too (although I don't think I am ready yet for one that is permanently set to San Francisco hilliness --- whew!) and it really makes a big difference for me by eliminating all the "getting to the gym" excuses. This is going to be one of the best investments you have ever made!

Congratulations on your loss so far and I look forward to hearing more about your adventures!

So, do you listen to music or watch TV or anything while you walk?

BlueEyes83 01-09-2011 09:44 PM

Thanks everyone :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SparrowSings (Post 3643530)
Hey there, BlueEyes!

That sounds like a truly spendiforous treadmill, but I think you should have held out for the model that wipes your brow and hands you your water bottle from time to time. ;) I use a home treadmill too (although I don't think I am ready yet for one that is permanently set to San Francisco hilliness --- whew!) and it really makes a big difference for me by eliminating all the "getting to the gym" excuses. This is going to be one of the best investments you have ever made!

Congratulations on your loss so far and I look forward to hearing more about your adventures!

So, do you listen to music or watch TV or anything while you walk?

I listen to music when I walk. Unfortunately the treadmill is facing a wall so I can't watch TV. I need something to walk too :p. This new treadmill actually has speakers so all I need to do is plug my IPOD in. I used all my Christmas money paying for this and I know it is well worth it!

Tai 01-09-2011 11:39 PM

That looks great; congratulations! Keep us updated on how you like it.

goal4agirl 01-10-2011 12:35 AM

ooh nice! I wish I lived next door to you! ;)

OhMyDogs 01-10-2011 02:08 AM

Oh how exciting! I have a friend who has an exercise bike she's going to give me, and am really excited too....but I won't be getting that until next month, because she lives several hours away. Who ever thought a piece of exercise equipment would be so exciting eh? lol

SparrowSings 01-10-2011 09:18 AM

BlueEyes: I listen to music when I walk. Unfortunately the treadmill is facing a wall so I can't watch TV. I need something to walk too . This new treadmill actually has speakers so all I need to do is plug my IPOD in. I used all my Christmas money paying for this and I know it is well worth it!

My treadmill faces a wall as well, but I take my glasses off when I use it and I am so near-sighted it really doesn't matter. :) I put my Ipod on, crank the volume and it's like I am in my own little world. I looked into gym memberships (wow! expensive) and thought it might be fun to figure out how many trips on the treadmill instead of to a gym would pay me back the money I spent on my machine.

And I absolutely agree that this is money well-spent. I live in Colorado and it is so easy to decide NOT to drive on bad roads in order to get to the gym --- with the treadmill, I don't have that excuse.