3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Losing weight and bra size, help? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/221835-losing-weight-bra-size-help.html)

lottie63 01-09-2011 03:10 PM

Losing weight and bra size, help?

So, I was really excited cuz right when I hit 40 lbs lost I went from a 44 F to a 42 DDD. I was pretty excited...

But then this week, not due for my period and not pregnant, I have gone back to an F.

It's tightened all the way, and it's a TINY bit roomy, but WAY more comfortable than my DDD which I am falling out the bottom of!

What happened?!

Anyone else have this happen? My bf says it's the universe giving him a gift. lol.

DixC Chix 01-09-2011 03:43 PM

It could be that ol' hydration gain. If I can swell in my belly, why not the girls, too? Is the band size the same?

lottie63 01-09-2011 03:48 PM

The cup went up, not the band.

Also, I'm down in weight, wouldn't I be up if it were water retention?

DixC Chix 01-09-2011 03:54 PM

Are the styles of bras the same because my girls behave differently depending on the construction?

lottie63 01-09-2011 04:10 PM

Yup. Same bra. ( pretty much ONLY buy the balconette from lane bryant. It's fabulous!)

But either way, a few weeks ago this bra I"m wearing now was too big. I"ve lost weight since then and now it's fitting.

Confusion abounds. :(

deetermined2 01-09-2011 04:23 PM

On my bras, if I'm coming out the bottom, I usually need to go down a band size, whereas if I'm leaking out the top I need to go up a cup size.

lottie63 01-09-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetermined2 (Post 3642937)
On my bras, if I'm coming out the bottom, I usually need to go down a band size, whereas if I'm leaking out the top I need to go up a cup size.

I'm kind of having both problems at once. lol.

I was not having these problems a week ago.

I don't eat dairy or meat, it's not a BGH thing. I'm disturbed.

DixC Chix 01-09-2011 04:45 PM

You are in your 30's, right? Your hormone fluctuations could be changing.

I have a friend who swears she has only a few 'good' days a month when her hormones are not going one way or the other. Premenstrual changes can begin as early as two weeks before and take a week to normalize after hence my friend's theory.

And I do think water gains can be concentrated in different areas of the body. I never notice a change in the girls but my ankles tell a different story. I also think you may have lost more weight than you know but you can't tell because of the water gain.

:dunno: These are my best guesses based on anecdotal experience not scientifically proven. ;)

lottie63 01-09-2011 05:26 PM

Lost more weight than I know? I'll take it! Mystery solved.

lol

wooo! :P

haha. ;)

Maybe, that might be it. It's annoying, they are so huge. lol.

and yeah I"m 31. There is a weirdness that might help explain, I run my bc together for 3 months, then TOM comes. Like clockwork most of the time. ( Before the pill it was a MESS, basically, if I"m NOT taking the pill, it's more like time of the year. cuz it is EVERY SINGLE DAY!)

Anyhow, I do notice sometimes I get PMS even when it's not my 'due time' and I don't get my actual period, but I Get VERY cranky and I bloat and boobs get bigger. This is making some sense to me that this may be it. Some months it's worse than others, so I think it's been okay for awhile so I must've just forgotten about this happening. I was so evil yesterday. lol. my poor bf. haha.