Old 01-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #1  

Default Do any of you blog about your journey?

I'd love to read some, as I've been thinking about doing it myself.
What blog platforms do you use?
UAshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I"m on sparkpeople with my blog:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_pu...?id=ALICIA0099

I started on oct 19th with what I"m hoping is 'the final round" I'm on day 80 today.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #3  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

I do... well I use to be awesome about it, but my posts died down in 2010 because nursing school was kicking my a**... I am back at it again though.... More time now!

Sorry- Link to my blog is in to the left over here...
<-----------------------------------

Last edited by akacutie; 01-08-2011 at 07:10 PM.
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #4  

Wordpress.com here.

I don't post all that much, it just depends on how much time I have. Nor do I feel I'm like a great blog writer or anything. But I usually do at least a weekly weigh-in post for accountability and sometimes more, depending on what's on my mind. Anyway, link in my sig if anyone is curious. My journey has been, uh, SLOW. But I've kept at it and am finally starting to really get moving.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #5  

Well, I registered one on blogspot.... just got it all set up and about to write my first entry.

I'm writing this partially to hold myself accountable and partially just to tell the story of what it's like to be overweight and some of the things you encounter.

Not to mention what it's like to be a southern woman or what it's like to be a mid-20s single woman.

I'm a bit excited to begin writing. I've always wanted to write a book, and have been told my life would make a good one, if nothing else it would be entertaining and laughable, so I figure if nothing else, at least I will have my adventures chronicled!

Thanks for the links to all of yours! This should be fun!
Old 01-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #6  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I do one of the 3FC wordpress blogs. The link is in my sidebar here under my weights (S/C/G) and height. My blog is mostly of interest just to me - recipes I don't want to forget, milestones I'm excited about, things I'm pondering - but I think it's definitely been helpful for me just to write things down. Plus I have gone back to read old entries to see "when did that happen?" or "what the heck was I thinking!?!!" so it's been useful that way too.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

See my sig

I am down to 1 post a month now, but at the start of my journey, it was really helpful for me to get my thoughts out 'on paper'. Plus, it is really nice to be able to go back and review where I came from.
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:56 PM   #8  

Thanks again, i'm enjoying reading these!

Mine (from what I am envisioning) will have more creative writing type blogs about this whole process than anything. I'm a writer by trade, so it's time to get some of this down on paper I guess.

I want to tell the stories that go around weight loss more than journaling food or weigh ins. Eventually, I want to be able to use it as a way for people who are just beginning to lose weight to identify with someone who has been there.

For me... what I've realized is that there are a few things in my life that are all tied together. Being overweight, growing up in a traditional Southern family, and trying to separate the frogs from the princes are all kind of entangled in my life, so I think it will be fun to try to write about it.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:04 AM   #9  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

I'm starting to get back into blogging. I started last year but it didn't last very long. So I started up again with the new year. I'm just posting things happening in my life, goals, weigh ins, receipes I don't want to forget, things like that. Though I did have one person this week write on my blog that I am boring...well...umm, im not forcing anyone to read my blog. I would say my life is interesting and I've accomplish a lot. I live overseas in South Korea and teach at an international school on an island off the southern coast.

Anyways, if you want to drop by every now and then, the link is over there <<<<<<. I follow many of the 3fc blogs that get updated. I relate to many different people's stories and many times I get ideas to help better my own journey.
shan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:33 AM   #10  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

I do blog, but I'm pretty sure I'm incredibly dull.

http://incrementalchanges.tumblr.com
annieoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Yep, I am on blogspot. I have blogged for over 3 years and it has helped me SO MUCH. It's a great way to have accountability and a place to vent and share triumphs.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:34 PM   #12  
Livin' Like a Lucky Charm

S/C/G: 280/258.8/142

Height: 5'4''

I'm starting a blog about my journey.

It's on blogspot/blogger.

Granted, I'm just starting, so it's only like three posts right now. :P

http://charmsey.blogspot.com/
Charmsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #13  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I just started a new blog today. I"m still doing the one on spark, but it's mainly daily accountability. This is more for issues surrounding weight loss, food addiction, etc:

www.beyondwillpower.blogspot.com
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #14  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I have a link to my blog in my signature. I've not been a very good blogger in the past, but one of my new year's resolution is to be better at it for the accountability it could provide. I just posted today for the first time since August.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #15  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I think most of us, me included, keep a blog of some sort. My platform is Jaws, hosted on my husband's server. Link is in signature.

I don't get much traffic and thats okay, it's more for myself than others
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote