Jeans!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So for weeks I've been working on my trip wardrobe, and knew that Jeans were an item I wanted.
    Now, although I've lost a lot, I'm still not slender. I'm also 55 and come on, Mutton dressed as Lamb has never been my preferred style. So I've been looking for some denim-style comfort slacks kind of thing. Without success. I've looked in all the middle-aged shops.....

So today I went into a high street store that has rack upon rack of jeans. Real jeans. Metal button and zipped fly jeans. No elasticated waist jeans. Scary jeans.

First I tried a pair of UK16 "Sexy bootcut". Waaaay to big at the waist.
    Then I tried a pair of "Skinny straight". Because of the skinniness, I went for a UK18. Waaaaay too big at the waist.
    Although I flirted with a UK14 - it was OK but just a bit too snug for long days of plane, coach, foot travel - I came out of the shop with a pair of real, denim, fly-front, metal button UK16 JEANS!!!!! Talk about feeling normal!! They don't look middleaged but they don't look muttonny either.
  • PS, although they're great on the btm and legs - I'm going to have to buy a belt for the waist!!!!! Unheard of!
  • pps - I've never owned a pair of real jeans before, only elasticated simul-jeans!
  • Oh, man --- what FUN!

And what a great reminder of the benefits of really working your program, Rosinante! Given the wonderful amount of weight you have lost, I am not surprised you can fit into some sexy, "real" jeans. You are SO going to strut your stuff on this trip, m'dear.

WAY TO GO!!

• Let's see some photos!!!!

These are the real goals in our life! Congrats!
  • That is fabulous! Rock those jeans!
  • Fabulous! So happy for you
  • Yay!! That is so wonderful! I bet you are beautiful in them
    Hey girl 55 is only a number...I will turn 50 this year
    We have been there and back- now it's time for the time of our lives! Have a fabulous trip and enjoy your jeans!!
  • WTG with finding jeans you like and that fit you.

Quote: PS, although they're great on the btm and legs - I'm going to have to buy a belt for the waist!!!!! Unheard of!
    Just another awesome opportunity to assessorize!!!
  • WOO HOO! Jeans are one of my FAVOURITES - I love buying new ones!! That is awesome!
  • I want to see pictures too! This sounds like a major milestone to me. I have looked and tried on jean after jean and have not found one that fit. Way to go!
  • That's great! I hope you feel like a million bucks.
  • Good job!
  • Hip hip hooray!!! Good for you. Cannot wait to see the picture. Hmmmmm. Didn't I read once where you say you ae an "apple"? Maybe with the "way to big at waist" experience, not any more!
  • *wolf whistles* I bet you rock those proper jeans, Rosinante