Old 01-05-2011, 09:46 PM   #1  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Default My first exercise day of 2011 and an awesome xmas gift!

Well, I use the kinect to exercise, mostly your shape, but I also play the games to wind down sometimes.

Anyhow, I last took the fitness test it gives you at 277 lbs. I've lost just about 20 lbs since then so I decided to retake it.

When I first took it, it listed me as a 'beginner' on toning and cardio.

This time it listed me as a beginner on toning and trained on cardio!

I have trouble with toning exercising, I'm think since I have chronic pain.

BUT. I've cut gluten out of my diet and I"m FINALLY in less pain! LOTS LESS! So, I'll be going back to exercising 6-7 days a week just like I was when I cut gluten out before! It pretty much had me bedridden for weeks in pain.

I exercised tonight and wow...It's weird to say but I MISSED IT! I just feel so good after.

It's my prozac.

haha

Anyhow, my bf got me the sparkpeople monthly calender for xmas. He's sweet. I wanted it so bad!

If you don't know what it is or are new here, www.sparkpeople.com is a nutrition and fitness site with a calorie tracker and lots of other fun stuff, anyhow, they have a store and they sell some spark stuff. The calender is just boxes, no months or days. so you can start it at any point and fill it in yourself (great idea!)

It lists two goals for you, water, and exercise, and it has a space for you to pick two other goals.

My water goal for now is 64+ oz, and exercise 6 days a week. My other two goals are to stay at 1500 cals and keep the bedroom clean! LOL My new years resolution Be more appreciative of my bf and SHOW IT by doing nice things for him the way he does nice things for me.

Anyhow, the calender also has 'healthy people' type pics and motivational quotes on top. <3

Last edited by lottie63; 01-05-2011 at 09:47 PM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #2  
*~ZUMBA~*

S/C/G: 324/197/150

Height: 5'5"

YAY! Congrats on moving up the stages on the kinect fitness workout!

I bought the kinect this past weekend, but haven't opened yet, as I don't have any games except for the one it came with (can't remember the title).

I've been reading reviews of Kinect games like Zumba, Dance Central, etc.

What type of activities are on the fitness one you exercise to?

I have a sparkpeople account, but don't use it. Your enthusiasm is catching...gonna go check it out
dewdrop1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #3  
unabashed

I love kinect!

I've heard on amazon TONS of bad review of the zumba game, that it doesn't recognize your movements properly.

I have a few games, I'll tell you about em':

Your Shape: This is my fave. It has cardio and toning, and games that I love either to get me started or to cool me off. (Depending on the game.) I LOVE the hula hoop but it's really something you FEEL the next day, as is the boxing game where you break the bricks. (I put 3 lb weights in my hands to do it, you feel it in your back muscles the next day, hardcore.) ha.

There's also stuff like 'zen' which is tai chi and yoga inspired moves that I like for cooling off.

Then there is the nivea work out plan which is actually pretty intense. (Might not want to 'start out' with that one. lol)

We also have:

Dance Central: Super fun and very good movement recognition! The songs are fun. Actually that's a great way to describe it, it's just really FUN.

Kinect Sports: This is great for days when I'm too tired, in pain, or busy to do a full Your Shape workout. I will play the beach volleyball game, or the sprinting/hurdles games. (yes, you run in place and "jump" over hurdles.) Super fun. This game is also great for group play! LOVE IT!

I love sparkpeople, I try and leave, and I regain everytime even if I THINK I'm being conscious of what I eat. I have finally given in, it will most likely be a system I use forever.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #4  
*~ZUMBA~*

S/C/G: 324/197/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks, Lottie!

How long is the your shape workout?
dewdrop1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #5  
unabashed

it's personalized.

When I first started it was only 6 mins. It's longer now (10 maybe?) based on my updated fitness results.

You take a fitness test and it personalizes your 'trainer' work outs for you.

Woooo! Not only that, you can do several and it has different times for each one (based on difficulty I'm guessing) and reps are custom too, etc.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:36 PM   #6  
unabashed

NOTE: My times are low, I have chronic pain.

But, my bf who does not, his times are 15-30 mins depending on the workout.

The games are short, like 1 min for each round. but 1 min of hula hoop is INTENSE. ha.