Hypnosis

• I know, I know. So many will judge me. I bought an app for my iPod touch, its a hypnosis for weight loss. I only tried it once last night, but today has been weird as far as food choices. I don't know if its a result of the hypnosis or just me trying to be healthier. I'm just wondering if anyone has tried this, and results (positive and negative).
    I know that this seems like a desperate act, and really its not. Its more just a curiousity to see if it COULD at least HELP. So yeah, just curious!
  • My cousin went somewhere and had this done.

She said it was pretty awful. they basically tried to hypnotize her that everytime she wanted to eat something 'bad' she would think a family member died or something like that.

strange. scary. also, she's still fat.
  • No judgement here! If it works for you, it works for you. I've never had any negative results from listening to hypnosis audio, or doing meditation. At the very least, it's relaxing. And when it comes to hypnosis, if you think it will work, it generally works a lot better than if you think it won't. For me, at least, it helps me relax and destress, and that makes me more likely to make good choices than if I'm stressed out. I usually just do the weight loss hypnosis or meditation videos that are on YouTube, though, I've never used the app you're talking about.

When it comes down to it, though, anything you do is really all you, not some thing you listened to. But if it helps, it helps, so I don't see any reason why you shouldn't try it.
  • I don't think there's anything wrong with trying new things. Different methods work for different people. I think weightloss hypnosis is really about clearing your mind and training yourself to think a certain way about food. Good luck with it.
  • I listened to the majority of it, mostly it just repeats that "You have chosen to eat healthier foods." It also talks about feeling full, and exercise is good. LOL I'm over simplifying it, but it all positive affirmations. None of that family died stuff LOL.
    It does help relax me. I slept alot better, which is good. They say to listen to it for 3 weeks before deciding if its for you or not. But even if nothing comes of it, I like the destress value of it. Thanks for not judging me!
  • I have tried everything including downloaded Hypnosis audios. I would still be doing them if my MP3 was still working. She is absolutely right:

Quote: No judgement here! If it works for you, it works for you. I've never had any negative results from listening to hypnosis audio, or doing meditation. At the very least, it's relaxing. And when it comes to hypnosis, if you think it will work, it generally works a lot better than if you think it won't. For me, at least, it helps me relax and destress, and that makes me more likely to make good choices than if I'm stressed out. I usually just do the weight loss hypnosis or meditation videos that are on YouTube, though, I've never used the app you're talking about.

When it comes down to it, though, anything you do is really all you, not some thing you listened to. But if it helps, it helps, so I don't see any reason why you shouldn't try it.
    I think it did help me tap into a better mindset to resist. I listen while riding the bus home from work and I stopped turning into the the drive-thru. Yay!
  • sounds neat. whats the name of the app?
  • I actually bought the book "I can make you thin." Part of it has to do with hypnosis and it comes with a CD.

It didn't talk about anything crazy like a family member being dead, but it had methods like visualizing dirt or bugs on the food you're craving. I didn't get a whole lot out of the book, but I do use that visual sometimes if I'm having a tough craving. Ice cream doesn't sound so good anymore if I imagine it covered in roaches. =P
  • The app is called Lose Weight with Andrew Johnson. Costs 3 bucks. He has a scottish accent. But there are a couple of nice things about it, one is that you can customize it. You can have it play the instructions or not, and you can also have it either let you sleep or help wake you up. He also has some others for Deep Sleep and stuff that I might want to try at some point. I will keep trying it! Thanks for all the positive responses.
  • I have that app as well on my iPhone, plus 3 others that Andrew Johnson did. I have another hypnosis app also, but the guy isn't nearly as good. His speech doesn't flow as well and it's distracting when he has an awkwardly long pause or whatever. Andrew Johnson has a good rhythm and is easy to listen to.

I say, do what works!
  • I have a cd that was supposed to be hypnosis for weight loss. I can't say that it helped me lose weight but it did put me to sleep.
  • I say that it can't hurt. I have a few cds that I haven't listened to in awhile and I'm thinking I should. Hypnosis is great for relaxation and affirming the choices you are making to be healthy. I don't think I would use it if it was like a pp mentioned... talking about death though... that sounds extreme...
  • I strongly believe is SELF hypnosis. The mind can do amazing things. There are many people that are well practiced in assisting in hypnosis but a lot of that stuff is actually crap. Researching where you do this is really what it comes down to. It's far fetched to assume that someone else can hypnotize you, it's you that does the work. If you have an open mind then you can will yourself to do whatever you could possibly want... Sadly the only problem is getting to that point. Most anyone has self image issues and with that stress in the way we can't think past what's reflecting in the mirror or showing on the scale. We feel we are doomed and with those thoughts comes failure. Almost like a fairytale. :P If you believe, then it's real and can happen. They say the more positive energy you put towards a goal the faster it materializes and is real. ^_^ I hope this might help.