Well, that was fun.....NOT

• Hello again

Been doing weight watchers since Sept 1. Lost a little over 20 pounds by December. It was a slow-go, but I was fine with that. I was so happy that this was going to be the year that my New Year's resolution would not be to "lose weight" like it had been for the last 10 years. This year, it would be to "continue losing weight". Ah Sweet victory.

Life laughed at my little plan when the holiday parties started. I guess I'm just not a girl with a whole lot of will power 1 holiday party turned to 2. Then Christmas cookies. Well for the past 16 days, I have gone ape-s***. Chinese food, Mexican, french fries, Christmas cookies x like 8 everyday.

Before I knew it, my New Year's resolution would be to pull up by boot straps and get back on this darn horse again. I am recommitting today.

I AM, however, proud that I only fell off for 16 days. In recent attempts, I would have dissapeared for at least 6-8 months, maybe longer. I would have gained it all back and then some before I smartened up enough to get back here. I am not weighing until next week...give the body a chance to stable out before I go freaking out about numbers.

Ahh my friends, it feels good to be back
  • Good for you, Aimster! 16 days is not bad. I've been off since November food-wise, although I've been good on the exercise. I'm waiting for 2 weeks to weigh in. We can do this!
  • awesome job on coming back - so many times those 16 days turns into it being NEXT new year's before you even blink! go good on ya for catching it before it went off the rails too far, that's a big accomplishment
  • Welcome back! Great luck in getting back into it! One day at a time.
  • Hi it's good that you have caught it before it got too far away from ya! We have really come through a hard season as far as staying on plan goes. You have come to a good place to find encouragement and motivation
    Weight Watchers has such a good program. I have a family member on it and she is doing really well on it. I do calorie cycling- the main thing is you are back at it !! Happy New Year
  • Every step forward is a good step! Today is a good day! Good work!
  • Welcome back! And yes it is too easy to let a slip up of a few days turn into months or even years, so good job on getting back to it!
  • In reading threads all over on this site, I have noticed that many of the people that are really succeeding in their weight loss have this is common: they don't expect to be perfect and when they mess up --- for a meal or a month --- they just shake it off and get right back to plan.

Aimster, obviously you have that all-important attitude as well. That's why you are back and ready to hit it again. And that's why you are going to kick those new pounds to the curb in a big hurry.

Welcome back!
  • You sound very excited to take charge again and continue on this healthy path. Great for you for not letting this slide turn into an avalanche.
  • You have done much better then I. I fell off the wagon around Thanksgiving & just got back on the wagon the beginning of this yr.
  • Welcome back. It's a journey and there are lots of hills and valleys. You learned something and you should be proud of yourself for recommitting.