Old 01-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #166  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi again! I was able to run my errands during my break, so NO excuses for not going to the gym (or not getting my errands done tonight)!!!! I'm actually glad I went early...I returned a shirt at Marshall's for hubby and found a Nike dri fit shirt for me. With his return, I only had to pay $5 for it I was looking at some online this weekend and full price they are like $40 and I'm not paying that! (they were 20 at Marshall's).

Beverlyjoy--Sounds like you did well while out of town, great job! The children's art center sounds fantastic!!! Those darn m&m's......

upswife--nice job this weekend! I have been using the daily plate to track calories, it makes things a lot easier. I was totally against counting calories for a long time (still not sure why......), but it does make a big difference.

lottie--Awesome!!! That sounds like a great book. I work in a residential program w/ adults w/ mental illness....borderline pers d/o is hard, but you know that better than anyone.

I just found out that I have Friday afternoon off! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!! I have a few hours I need to use up. I think I am going to treat myself to a little shopping. Saturday afternoon I am getting a mani/pedi and I can't wait for that either.

Almost time for the gym!!!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #167  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm back. But, buried at work. It was a good time in Denver, but lots of off plan food. Oh well! Back on track today.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:15 PM   #168  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

mj5: yup yup. My gma and mom, (from my own experience with the mental health system and being diagnosed borderlien myself.) appear to be. I know if my mom read the book I"m reading she would say "wow this sounds just like my mom!" but she wouldnt' see HERSELF in it at all. It's ridiculous.

I am doing that study I had mentioned, and they gave me paperwork to get blood tests done and it had my dx's on it and it was bipolar I and recovered borderline, which was happy making. haha.

Work was great, we crushed our goals.

I only slept 4 hours though so I feel a nap coming on soon!

lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:22 PM   #169  
Devilish Little Thing

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5ft5

Thanks everyone for the welcome back I can't beleieve I quit posting here. Other than my family, this place is the best motivation.

So my day has gone like this:
B: slimfast 5 pts - I know I could do so much better but I am too lazy to make breakfast and I know I need something
S: orange 0 pts
L: slimfast 5pts
S: apple 0 pts - pear 0 pts - cheese it's 1oz 3pts
D: Asian steak over Japanese buckwheat noodles, veggies, 1eggroll 15pts
S: fiber one bar 4pts

still no exercise, I'm so lazy I'm going to try agai. To do it in the morning

Last edited by willowgirl; 01-24-2011 at 10:24 PM.
willowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:01 AM   #170  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I just wanted to welcome all the new people btw, this is the 25th, the month isn't over and we have 12 pages going and a good many new people. I hope you all stick around past february.

I hope I do too! :P

This is my fave thread on this board, it feels like home and it's nice to see some new faces.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:10 AM   #171  

Height: 5'7"

UPSWIFE- Happy birthday!!
I am going to have one cupcake and I am making my favorite dinner but will limit myself to my small plate of it. I will still exercise and may even increase it today. Today IM 47...want to feel much better by the time Im 50!
My journey started 3 yrs ago.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:27 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

We're having a heat wave... a balmy 29* here and that is a big improvement. Suppose to snow again though... I guess you can't have everything...lol.

I have to agree posting helps one keep on track if only for the reason of gee I hate having to type I screwed it up again...lol.

Beverlyjoy~ I'd have finished off the bag of m&m's myself. I'd have tried to be good but they would have disappeared steadily during the day/evening in groups of 5 or 6 at a time until the bag was empty and I was depressed.

upswife ~ i use fitday to help track calories and it really lets me see how much it is all worth and helps me plan the day out.

lottie~ time flies so quickly anymore, last year is a complete blur for me. I think we are just so busy in everyday mayhem that we don't realize it's slipping by unnoticed. I for one am guilty of wishing my time away for the weekend...lol

lisanovak ~ best of luck on plan. Some days I think counting points must be so much easier (time wise) than counting calories!!

mj5~ sounds like you have a great weekend planned

slashni~ atleast you had fun and try not to worry about being off plan during the course of it, you're back on track now.

willow ~ I hate exercise as well. I know I need it but I make excuses and just can't seem to come to terms with it all.

Yesterday went well, total calories ...1289

rice cake
banana
water

chicken breast meat
whole gr light bread (2 slices)
cheese
light mayo
pretzels
water

triscuits
beef broth
water

chicken breast meat (finished the breast from lunchtime)
whole gr light bread (2-slices_
light mayo
carrot sticks
ranch
water

The last couple days I found I was craving meat and I can't look at a pizza commercial on the television without salivating... pizza is my favorite. So far I have been good and I have my fingers crossed I can maintain that ...lol.

I hope everyone has a GREAT day OP !!! My lunch is packed and I am off to work.
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 259/253/140

Height: 5' 9"

Morning girls! Well, yesterday was my "official" weigh in day with Weight Watchers.....up 2.4.

So.......I need to get back on tracking and get in more exercise. Today....

Banana - 0 points
yogurt - 4 points

salad - 0 points
dressing - 4 points
bacon bits - 3 points
5 wheat crackers - 2 points

mixed fruit - 0 points

chicken soup - 3 points
salad - 0 points
dressing - 4 points

water, water, water, water, water......

jab- yes, counting points is much easier than counting calories. Plus, with points, I don't feel deprived if I want something no so good....if I have points left, I can treat myself and not feel so bad. But that is just me.

Beverlyjoy- M&M's.....yummy!

willow - Me too! But my hubby helps keep me on track with the WII. We have little competitions going on. We do WII Fit and WII resort. Plus he knows when I am not in the mood for any kind of razzing, so that helps too.
lisanovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:39 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chicks - yesterday was a healthful day. YAY!! I stayed in my plan, drank lots of water, planned/measured/logged food, and did my exercises (stretches/strengthening/r. bike/elastic bands) I was able to keep it all low sodum, too.

lisanovak - yes, jump back into measuring and exercising & that weight will come back off.

jab - good food plan! Sometimes when I really want pizza I take a couple of rice cakes with low fat provelone and some turkey pepperoni (sometimes some pizza sauce) and it will get me over the craving without eating half a pie.

dgrammie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY You have made forward progress these past few years. This can be the best year yet!

willowgirl - WELCOME Good plan! If I do exercise early in the morning, then I 'get it over with'

mj - good job planning to get to the gym. LOVE that bargin. And, a day off. All is sounding good.

Lottie - glad to hear work is going so well and you will be part of this study.

upswife - stairs are GREAT exercise! Carry on.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-25-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:46 AM   #175  

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning everyone!!! I did get my exercise in, even tho I had to manhandle my 2 yr old...she did not want to go down for her nap! Finally got her down an hour and a half late. Had just enough time to exercise then get ready for work! Kept track of my calories...came in a little low. Oh well, it all evens out some days I come in a little higher. I don't have verybig goals today, Keep track of calories, Limit to 1 piece of cake/1 cupcake...and possibly do some yoga. My long work weekend and the 2yo waking up last night has taken it's toll. I may just pamper myself and indulgein a nap this afternoon.

Lottie~Great job on the exercise...take you plan one day at a time. That's the only way to reach your goal! I am so envious of your productiveness, even if I managed as much houswork as you did the 2yr and her siblings would come behind and make it all messy again! We have warmed up a little here, not so bone chillingly cold, but still in the 20-30's

Lisa~Good luck with 2 meetings at once...Doesn't it hurt to divide yourself in half??? Sorry to hear you are up, but I love the idea of your competitions with hubby on the WII...DH and I can get a little too competitive!

Mj5~Awsome running errands early so you could exercise after work. I will have to check out the daily plate and see if I like it better than other programs. Shopping and a mani/pedi this weekend...I'm all in!!!

Diane~Nice to meet you!

WillowGirl~I really have to push myself to exercise, But I know from my past that if I only do one very little changes, and then I get depressed and give up. Just add a little more movement to your day. Even a little is better than nothing!!

Dgramie~HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOO!!! We are stillworking on the left over chicken soup, so that will be dinner for today, but I may run out and get a fresh loaf of bread to go with it, and some salad. I wish I could get away with no cake today, but the kids keep bugging me about it. Will use caution to notexceed my calories for the day!

Jab91864~I have used FitDay in the past, but I find it too cumbersome. Too easy to enter incorect serving size and it can really mess me up. Great job with your luch...enjoy your day!

Beverly~Great job on keeping everything low sodium. I have ad ifficult time with that...DH need to keep his sodium down and it can be a struggle to find appropriate items!!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #176  
mj5

Good Morning! I am down 1lb this week. I'll take it!! I did well tracking my food and each day was good, with the exception of Saturday. My workouts were "eh"...I did them, but quite honestly several days I just wasn't pushing myself much. The good news is, I was still exercising...better than not.

Diane--Glad you are back and had fun in Denver! Good luck getting caught up at work. Good for you getting right back on track today.

lottie--that's awesome about the study! Hope you were able to get a nap in yesterday!

willow--a friend suggested that I find an exercise or activity that I enjoy and go with that. I recently found that I LOVE zumba. I would love to do it every day, but the times of the classes and a bad knee (mostly a bad knee) prevent me from that, so I go to two classes a week and three or four days a week I go to the gym. Find something that you can enjoy doing, it might help.

dgramie--Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy your cupcake and dinner!

jab--We aren't far behind you...about 24 here today, almost didn't need to warm up the car this am! LOL!!!

lisanovak--Ok, so a gain isn't great news, BUT you have a great plan. You can do it!

Beverlyjoy--Great job yesterday!

upswife--Happy Birthday! Great job yesterday!!

I have my healthy lunch packed. I brought my gym clothes into my office again, so I'll change before I leave for the gym again. I have a call w/ my Wellness Coach this afternoon. We have leftover soup for dinner (homemade beef and barley w/ lots of veggies YUM!), so that's all taken care of too.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:47 AM   #177  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! Yesterday was ok...I think cals were just under 1500, so considering the birthday cake that was not too bad. Really tired today, I don't know why???

Goals for today: watch calories, level 1 30 day shred, take kids to the dentist!! Also need to figure out a good but quick dinner

Have a great day!!

Last edited by upswife; 01-26-2011 at 07:48 AM. Reason: spelling
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:35 AM   #178  
mj5

Good Morning! Another busy day so I thought I better check in quick now while I had a minute. I had a great chat w/ my wellness coach last night. I have realized (based on my tracking and conversations w/ him) that I am not getting nearly enough protein each day and too many carbs, so I need to be more aware of that. I did some research last night and sent out some "info requests" to my brothers (one is a doctor, one is in the Army and a trainer) a friend who is well on her way in her weight loss journey.

Last night's workout was great! Definitely put my "all" into it. Today is an off day (getting a haircut and a bunch of errands after work). Tomorrow is zumba and I can't wait!!!!

Have a great day!
Old 01-26-2011, 01:25 PM   #179  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. Just continuing to be slammed with work! I had a rough start to the morning... something really ticked me off... but went to the gym and took out my aggressions on the treadmill. Feel better now.

Have a good day everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #180  
Devilish Little Thing

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5ft5

Hello Well, I now know why I dont weight every day.. down 2, up 2, down 1 - yea... I'll just wait until my official weigh in day haha

Did fairly well yesterday:

B: Oatmeal 4 Pts

S: Orange 0 pts
2 cups popcorn 2 pts

L: 3/4 serving of left over Turkish Vegetable Stew w/Couscous (WW Recipe) 8pts

S: oops

D: 1 servind Chicken Saagwala (yummy indian dish with chicken/tomato/spinich) 6pts
3/4 cup brown rice 4 pts
2 miller lites 7 pts

Not too bad. Not much exercise other that walking dog Can't wait til income tax $$ comes in so I can get gym membership
willowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote