Old 12-30-2010, 12:41 PM   #16  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Jessica, that is wonderful news! Congratulations!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:55 PM   #17  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations!!

I started my first pregnancy at 197 and gained 65lbs. I didn't lose any (in fact, I gained 2 lbs) before I got pregnant with my second. I started that one at 264, gained 27 lbs and it was all off by the time he was 6 weeks old.

Both of my boys are healthy and happy and I had completely normal, complication free deliveries. I did have some complications with my first pregnancy that had absolutely nothing to do with my weight. I never developed GD with either one.

Keep on eating healthily and exercising, do what you do when you're not pregnant!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #18  
I CAN DO IT

S/C/G: 300/ see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Jessica View Post
A few months ago The Cute Boyfriend and I decided maybe it was time to try to procreate. Because I'm older (34) and obese, we decided that if it didn't happen then it wasn't meant to be. What we didn't expect is to get pregnant on the first try.

I was surprised and overwhelmed. I thought for sure I would have months to prepare for the idea, lose some weight, and generally get in better shape for pregnancy. But it turns out that life had some other plans for me. I'm due July 1st.

The first trimester has been freaking terrible. Morning sickness (what a misnomer!) was terrible and I was exhausted all the time. I'm currently recovering from pneumonia! But as we move into the second trimester, it's getting better.

My OBGYN and I have discussed weight gain (I'd like to gain as little as possible) and healthy diet. I'd love to hear some stories from women who were overweight/obese and pregnant. I need to hear some support.
Congrats

I was pregant with all 3 of mine and obese never had any health problems with any of them and labor and delivery wasnt any harder on my then it would be a normal weight person actually my 3rd was easier she came out after 6 hours of labor and 2 pushes. With my first I only gained 12 pounds, with my second I gained 7 pounds, and my third I lost 15 pounds most of the time obese woman to not gain more then 20 pounds or they lose its normal. You will do great good luck.
Ky30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:35 PM   #19  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

Congratulations! I conceived and gave birth to both my children while over 300lbs. My first I was the exact same weight the day I had him as I was the day I found out I was pregnant (lost a lot the first trimester, 20+ lbs I was so sick, then gained it back in the next two). with my second i gained ten. i had him last december and am still trying to lose those 10 plus all the rest, ha. good luck to you!

Last edited by ScarlettDrawl; 12-30-2010 at 01:37 PM. Reason: excuse the typos, stupid phone!
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #20  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I have been obese with every pregnancy, and never gained more than I did this last time (about 20 pounds, at my lowest pre pregnancy weight of 211-ish), so it all came off with delivery. I had no blood pressure issues, no gestational diabetes, nothing.

My advice is to stick to an eating plan throughout the process, paying attention to your hunger cues. With all our reserves, there is no need to go hog wild with our eating, I added in an extra 300 or so calories a day that was extra protein (the MOST important food when building a baby human!), and generally kept my calorie count to 2000-2100 through the entire thing.

My highest pregnant weight was 270-something, being obese and pregnant isn't all that different from being an average weigh and pregnant. Healthy habits are as important for both parties at either weight benchmark.

Congratulations on your baby!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:51 PM   #21  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Jessica!

What wonderful news!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:15 AM   #22  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations Jessica!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:29 AM   #23  

Height: 1.67m

Congratulations! It makes me happy to think that your little goddess will grow up learning healthy sustainable food habits as opposed to so many little ones nowadays.
timkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:34 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 304/186.0/150

Height: 5.0

Yay! Congrats to you both!
Jonesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:55 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you.

I gained 13 lbs with my son... I was somewhere in the 230s. I was below pre-pregnancy weight after he born. I think it's important to remember that you're not "eating for 2". I've had many friends gain a lot more that way.

I also had mild gestational diabetes, so while I never had to take insulin, I did have to watch sugar/carbs for the last trimester. It all worked out find.
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #26  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Thanks for all the wonderful well wishes.

During December we moved (to a more family-friendly neighborhood). I lost the farmers' market that was in walking distance and (somehow) MY SCALE! ACK! LOL. I am sure it is a box that I labeled wrong but it makes me laugh nonetheless.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:44 AM   #27  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

JESSICA!!!!!

How totally awesome that the Goddess and the Cute Boyfriend have finally made such a brilliant choice! I'm so insanely excited for you!!!

I've only got 23 days left till my duedate and this pregnancy has been (mostly) absolutely wonderful (aside from all the usual discomforts, but I'll take em...I feel so lucky).
My health has been fantastic, but I did develop GD...it was really scary at first, and I was very angry at myself for a while, but I came to terms with it, realized that skinny Mommies get it to, and carried on.
I've been able to gain really good control of my sugars using diet and insulin.
I have a feeling you won't have the same problem though, because you are a MUCH fitter woman than I am!

Anyway, I have LOST 15 pounds over the nearly 37 weeks of this pregnancy.
My midwife, family doctor, and OB are all perfectly OK with that, and the baby is growing perfectly. She may be on the bigger size, but Talia was 8-10, so it's no surprise. Liam was my teeny one at 6-13.

I have adored this pregnancy, and cannot wait for this little girl to get here.

I'm sorry you've had a tough first tri!! Much smoother sailing from here!
You are seriously going to be one of the best Mommies of ALL TIME, and I'm so *over the top* excited for you guys!!!

I still check in here, obviously, please feel free to pm me about anything at ALL!
You've totally got this Mama! You have done SO many impossible sounding things...this will be CAKE!
LOVE you, Woman!!!
xoxoxoxo

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #28  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Bump!

famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #29  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Awww, Linda! Thank you! I'm going to PM you.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:00 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Congratulations! Wishing you the best in your pregnancy. So, exciting!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote