Old 12-14-2010, 01:15 PM   #1  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Sleeping and feeling heavy

I thought this would go away as I lost weight, but it hasn't. When I sleep, I get really heavy. I wake up with achey bones and muscles like an elephant has slept on me all night. I used to attribute it to my weight. I did notice it got better as I was losing quickly, but now that my weight has settled, the feeling is back. I woke up with such sore shoulders this morning and a heavy feeling chest.

Someone please take back your pet elephant. He is not welcome in my bed!

Anyone else?
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Mattress too hard, too soft, too old?

Do you have cats?
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:44 PM   #3  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

i have ALWAYS been like this.......last time when i got down to the 160's i told my doctor straight up i had a bone to pick with him. i said, "you promised me if i lost weight, i would feel great!" WRONG! my shoulders and hips ached in bed, and yes i too felt like i had an elephant was crushing me, would wake up in tears.

so now today back at 300lbs as an absolute fluke i ended up with a new mattress i didnt order. i had ordered a nice simmons beautyrest from roomful express, i payed cash, waited 3 weeks and still NO MATTRESS....then my mom sees in the newspaper they are going out of business! i called them and they told me they were bankrupt, i wasnt getting my mattress, and if wanted my money back, stand in line! omg i was pi$$ed! i cussed A LOT and the store manager hung up on me lmao.....so my hubby and i drove to the store. they ended up upgrading me to a better mattress they had in stock and in the store (i was one of the lucky ones, local news is reporting people taken for hundreds of dollars). i was hesitant to get this mattress, but i knew i had to do it, or be out 1500 bucks. THANK GOD this happened the way it did.

i cannot say enough about this mattress, it literally makes you feel weightless once you relax on it. my nighttime body aches are gone! i cant even believe it!..i sleep the whole night through without an ache or pain.i love this mattress and would never have even considered it b4 the mishap. i am finally sleeping well and PAIN FREE SLEEP IS AMAZING! here is a link to the mattress http://www.sealy.com/Mattress-Brands...mory-Foam.aspx

i hope you find a solution, i know how miserable it really is ..... we joke about it, but i think it's the whole, laugh or you'll cry scenario.....
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #4  
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

Ibuprofren for Inflammation! Works for me!
twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

Does this happen all the time, even if you are in a different bed? I think my new mattress has made all the difference.
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #6  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
I woke up with such sore shoulders this morning and a heavy feeling chest.
I'm not living in that body of yours, but to me, this sounds like the result of stress. If it were me, those are exactly the body parts that would be affected. Not my back, but up higher, in the shoulders, neck & chest, which is where I tend to carry any tension.

Have things gotten more stressful lately?
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:34 PM   #7  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

That's SO weird, I thought I was the only one! Everyone always says how amazing they feel after weight loss -- don't get me wrong, I do feel great, lots of stamina, etc, but at 320 lbs. I NEVER HAD AN ACHE OR PAIN, NO LIE! I'd wake up and bounce outta bed, no problems whatsoever. I think the genetic lottery just caught up to me -- i'm 44 and now that I'm a reasonable weight (about 166), I wake up and some mornings my back/hips are so bad, I feel sick for a moment or two! I have a new firmer bed, same with a softer bed, tried with a memory foam topper, and without. After some stretching and moving around I'm fine and it doesn't hurt much during the day - but so WEIRD!!! I guess another instance of weight-loss NOT curing and solving every single problem in life
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Funny. I used to wake up feeling like that when I was heavy, and now, not so much. But I definitely am much less sore when I have a soft pillow top mattress-- I'm a side sleeper and my shoulders ache if the mattress is too firm. Beyond that, I'm just not a morning person.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote