3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Thanksgiving Day Plans (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/21934-thanksgiving-day-plans.html)

Charbar 11-13-2002 02:03 PM

Thanksgiving Day Plans

For all you Americans - what are your plans for thanksgiving day? are you going to be with family, are you working, or just staying home?

I've heard the key to weight loss is planning. Are you going to try to stay OP? or say - what the heck, it's only one day.

I will probably be going to my mother in laws - I won't be staying OP - but I will try to keep the hog fest to a minium :)

muelledk 11-13-2002 02:37 PM

This will be my first Thanksgiving with family in three years, and it is usually a HUGE shin-dig, as well as a birthday celebration for me (that way I don't go overboard twice in one week). So, I am having brunch at my brother in law's with my DH's family, and a late lunch at my aunts with my family. I will not be OP this day. I am going to completely gorge myself (especially with two big meals, although I don't see myself eating much at the first one).

snowball1 11-13-2002 03:10 PM

I'll have Thanksgiving at my parents house, as usual.

I'm probably not going to be OP completely, but I do have plans to limit my food intake. For instance, my mom makes REALLY fattening, yummy green bean casserole (all the stuff she puts in it negates any healthiness from the green beans!!), so I will skip that & just have regular green beans. Plus, I'm going to skip the bread at dinner so I can have a slice of pie for dessert. I'm planning to eat & enjoy the day, but I am not planning on going all out.

Oh, I am also planning to get in all my water & exercise.

Jenniffer 11-13-2002 03:55 PM

Hmmm. I am not sure where I will be yet. Invited a few places. But I may just end up home and invite some friends over.

Thanksgiving is one of my favs. Between the food and drinks..no, I will not be OP.

Jennelle 11-13-2002 11:02 PM

We will be in Kansas City with BIL and SIL. Usually, their Thanksgivings are an informal buffet affair with LOTS of food. Truthfully, though....my SIL is not that great of a cook. :o She doesn't really season stuff well, and her fried food is soggy with fat. (bleah) I won't be OP, but I won't be pigging out much, either.

anagram 11-14-2002 12:10 AM

We'll be at our daughter's. She and daughter in law will cook but I'm willing to help. They don't cook a lot usually but there will be lots of food and, more importantly, the people I love most.

No, I won't be on plan but I don't see me eating myself sick either. Actually, today we did some holiday baking (some nut rolls that I have made for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter for years). They're safely in the freezer now. I'm proud and excited to say that I wasn't tempted to eat any even when the house smelled so good. (OK, I did have four pieces of walnut.)

SuchAPrettyFace 11-14-2002 11:53 AM

I think I'll be @ my mother's, and I think it'll be OP. We're all trying to eat healthier, so as long as I stick to half my plate filled w/veggies, the other half split between white meat turkey & stuffing I'll be ok. Then a small sliver of pumpkin pie w/FF Cool Whip.

For me, having it planned out in my head before the actual confrontation w/the food is a big part of it.

Goddess Jessica 11-14-2002 01:12 PM

I think we're doing the Totally Thai Thanksgiving.

So, it's Duck - the ultimate poultry. I doubt I'll stay on plan but I am bringing some healthy stuff to the table. Any ideas on a fusion dessert that's Thai? Pumpkin Coconut Rice maybe?

KimPet 11-14-2002 09:41 PM

I think we will be driving in the early PM to Oklahoma for lunch with my husband's Aunt and her kids...and then late PM back to Texas for another buffet style dinner with DH's Mema and all his aunts and uncles and cousins..

I think it will be all OP and I'll try to fill up on mostly veggies but will splurge on pumpkin pie

:df:
Kim