Rewards

• Do any of you give yourself rewards when you reach a particular goal? I have thought about doing rewards for myself for things like; getting daily exercise, for the things I have given up ( i.e. gave up coke and will buy some beautiful glasses for water), and for each 10 lb loss reached. If you do rewards, what kind of things do you do?

~Coleen~
  • I kind of do rewards.
    For me, I love to wear nice bra's and pantys, but could spend buko bucks on them. So, I get excited when I start noticing clothes are getting too big because then its time for some new undergarments!
    I think that it gives me something to look forward to and helps to push me along the way. I am just now getting ready to order some more, the 38D's are now 38C's (I'm loosing the weight in the wrong places )
  • I need to work on rewarding myself more. I think it is important, but I rarely want to spend the money on myself. But when I make it to 100 lbs. lost (only 16 more to go!), I am getting a hour-long massage!!! I can't wait!

• Rewards are very important.

Mostly reward myself with clothes.

Massage? Ahhhhh.

[/COLOR]
  • I don't reward myself enough because I don't really know what to do. I'm blessed to be at a point where if I want something reasonable, like cheap jewelry or a CD, I can just go buy it. The small things just don't seem like rewards to me. Besides, we are worth it no matter what we eat or what we weigh!
  • I think I need rewards more to re-motivate myself than as a "prize" for reaching a certain number (on the scale or off the rack). Reaching that number will be reward enough for me.

As an example, tonight I'm going to a salon to get my hair cut. My friend has cut my hair for the last 4 years or so, ever since my stylist up & quit!!!! But now I feel like I need a new perspective, etc. I know this will make me feel better, and re-motivate me.
  • Kayla, if you don't have the money to spend, or you have other practical spending/saving philosophies, I don't blame you at all for not wanting to spend it ... but if you don't want to spend money on yourself because you think you don't deserve it, change that attitude, hon! You DO deserve it! Boy, you have worked HARD and it's really showing. (If I were you and could afford it, I would get a massage at 100# and then for each 10# thereafter! Hee hee! - and hey, sometimes you can get a deal if you pay for several massages at once!)

I think rewards can be a great idea, but they do take some self-discipline! My favorites, if I had the money: massage, manicure/pedicure, hair style, clothes. I'd love to reward myself with a trip!

Pen
    265/217/150ish
  • The best reward - get my hair down at an aveda salon with all the extras! Get hubby to take a picture and post it here.

Man, I got to get my boddy moving! I want to go back there
  • In the past when I have lost weight I did rewards. This time not really. Of course buying new clothes because you HAVE too is a reward in itself!
    laura