Old 11-05-2010, 09:46 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Not enough water, not enough eating and when I did eat it was too late to be eating. The result, I'm up somewhere between 0.5 and 1 lb - I bounced between the numbers on the scale this morning, so I'm taking the higher weight. My fault, I know. Have to do better. Worst possible day to do it on. Today is a major festival in my culture, it's Diwali, which is considered the most important festival in Hinduism. Essentially, it means lots of eats and in true Indian fashion, lots of sweets. Oy! Hubs and I are going to do prayers with his parents in the evening and then off to my parents for prayers and celebrations (including dinner) with them. So at least, I know dinner will be something good and knowing my mom she'll modify for me in some way. Portions and water will be my motto for the day! Fingers crossed.
Kukkie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:50 AM   #152  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

You can do it, Kukkie!!! : Enjoy your celebrations!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:03 AM   #153  

thank glory it's friday.

that's all i can say.

no change from yesterday. yay.
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #154  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday everyone!!

Down another .6 to 188.8! Bout to head out for a run, then go volunteer at an after school program with my company. Should be a nice start to the weekend!

Ona: Inching down is wayy better than spiraling upwards! Great job!

Diana: Your body just wants to hold onto that awesome meal you had the other night It's not ready to forget it! No worries, once it's all flushed out you'll be down!

Star: LOL too funny about the cookie!! Yay for another broccoli man!

Vixsin: We have the same weekend goal! My goal is to not cheat at all, and consistently lose! *fingers crossed*

Mama: Glad you made it safely! I'll be in Atlanta today so I'll send good vibes towards the airport to get your bag moooovin! Congrats on the free clothes though!!

kukkie: Sounds like fun!! Enjoy!

Aimee: Great job cooking dinner! I cooked last night too (I rarely do it) and it was good! Cooking again tonight I think!
akelly728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:29 AM   #155  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Swim girl- for some reason during tom I dont really gain. Um I hope you maintain dont let it get you down Im sure you can work your plan

Lnoelparis-CONGRATS ON YOUR HALF WAY MARK!!!!! AWESOME NEWS I cant wait to reach the 50lb mark its getting harder for me to shed lbs but im not giving up.

Mamap - that really was bad customer service Im sorry you had to go through that

Angie- woo hoo disney sounds cool. Hope you make your dec goal. I plan to visit disney next year with my two children.

Diana- hang in there you are doing a superb job!!

Coon- every ounce counts and you are one step closer!

Ona- Im rooting for you the 100lb mark is calling your name!!!

Today I wi at 226.4 down from 227.0 yesterday so Im happy about that.
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #156  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

Kelly - AWESOME on the .6! Keep rockin it out

Star - You showed that cookie who's boss, way to go!

SHyla - No change can be a blessing in disguise, I'd have liked no change when I was sick - Stay healthy lady!

Kukkie - Your mom sounds like an absolute sweetheart! I'd love it if my family made considerations for me with family dinners . . . i seem to be the odd man out and have to fend for myself still. Enjoy your celebration!

Matilda - You're aboslutely right, every little bit helps and as long as I keep that in mind, a move down is stilla move down, I think we all just need a little reminder every now and again Congrats on your move down as well!

Last edited by Coondocks; 11-05-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #157  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Kukkie & Vixin - Hang in there girls!!!!!

Akelly- wow you are doing such a great job! I am also with you guys with no cheating on weekends. I bet Ill make my nov goal if i stay op all weekend!!!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #158  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

stayed the same - 184.4 .
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:25 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

on my way out the door:
263.5 - down 0.5 lbs from yesterday

I am SO tired to see the 260s, but I've got myself to blame, so...I'll just hang in there.
cincimini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #160  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Nov 1 - 180.8
2 - 180.8
3 - 181.2
4 - 181.6 (still from Tues. night out)
5 - 181.2

Thanks Vixsin and Onami for the encouragement. I fell off plan and fell hard. It was just one bad meal with desert, including chocolate with it's poisonous (for me) caffeine (Tuesday was the only day calories were over 850) but it clobbered my forward momentum. My goal for next week is to get back down below where I was last week and regain my forward motion. That will largely require MOTION.

I have to get back rolling on my treadmill. I think I've figured out that a big part of my pitty party is feeling wimpy from having missed my vitamins. I just took todays. Perhaps if I'm more careful with that I'll keep my head in the game better. I need those B vitamins for energy! Keeping the energy levels high keeps the mood high; and that helps keep me motivated.

Last night I was in danger of giving up. I did have a snack, but kept total calories to 838 for the day. This morning I had to dig through my closet to find some pants that weren't about falling off. That was a HUGE help in getting back on track.

Coondocks - We can do this, and together, WE WILL !!
StarGetsFit - You are amazing!
ShylahEQ - Glad you're feeling better. We'll both get moving the scale down again.
Vixsin - I love your upbeat attitude!
MamaP - Enjoy those grandbabies!
Kukkie84 & Matilda08 - Great job!
Hope you're feeling better Eclipse.
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:23 PM   #161  

Coon Thanks, she really is my rock and my number one supporter when it comes to my weight loss. A few years ago when I did LA Weight Loss, I was still in school, so had a crazy schedule in addition to working a lot, but my mom said to me, if this is what you want to do, then we'll make it happen. All she asked of me was to create my weekly eating schedule and she'd measure out all my portions and cook them the way I needed it done, so that I'd still be eating properly and losing weight despite my brutal schedule. I loved her for it then and I love her even more for it now that I'm not living at home anymore. She really made it so easy for me so that I wouldn't have any excuses.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I can't wait to finish work so I can have some fun this evening.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:26 PM   #162  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

So I called the airport to see if my suitcase was in and they said sorry, check back in two hours and maybe it will be on the next flight from Atlanta. I called the 800 number to see if they could mark my bag as a priority and she checked the computer system and said my bag was sitting in claims in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Had I not called the 800 number it would have just sat there until someone figured it out and sent it on. I tracked down the number for the Chattanooga airport (Delta here and the customer service people wouldn't give it to me). I called and got an actual person who went into that office and said "yep, I have my hands on your suitcase." I said "it needs to be on the next flight to Atlanta and then on to NC." He said he was going to put a priority tag and an expedited tag on it and would take it personally to be loaded on the plane. Soooo.....hopefully we will have my suitcase around 6:00 pm (and making the 40 minute drive to the airport to pick it up).

Once again thanks to everyone for the support. I'm loving the babies and getting ready to go get our pictures taken together. I will post ball pictures as soon as possible.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:53 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

*BIG TMI* You've been warned!!

Guys! I think I may have figured out why I have gained the last two days, even though I've been eating on plan, drinking my water, and exercising! And why I was grumpy with my daughter today! Why my hair has been disgustingly oily, and why I want to shove Snickers and pretzels in my mouth, two fisted....

I may be starting my period!

Seriously - you don't know how awesome this is. I have PCOS, and haven't had a period since April - and have only had ONE period since I had my daughter in July 2009. I was prescribed Provera at the beginning of October to kickstart my period, but I didn't want to take it yet, because I knew if I continued losing weight I might start on my own, and I didn't want the bad hormone swing. But I just started spotting! Eeeeeeek! I'm probably the only person here who would be this ecstatic about starting her period!
fitkristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:06 PM   #164  

Mama oy vay to all the drama, Fingers crossed that you get the bags tonight, glad you're having fun the little ones! I can't remember, are you just there for the weekend and the ball, or are you making it a more extended vacay?

Kristi You're excitement over your period made me laugh, but I totally get where you're coming from. Your body is finally catching up with you and getting regular on its own. Yay for healthy trends!

Last edited by Kukkie84; 11-05-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 140/122/tight and toned!

5:135.4
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
29:
30:

I live about 3.5 miles from work and I've been walking to and from everyday. I need exercise to be kind of mindless otherwise I can't make myself do it consistently. Thing is - I also got my period 2 days ago and I've been so exhausted. The scale is 5 pounds up from where is usually is and I'm feeling all sorts of distress. Weight loss is so slow that it seems the effort to lose is so overwhelming and futile. Is it really worth it? Can the weight really come off through walking 7 miles 5x a day and eating about 1400 calories a day?

I hate to think all of the restriction + slipping up from time to time = staying right where I am now.

Sorry, I'm just sad to be at the bottom of the mountain. I've always been a healthful eater but exercise -never-.

Right now I just feel overwhelming knowing I'll probably have to change everything and force myself into a different way of life rather than naturally losing weight with ease (although slow) and having fun.
ohmanilovegod is offline   Reply With Quote