3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Sugar Burns... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/216165-sugar-burns.html)

gmailjunkie 10-30-2010 10:57 PM

Sugar Burns...

...and whole milk tastes like liquid cheese

I have recently been grappling with a myriad of health issues that have inspired me to really re-evaluate how nutritious my food is and as a result have really been paying attention to how I feel when eating food to decide if I need to go on a anti-inflammatory diet (I'm insulin resistant and have HS so yeah-duh I do- but it took me awhile to come to that conclusion).

And I discovered while eating a cereal bar (glorified cookie) and glass of milk that I didnt like them anymore because after paying attention I realized that I actually experienced a burning sensation in my mouth when I'm having the cookie and that the milk (perfectly fresh milk) tasted too curdy to me when I am used to skim milk or almond milk now (unfortunately I haven't managed to discover a new found disgust to whipped or heavy cream but you know...)

I notice alot of people on the board talk about foods that are non-negotiable because they cant eat them in moderation but has anyone discovered that were formerly trigger foods are now kind of gross?

Trazey34 10-30-2010 11:19 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of what you get used to -- 2% milk to me now tastes like butter LOL and i never thought i'd like 1% but i love it! Never did get a liking for soy milk (let's be honest, it's not milk! it's squeezed soy JUICE at best ROFL)

and you're so right about the granola bars - wow, absolutely glorified cookies! they taste like a giant chocolate bar to me now.

As for your question, I went a different way. I thought there would be no way I could control what food is around me 24/7 for the rest of my life, no way i can get the universe to cooperate with that, so i decided to get a grip on the one thing I CAN control, and that's ME and what i choose to do -- i don't want to make it sound like it was an overnight trip LOL it was a good 18 months of therapy to get here but absolutely worth it. I have bags and bags of hallowe'en candy i haven't even thought of nibbling on; boxes of cereal, cartons of ice cream, and we can all co-habitate. i choose not to eat them, and they no longer have the siren-song of allure they used to.

heh soy juice, that's a good one ;)

Creeech 10-31-2010 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trazey34 (Post 3545532)
heh soy juice, that's a good one ;)

:D:D:D

toobig 10-31-2010 08:25 AM

I can remember when I first started someone saying that they could no longer eat french fries because they tasted like grease sticks. And I remember thinking wouldn't it be nice to be at that point? I'm there. A couple of weeks ago I had a french fry and it was really gross! I guess it is all a matter of what you get use to.

odonnela 10-31-2010 08:38 AM

Cheetos - I used to eat tons of them.
Had a weak moment a couple weeks and got some.
Oh I ate them - cuz I'm not a quitter lol....but I wondered
what I ever liked about them. They didn't really taste like
cheese and how is it possible to get that much grease into
something puffy.

Eliana 10-31-2010 08:51 AM

Hey! Don't knock my soy milk. :rofl: Vanilla...mmmmm. Now, my brother thinks it tastes like kaopectate. LOL!

My trigger foods taste just as good to me now as they ever did, maybe even better. :rofl: Chocolate is richer. Almonds have become a trigger food, even unsalted ones! Bread has become a trigger food, really good bread, not the sliced sawdust variety.

I have found however that I no longer care for anything at Chick Filet, or McDonald's french fries. I haven't tried any from anywhere else in a year's time. I no longer like chicken nuggets. Ham is way, way too salty and I recently discovered I actually prefer low sodium deli turkey. I do not like salty meat. I do not like salt on my vegetables.

Oh, and speaking of vegetables, I have developed quite a taste for them! If it can be roasted, I believe it love it. :D