Old 10-30-2010, 07:33 PM   #31  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalfelicity View Post
well- i think it just depends on the person. for me personally, i have a perfectionist personality- which you would think is a good thing but it's not- i am more likely to throw in the towel entirely if things aren't "perfect"- so a bad weigh day can turn me into a tailspin.

also, i do better when i'm not focused on the food SO much- like, i log it, i plan for it, but i don't let it rule my life...otherwise, it becomes overwhelming and i give up entirely. so far, it's working really well for me and i am losing weight healthfully and for good...and having a full, active life that's not all about food and losing weight. i guess i feel more healthy about my weight loss if i'm not weighing every day (which for me can turn into obsession)...
This is me as well :/
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:42 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

I weigh every morning. Naked, after shower and bathroom break, before breakfast. It's become a part of my morning routine like brushing my teeth.
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:42 PM   #33  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I absolutely understand ones preference to not weigh daily. That is a personal choice.

What I didn't understand and therefore questioned was not wanting to focus, your words, "too much" on what you're eating. I was not at all questioning your decision to not weigh daily, as that has apparently worked beautifully for you!

Quote:
i log it, i plan for it, but i don't let it rule my life.
This is what I do. I guess it's all semantics because it sounds to me as if you are focused on what you're consuming, but certainly not in a negative way, but in a very, very positive way.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:09 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 214/148.6/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
I absolutely understand ones preference to not weigh daily. That is a personal choice.

What I didn't understand and therefore questioned was not wanting to focus, your words, "too much" on what you're eating. I was not at all questioning your decision to not weigh daily, as that has apparently worked beautifully for you!

This is what I do. I guess it's all semantics because it sounds to me as if you are focused on what you're consuming, but certainly not in a negative way, but in a very, very positive way.
yes, i guess i worded it wrong- i should have said, "i don't want to focus too much on what i'm weighing" - because you're right, i am focusing on what i am eating...but just not letting the number on the scale rule me...

i wish i could weigh every day and not let it get to me.
socalfelicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:38 PM   #35  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'6

usually every morning, or when i feel empty. i sometimes weigh myself later in the day because i find it insane how you can gain like 2 lbs in food/water. it makes me nervous lol
skylinedrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:42 AM   #36  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Twice a day, in the morning after waking up (after hitting the loo) and at night right before bed. I weigh at night as a prediction of what the morning weight might be. I usually drop 3 or 4 pounds overnight.

I do strongly believe now that weighing more is much better *if* you can learn to accept the random fluctuations that have nothing to do with actually fat loss.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:58 AM   #37  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalfelicity View Post
yes, i guess i worded it wrong- i should have said, "i don't want to focus too much on what i'm weighing" - because you're right, i am focusing on what i am eating...but just not letting the number on the scale rule me...

i wish i could weigh every day and not let it get to me.
Okay, good. This makes a lot more sense to me. Thanks for clearing it up.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:13 AM   #38  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Once a day in the morning after I pee. Sometimes I weigh myself right before and after an evening workout. I'm not thrown off/totally discouraged by fluctuations so I don't mind weighing daily.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:36 AM   #39  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Daily. It keeps me sane, even if I see a rise in weight, I have been able to chart my weight over the last 6 months to see that I do have rises, and falls. I have also tracked the number of rises and falls each month, and accept this as part of my bodies reaction to the weightloss. I also subscribe to a daily weigh in thread which helps me to understand others have the same fluctuations. I have succeeded and failed twice before. I don't want to do this again, and am sure when I hit goal, I will need to continue the daily weigh in to keep on track. Also, imho, it does take some sort of obsessive behaviour to lose over 100lbs ! Good luck in whatever you do

Last edited by starbrite; 10-31-2010 at 06:37 AM.
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:19 AM   #40  

3 times a day, as soon as i get up, when i come home from school, and after i take a shower, but i count the one that i take after school cause im lighter then lol but i thought you weighed less in the mornings but i weigh 2 pounds less in the afternoon than i do in the mornings
ghostgirl811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:27 AM   #41  
Feeling like a Fool at 52

S/C/G: 173/ticker/133

Height: 5'1"

If I'm doing well, I weigh myself every day. Once the number doesn't change, I put a few days between weigh-ins. Those few days seem to let me relax (as in become a little less obsessive), which is a good thing.
Purpleegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:32 AM   #42  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

weekly
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:53 AM   #43  
TEAM CUPID & BL BLUE TEAM

S/C/G: 306/see ticker/153

Height: 5'3

I always weigh in daily in the mornings. Occasionally I will weigh in the evenings, but not often, anymore. It was just getting to be too much for me. I am, starting tomorrow, going to be writing my weight down daily in a chart, along with my food log, exercise log, and any other things about my day. I'm hoping to really get a handle on my body and learn what makes it tick. (Before I've had all this info in several different places, and was hard to really look and see all at once what was going on. KWIM?).
JackieHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:27 PM   #44  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

I weigh monthly, because it just feels good for me to focus almost solely on getting myself moving more and eating really, really well. The scale has been cooperating so far, and I love seeing a pretty substantial loss every time I get on the scale. I do it a day or 2 after TOM is over, so I do try to go with when it will be a good time. I did have one month where the loss was only 7, must have been a bad day to weigh. But it was still 7 lbs, and I didn't mind, because the next month it was 14!

I love weighing monthly and will continue to do so until I get a bit closer to goal. But ONLY on the condition that I am faithfully working my plan at all times, and that once the losses start to drop off, I will do it more if I need to start tweaking things.

So far it is working well for me, and it's quite liberating to see the changes on my actual body before checking in to see what the scale has to say about it.
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:53 PM   #45  
wow so cool

S/C/G: 222/170/140

Height: 5'4

I've been doing the daily weigh in, but I'm not sure if I want to keep with that, or switch to weekly. Daily would help me keep track of my patterns a lot easier, but weekly probably won't disappoint like daily eventually will.
doppio is offline   Reply With Quote