This week I have been on my program for one year. This is a HUGE milestone for me because I have never stuck with a weight loss/health regime for more than a few months. The numbers are impressive ( 71 pounds down from highest weight; 51 down from when I officially re-started ) but it is the TIME that is the big deal. If I keep spending time following my program the numbers will follow.
Things that have changed for me:
- I don't huff and puff up stairs. I bound up them.
- My boobs no longer rest on the table at a restaurant with booths.
- I wore a bathing suit in public.
- I discovered an hourglass shape starting to appear.
- I have no idea how to shop for my new shape but I am having fun learning.
- May face shape has gone from round to square. *Just like clothes shopping, I have some (fun!) hair learning to do.
- I exercise regularly and like it even on those days when I don't want to go I'm glad I went afterwards.
- I walk between parked cars in parking lots without turning sideways or fear of not fitting through.
- Shoe lace tying is no big deal. *Due to increased flexibility from exercise and less bulk on my body I lift my leg and foot up to waist level to tie while balancing on the other leg. *I can also bend down to do it as well.
- I participate in all kinds of activities now because I'm not too tired or winded to do so. *
I could go on and I know I'm forgetting some things, but I think it is clear that life us much different for me today than a year ago. *All those posters that said , "start today! *A year from now you will be glad you did," were right on the money. *
Thank you all for your continued support as I work my way from playing the role of the token fat chick to playing the role of supporting actress to playing the role of leading lady.
I would love to post pictures but don't know how. *