3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Restarting! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/216001-restarting.html)

socalfelicity 10-28-2010 02:07 PM

Restarting!

Hi,

I am new here to 3 fat chicks. I am now at 160 pounds after topping out at 234 in June 2009. I have lost using a combo of Weight Watchers online (i did that the first few months), and now calorie counting (i shoot for 1200 calories/day, but range from 1200-1800 calories/day).

For the past few months, i have stayed the same exact weight (which i know is not a bad thing!)- i have really fallen off with my calorie counting and am consuming about 2000-2500 calories/day right now-

but i am now ready to go to the next level and lose those last 30 pounds! i feel so close, but for some reason, these last few pounds are proving to be the hardest! i think it's partially because i am getting comfortable where i am and so the food is luring me more than it did back when i had real motivation!

i found 3fc last night after looking online for support (i haven't had any support up to this time). i hope that i can be a member here and find some support b/c sometimes i feel very alone on this journey.

thanks so much and thanks for being here. looking forward to getting to know you all better!!! :)

Eliana 10-28-2010 02:12 PM

We're in a similar spot! My loss has come to a near stop. So far this month, and it's over in a few days, I have lost a whopping 2/10 of a pound! That's it!

You are lucky to be able to maintain with so many calories! I maintain at about 1200. These last few pounds are proving really tricky for me too and I wasn't expecting 25 pounds to be the last "few". I thought the last "few" would be 10 pounds.

DixC Chix 10-28-2010 03:17 PM

You have made great progress. You can do whatever you put your mind to.

But I have to ask - is 160 what your body wants to settle at? Are you sure you need to lose more? Just asking!

I too was recently stalled and lo and behold...I needed to go back to measuring and logging all the food I ate. I must be honest with myself - I wasn't recording all I was eating and starting keeping track in my head. Ha! Ha! I was just kidding myself. I am back to doing WW online on an hourly basis if that's what I need. The act of recording is enough to delay further indulgences so that I can be mindful of what I am eating.

Best wishes and hope to see more of you 'round these parts. Support is what we need to get stronger.

TXMary2 10-28-2010 03:26 PM

Welcome! I know you can do it!

cherrypie 10-28-2010 03:28 PM

great job getting that far your own. And welcome

socalfelicity 10-28-2010 07:39 PM

thank you guys for the kind words of support!!! :D

dixc chix- i was about 120-125 pounds for many years before my weight shot up to 180 and then eventually to the 230s, and that 120-125 was a good comfortable weight for me. i figure now that 130 would be really good for me, as well- i definitely don't feel i am at my best at my current 160- my frame is very small and i definitely know that i still have a lot to shave off!!

today i am doing okay- i have had 1500 calories today- wish it were 1200 and the end of the day! but it is what it is...

one thing i really struggle with is soda (i drink regular coke)- i can't stand the taste of diet, and i really need that pick me up of coke. but righ tnow i am drinking 3 cokes/day (140 calories EACH)- so i know if i cut that out, that would help tremendously.

thanks for listening!!!