S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

love this post! awesome!
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:44 AM   #32  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks again, so much, to everyone who has posted their congrats. I thought I'd get on here and post a few other of my NSVs. Maybe someone starting off where I was will see how you don't have to even be anywhere close to goal before it really starts paying off!

1) When I started, my lower legs looked like someone else's. They were so swollen! That is essentially gone, when I look down now, I see my own feet and legs. My toes are, dare I say, looking cute! It's still a chore to polish them, but I can do it -- and I bother now!

2) My knees are not killing me anymore! Oh, they hurt from time to time, but no more constant misery.

3) I walk in to my work from the parking garage with ease, and before I would be thinking to myself the whole way in, I can't even comfortably walk in there, how am I going to do a 12 hour shift??

4) Getting off the family room couch used to be a real effort. It's kinda low. I noticed the other day that I got up from the couch without any real effort. It scares me to think that getting off the couch used to be something I had to mentally prepare myself for. No wonder I would stay put once I got there!

5) I have discovered that eating and cooking healthful, satisfying meals, is very gratifying and enjoyable to me. I have found out that "dieting" does not have to mean being hungry and deprived all the time. I did not have to give up my love of food -- I love food now as much if not more than before! I love buying it, cooking it, serving it to my family, and eating it - with no remorse.

6) I found out I can walk a mile in the mornings with one of my dogs, and another 1/2 mile with the other one in the afternoons -- and really enjoy it! Like enjoy it to the point if I miss it, I'm disappointed. Exercise does not have to = torture. It can feel like "going out to play", as I saw another poster call it.

7) My work pants (scrubs) are really getting too embarrassingly loose, I must buy the next size down soon. Tops that long ago went to the back of the closet for being too tight are fitting now!

8) I actually WANT to be 'intimate' with my husband now.

Putting some of these down in black and white really solidifies for me why I am doing this, and how WORTH IT it is!!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:18 AM   #33  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

YAY on the NSV's. Amazing isn't it. How things change.....makes me want to keep going to see what new exciting things I have been missing!
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 184/150/130

Height: 5'2

Great NSV, it's always the little things that come with losing weight that keep us going, you're doing GREAT ! Good Luck!
totsandfries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #35  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Shannon, that is so awesome that you are going through so many positive changes. I'm so happy for you!!

I'm also noticing little things lately, like noticing slimmer legs, and not coughing as much as I used to. It is hard to believe that even small weight loss makes a big difference.
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #36  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

This is the LEAST sad thing Ive read all day

That is in fact totally and amazingly awesome!
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

This is the most awesome news I have heard all day—probably all week. Congrats! The fact that you took the time to fully appreciate that moment, and all your other accomplishments, makes me realize I need to do more appreciating of my own.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote