Old 10-27-2010, 07:19 AM   #1  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Default A week without working out

Ugh, yesterday I got a pinched nerved in my back and it was to the point that I couldn't even dress myself or even get out of bed on my own!

Thankfully I was able to get into a chiropractor right away and that helped so I can at least walk around and do basic things but I still can't lift much and need lots of rest. He said I could probably start working out next week.

I'm really nervous going a week without working out! I'm someone who needs HARD workouts to stay motivated. If I had the time I'd be running miles on end every day (ok, no time for that but I would love it). I've never been able to pull off a diet without working out so I'm pretty scared for this week. It's so sad too because I finally just got back down to 210 (I was seeing some crazy fluctuations before that) and I was really looking forward to getting under 210 finally!

I have started phase 1 of the south beach diet this week but it's NOT going to be easy because I really need to get some groceries in order to stick to it but there's no way I can go to the grocery store now (especially since we don't have a car so normally I have to wear DD on my back while carrying two huge bags on the subway or bus). I bugged DH the entire day yesterday to go but he refused and I'm *hoping* he'll go today but even then he's not very careful looking at labels and has many time brought back stuff I couldn't eat. So right now I have very limited food options, which makes it even harder for me to stay on plan.

I'm just really scared! I know I need to stick to it but I'm really questioning how that's going to be possible....
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:52 AM   #2  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

I am right with ya on the working out thing. I am on Phase 2 and was doing good working out,but woke up very late the last two days and no time. Of course I suppose I could be doing that instead of posting here.

Totally have to get my butt back in gear!
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #3  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

First of all sorry about your back, feel better soon!!! I know you're probably not feeling up to much right now but would it be doable if your DH can watch your DD and maybe just this once youcould get a cab to the grocery store and get a cab back. If you make your list ahead of time, you may be able to avoid spending that much time reading labels etc and be in and out pretty quick. Otherwise hopefully, your husband agrees to go today and gets just what you want. Take care of yourself!!!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:44 PM   #4  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Good news! I talked to my chiropractor again this morning and he said since I was healing so quickly he thought I could handle a run this weekend as long as it's on gravel/grass. We have a park pretty close by that has some running trails that will work so I'll be able to exercise again soon. Then I'll only have had a 4 day break instead of a whole week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazylioness View Post
I am right with ya on the working out thing. I am on Phase 2 and was doing good working out,but woke up very late the last two days and no time. Of course I suppose I could be doing that instead of posting here.

Totally have to get my butt back in gear!
Good luck! I can't wait to be in phase 2. This is killing (but hopefully in a good way!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastedsmoke View Post
First of all sorry about your back, feel better soon!!! I know you're probably not feeling up to much right now but would it be doable if your DH can watch your DD and maybe just this once youcould get a cab to the grocery store and get a cab back. If you make your list ahead of time, you may be able to avoid spending that much time reading labels etc and be in and out pretty quick. Otherwise hopefully, your husband agrees to go today and gets just what you want. Take care of yourself!!!
Thanks. I talked to DH and he said that was a good idea. Going there I can take public transit so we'd only have to pay for a taxi one way, which isn't too bad. I should be fair to him, he does have a cold so I understand his reluctance on going. It's just hard when I had planned on going yesterday (and really needed to!) and I couldn't. Thankfully, I was able to scrape together a Phase I lunch today even though I really missed out on my usual snacks. I'll be able to go this afternoon and then have food again.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:02 PM   #5  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

maybe you could do resistance training?
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote