A quick ME update

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm ticking along. I've lost 7 of the 15 lbs that I gained back. I've added a TON more cardio (every single day) and my new Groove fit class is really helping with the strength aspect of it. I'm considering taking some Nia as well.

Re-losing the weight that I gained is... harder. lol. Let THAT be a lesson to me.

I'm also going to come right out and say... I've started seeing a counselor about this "funk" I've been in for 6 months... it started right around the time that I reached under 200 lbs. My counselor would like me to go on antidepressants but I'd like to try to cognitive behavioral therapy first. He thinks part of the reason for a quick regain of that 15 has to do with my previous sexual abuse and how it's manifested in my weight gain/loss for my entire life.

So... I'm struggling to deal with my mental issues while keeping sane about food and keeping my exercise up I'm starting to feel better already to be honest!

I love you all... I'm struggling (but this time it's mental...)
  • I wanted to offer you a (((hug))). The mental aspect of weightloss is such the elephant in the room to me. Sometimes I have to sorta of step out of myself and analyze what I am feeling. I have to question myself on why I am wanting certain foods or to over indulge in things like sugar (cake is my vice) , fried foods or way too much alcohol.
    I am proud of you for tackling this issue that's in your way. I always love seeing you around here! You will get there just keep up the fight!
  • I think you are very brave - looking in the mirror is never easy. I know anyone serious about weight loss does it, but you are really delving, and I admire you for it. May you find the strength, healing and peace you are looking for!
  • Well done on hacking back that 7lbs! Re-loss really is so much more difficult!

And well done for tackling the elephant. It's difficult to discover that 'just' losing the weight isn't enough to cure us of what ails us, so I really admire you for meeting this head on.
  • Hugs!
    Glad to see a post from you!

• Glad to see you! And good for you to try to get out of your funk without the meds. Keep us posted.

@ Nikki6, I get it about the alcohol, that is the beast for me. But I'm working on it!
  • I am new here, so I hope you dont' mind me jumping in on this thread.

I aplaud you for getting help! That is just awesome.

I know from experince that losing weight you gained back is very hard. That is where I am now.

I am giving you a standing ovation!
  • Yeah! Good for you on both aspects! It's got to feel good to have the scale moving again, even if it is just covering the same ground as before. I just know you're going to smash your previous low.

I feel like your trip to the therapist is your ticket to maintenance for life. I really do.
  • It's good to hear from you. I think about you from time to time.

As usual, it sounds like you are on top of things as you are always looking to grow and better yourself. I'm excited for you on all fronts.
  • Here's a . Congratulations on the relose of weight. I know how hard it can be to do. The new Groove fit class sounds fun. What's nia?

Judith Beck has a book about Cognitive Therapy. It's called the Beck Diet Solution. I finally started to read it. Good Luck with your therapy.
  • Good to see you, cfmama...keep working away, and know that we're all on your side!

• Getting back to business is the hard part, it seems! And the mental work, I think, is essential to be able to keep the weight off. Sending hugs your way.
  • Hugs and prayers your way. Good luck with the therapy.