3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   How do you record it all? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/215023-how-do-you-record-all.html)

DollyR 10-17-2010 05:34 PM

How do you record it all?

Does everyone here record what they eat each day? If so where and how do you do it? Computer? Hand written journal? Why do you use what you use? I am a visual journaler....and I know I have to write my new journey. Just wondering if there is a new and exciting way out there. The thread on "New Tools" got me thinking about this.

Just curious...

Onederchic 10-17-2010 05:35 PM

sparkpeople.com for me

stucky1987 10-17-2010 05:37 PM

I started out in a journal, but then when I got an iphone I got an app for it for free. I find this easiest for me since I always have my phone on me.

CutieCourt 10-17-2010 05:49 PM

I use the loseit! app on my iphone. You can add friends to it and check up on them throughout the week to make sure they are journaling. A friend I do theater with is my accountability partner and she texts me whenever she sees i havent logged. Plus it gives you an estimated time frame it should take for you to be at your goal if you keep up with everything and has a place where you can log your weight! Its a very easy and fun program and i would recommend it to ANYONE who has an iphone or even ipod touch! You can also log in to you account online too.

Jelbelle 10-17-2010 06:09 PM

I'm currently just using the notepad on my phone, I don't keep track of food, just my daily caloric intake. Whenever I eat I add the calories up and edit the note.

RobinD 10-17-2010 06:13 PM

I'm just using scrap paper and a pen, since I'm the last holdout without a cell phone. It's just to keep track of my calories for the day, then when it's completely used up it gets recycled. I use the backs of junk-mail envelopes, mostly. :-)

stucky1987 10-17-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CutieCourt (Post 3525770)
I use the loseit! app on my iphone. You can add friends to it and check up on them throughout the week to make sure they are journaling. A friend I do theater with is my accountability partner and she texts me whenever she sees i havent logged. Plus it gives you an estimated time frame it should take for you to be at your goal if you keep up with everything and has a place where you can log your weight! Its a very easy and fun program and i would recommend it to ANYONE who has an iphone or even ipod touch! You can also log in to you account online too.

That's the same app I'm using! I just thought is was a little funny :p

IL Mom 67 10-17-2010 06:33 PM

I use Fitday and I love it (I paid for the desktop version). I cook alot and I even put in the homemade stuff I make using the recipe analyzer, which is fantastic: (tried to post the link here but this site says I can't post links until I have 25 posts). If you want it google: calorie count new recipe. So nice to know exactly how many calories/fat are in home cooking.

toobig 10-17-2010 06:41 PM

I buy hardback blank books. I love filling them up.

fatmac 10-17-2010 06:47 PM

I make my own spreadsheet in Excel, but I look up the calorie counts on either Livestrong or Fitday if I don't have it handy on a package.

pamelasusan39 10-17-2010 06:50 PM

I use myfooddiary.com

It calculates calories, carbs, vitamins, etc.......
You can track your food, measurements, exercise on there as well. It's $9 a month but it's the only way that I can see everything in one spot and know whether or not I am on track. I love it.....

AZ Sunrises 10-17-2010 07:13 PM

Calorie Counter on the Droid. :) Love, love, love it.

Creeech 10-17-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamelasusan39 (Post 3525838)
I use myfooddiary.com

It calculates calories, carbs, vitamins, etc.......
You can track your food, measurements, exercise on there as well. It's $9 a month but it's the only way that I can see everything in one spot and know whether or not I am on track. I love it.....

Check this out - it's free and has the same features

http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/

onherweighdown 10-17-2010 09:13 PM

I do it by hand in a notebook.

WildThings 10-17-2010 09:18 PM

I bought Diet Power years ago, then upgrade 3 or 4 years ago to their newer version...this was before I realized there where free programs online, but I do really like Diet Power. I also keep a written journal because I track a large amount of health related stuff throughout the day.