Old 10-13-2010, 09:49 AM   #1  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Default Weight Loss Milestones

What are some "milestones" or "checkpoints" or otherwise significant points in your weight loss journey?

My 2 big hoorays have been

1.) Feeling confident enough to wear my hair pulled back. When I was heavier, my jawline was obscured by extra fat and I was really self conscious about having a thick neck, so my hair was always worn down and half covering my face. Related, I no longer feel totally naked without makeup on.

and

2.) Being able to feel my ribs and hip bones! It was like discovering new body parts for the first time. They're still not visible, but lying in bed poking at them is exciting enough in itself.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:11 AM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Hmmm...many.

Most recently, being able to hop up onto my kitchen counter without even thinking about it. I wasn't expecting that.

Here are the one's I was expecting and was looking forward to:
1. Getting out of the "W" fiasco. I wanted to be a solid 14 and not a 14W or 16W or 18W. What a mess those sizes are.

2. Getting into a size 10 pair of jeans that I accidentally bought for my son at a thrift store but ended up being for women. At the time I was a size 20.

3. Gaining confidence.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:15 PM   #3  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Oh gosh there are so, so many of these....and I think about them all the time and get giddy (even though its been years since I hit most of em).

1) Being able to see that I actually did indeed have collar bones! No one was sure for the first 25years.

2) Not seeing, but being able to find my hip bone. I distinctly remember laying on a x-ray table at 240lbs and the tech not being able to find my hip bone and therefore place the xray machine appropriately. He was disgusted, I was so ashamed.

3) Seeing my ribs...this one is recent. I can actually see all of them at all times now. My torso is super slim, legs carry most of my body fat now.

4) Physical stuff. Being able to do...anything. I couldnt walk a single flight of stairs comfortable. At first it was those small victories and now its getting better at the gym. Agility too - I was recently struck by a car as a pedestrian and jumped mostly out of the way (yay reflexes and muscle strength!) .
xty is offline   Reply With Quote