Old 10-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Smile Three Month Anniversary of my "Lifestyle Change"

Today marks three months that I decided to give up the unhealthy food and sedentary life for a whole food and daily exercise regimen lifestyle!!!

Definitely the first month was the hardest, I had the constant depression of having to lose this much weight, why am I fat?, etc.

After awhile, I got stronger. I feel better than I have felt in a long time. I am 32, and this is the first time I have committed to losing the weight as a thirty-something, but I am feeling better at 32 than I did at 22. I am hoping to weigh less when I turn 33 in a couple of months than I did at 23 (I've got about 10 more to lose before that happens). I have noticed that I can't shed the pounds like I could as a teenager or in my twenties (although I have an 18 month old daughter now, and this is the first attempt at losing since being a Mom, so that might have something to do with it). But as they say, slow and steady wins the race!!!

I've noticed that my main roadblock is when I get mired down in the past: Why did I let myself gain this much weight? Why did I spent the majority of my twenties overweight? Why didn't I take control sooner?

I figure that the past is what it is: The past. I'm going to keep pushing, and I am not looking back! I am now making a healthy future for myself, my husband, and my daughter.

Today I feel proud.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:02 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5

I know what you mean. I wonder how this happened all the time too. And i'm way older than you.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on your progress. I too decided to make a lifestyle change for GOOD. I know this is going to be a slow process, but I figure I didn't put this weight on overnight. Keep it up. We can do it!!
jls0867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:07 AM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Good for you! What a tremendous accomplishment to have three months of a healthy life style under your belt! And you've done well on 36 pounds as well!

It only keeps getting better.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:20 AM   #5  
GoingTheDistance

S/C/G: 313/252/172

Height: 5'10"

Congratulations!
renstwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Thanks!!! I'll have to update at 6 months