Old 10-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default Lovely compliment from the rudest person

I just had the most bizarre weight-related experience and wanted to share.

I was walking down the hall with a friend/co-worker when we ran into a woman we both know. The woman spent some time complimenting me on how "skinny" I was getting, told me how slim my face was looking, I only had one chin, the nice things I have been hearing lately that really give me an ego boost.

As we got closer to our respective office doors and started parting ways, the same woman says "You are taking it all off and giving it all to her!" referring to my friend - who has not gained any weight at all. The woman started giggling.

My jaw hit the floor and I stared at this woman to gather my thoughts for a split second before I responded, "that is the rudest thing I have ever heard someone actually say out loud." My friend didn't hear what the woman said, or my response, but she knew SOMETHING had just happened and I wouldn't repeat it. I learned later that the woman told my friend after I had left, "you look like you gained some weight".

Seriously. What is wrong with people.
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

WOW! What a b****! Can you believe people?
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #3  
The journey begins...

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

She is a severely twisted, unhappy individual. She will get her karma one day! Good for you for opening your mouth. Too bad it didn't stop her from opening hers to hurt your friend.
JillyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/150

Height: 5'11"

WOW!! That's awful! Good for you for your quick comeback. I would have just stood there with my mouth open. What a nasty person!
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:31 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

GOOD FOR YOU! Though I would have accepted "actually looks like I gave it to YOU!" lol

Last edited by beerab; 10-06-2010 at 06:31 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

Ughh that's terrible. And what a position to put you in, as well! What exactly does she expect you to say to that? (Although I quite like the way in which you responded! )

I've had several similar situations. I went with a friend to visit her mother and she commented first about my achievements (for an extensive amount of time), and then proceeded to question my friend in front of me about her lack of achievements in that department. A similar thing happened with a cousin of mine and one of our great aunts.

I just don't understand it. I cannot ever imagine opening my mouth up and having those words come out. One really has to wonder whether these people feel like fools after saying things like this. Apparently she didn't, as she went on to comment about your friend's weight to HER afterward!
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #7  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Kudos to you for standing up for your friend!!!
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Wow, what a jerk! Good for you!
rachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

That's awful!!! I can't believe some people!!! Yay, for sticking up for your friend!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:15 PM   #10  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Amazing, what some people will say! I agree that you handled it well.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:14 PM   #11  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

People never cease to amaze me. Hopefully she'll get what's coming to her.

I was a bridesmaid in a big wedding quite a few years ago. One of the other bridesmaids made a terribly rude comment. All the wedding party's dresses were on a rack. We were all getting dressed in one room. She said, "don't hand me that one it's too big. Who needs that size?!". She knew who needed the size and I was right there. I was just today talking with the bride and she was showing me some current pictures. In one of them was the rude comment lady. She had basically doubled in size from the time she made that comment and was WAY larger than I ever was.

Perhaps it too will happen to your rude comment lady.

Last edited by lovemyboy; 10-07-2010 at 08:15 PM.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:15 PM   #12  

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyboy View Post
People never cease to amaze me. Hopefully she'll get what's coming to her.

I was a bridesmaid in a big wedding quite a few years ago. One of the other bridesmaids made a terribly rude comment. All the wedding party's dresses were on a rack. We were all getting dressed in one room. She said, "don't hand me that one it's too big. Who needs that size?!". She knew who needed the size and I was right there. I was just today talking with the bride and she was showing me some current pictures. In one of them was the rude comment lady. She had basically doubled in size from the time she made that comment and was WAY larger than I ever was.

Perhaps it too will happen to your rude comment lady.
see? karma
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:53 PM   #13  

Height: 5'5"

You're a good friend, glad you were able to say something. I would have thought of something snappy to say about twelve hours later ...
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:21 AM   #14  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

I will never understand why some people are so rude and thoughtless.
I used to be so shocked that I couldn't think of anything to say - and then I would become very depressed. Now I am more able to make a comment - but none of it feels good.

Good for you for taking a stand!
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:44 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

I feel pretty good about saying something also. I even tried to save the woman "face" by not repeating what was going on in order to keep it between her and I and then she had to open her mouth.

My friend tells me that this woman (who works in her office, not in mine, but we are all same building) has completely avoided her since that day.
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote