GROOVIN your workout

• I've been talking a lot on facebook about my new fitness class that I joined (and FREAKING LOVE!!!!!)

It's called Groove fit... and you GROOVE your workout! If you can find a class near you (it's pretty new... but keep checking!) GO GO GO!

You can do this class if you are 500 pounds. I COULD have done this class at 377. You can kick it as hard as you want or take it to a level that works for you. People with mobility problems have done it while seated. IT'S FANTASTIC!

http://www.nia-lisa.ca/about-groove-fitness.html

check it out!!!!
  • Is it similar to Zumba? I've enjoyed Zumba so much and lost weight from the classes that I became a Zumba instructor. I LOVE Zumba classes, they're fun and the time flies!
  • Is there a difference between this and Zumba? I've always been embarassed to go to a Zumba class =/
  • haha, didn't see her reply :P scratch that!
  • OMG! That looks like so much fun! I just did a search and can't find anything in my area but I will keep looking.

Thanks for sharing!
  • @Creeech Don't be embarrassed to go to Zumba! It's the best class ever - and there are women (and sometimes men!) of all shapes, sizes, ages and fitness levels in there.

My very first Zumba class, I laughed my way through most of it. Every time the instructor and class went left, I went right; every time they did a turn and were facing the back, I was facing the front. But I LOVED it - loved the energy, loved the workout, loved the music and loved how much fun I had.

If you keep going to the same instructor, you will begin to learn her choreography for her "signature" songs, and after a class or two, you will be dancing right along with everyone else, anticipating the next moves. The best part is that Zumba instructors are taught to choreograph songs into "sets," so you can anticipate that the chorus of a song will always be the same steps, the verse will always be the same steps, etc.

I lost my first twenty pounds easily doing Zumba, and love it so much, I got the instructor training and still attend classes a year later. In my opinion, it's the best fitness class out there - when the hour is up, the whole class is usually asking the instructor for "just one more song!" Take a friend and give it a shot, I am so glad I tried it.
  • I have the Bellyfit Earth dvd, but haven't tried it yet (there's a clip at the bottom of the page that was linked).

Sherry
  • Zumba requires you to learn choreography... and while that's okay for SOME people for others it will stop them from going! Groove is two to three SUPER EASY moves per song. AND if you want to do something different? Then do it!!!!

I love love love love love it!
  • This sounds and looks like so much fun!!!!
    It'll probably be YEARS before any gym around here will offer it (I checked and there isn't a single gym in all of Germany that does this), but... If I had access to it, I would definitely go - and probably get a few friends to go as well.

Keep enjoying it!
  • That really looks like a lot of fun! I'm going to talk to my new boss lady to see if this would be something she can offer...she does bollywood, reggae & other things mixed into the zumba classes already though.
    I don't want to teach it though & I know she'll ask lol I look like a total spaz with zumba but I embrace the spaz from within