Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 08:14 AM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default I am challenging YOU!!

It is Wednesday October 23, 2002.

Everyone, wherever you are... go outside and walk for a few minutes. Doesn't have to be a marathon, just go outside and walk. Bundle up if it is cold, take an umbrella if it is raining. Go out on your lunch break, even if it is for 5 minutes but just go outside and get some fresh air and stretch your legs.

Then...come back here and let me know how you did.

At the end of today I want to see a zillion post saying YES I went out and had a little walk today and I felt so much better for the fresh air and stretch.

You don't have to power walk anywhere, just a little stroll. come on you guys can do this for me, can't you? Just a little walk, you can do it.

Old 10-23-2002, 08:26 AM   #2  

You're on, Jen! The last two days have been beautiful here and dh and I walked each day. It's supposed to cloud over by afternoon today and then be rainy the next couple (and colder). But that five minutes can refresh your whole spirit. In these stressful times (and I read of ALL sorts of stress our chickies are undergoing), it's a really BIG help. We all know how stress plays into undermining our determination and progress and five minutes of fresh air and a bit of time to ourselves goes a long way to maintaining a sense of balance.
Old 10-23-2002, 08:49 AM   #3  

While battling a nasty head cold, I have been comforting myself with food. And lots of it. Haven't made a move except to drive to work, sit behind my desk and then drive home and sit on the couch. I have been feeling worse.

So Jen..count me in! I can do this. What is 10-15 minutes out of my day? I am gonna do it.

I am gonna force myself, nomatter what to do it. SOunds like I am over exagerrating, doesn't it?

But am not. As I sit here, I look at the date and wonder where the **** all the time has gone. I haven't stepped on the scale, but I know it's gone up a bit again. 39 days till my birthday. I am going to spend today putting together a plan of action. I don't know how far I will get in 39 days, but I know I will be lighter than I am today and I will feel like am turning 27, not 47.

So..with you're little challenge today...it may just motivate me. And I will be doing it with a nice little blister on my foot too. That's been my excuse on top of my cold not to go outside.

So..Jen...thank you. It's on!

Old 10-23-2002, 01:36 PM   #4  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I have my tennies on! I have to find my sunglasses, but putting the socks & shoes on is half the battle!!!
Old 10-23-2002, 01:51 PM   #5  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the challenge Jen. I got dressed (a major accomplishment some days ) & got my walking shoes on. Gathered up my almost 3 year old granddaughter, my 82 year old mother (she lives with me), Mom's oxygen tank, my cane and we set off. We made it all the way down to the end of my street and back (about 1/2 mile). This is the first time I've walked farther than the parking lot to the grocery store in I can't REMEMBER how long. Thank you, thank you thank you!
Old 10-23-2002, 02:20 PM   #6  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I walked for about 20-25 min around our business park. I feel much better.

Thank you Jen, for issuing this challenge.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:34 PM   #7  
hot mom wanna be!

Smile I did it!

I walked all over the mall today (actually two different malls) it was my day off!

laura
Old 10-23-2002, 07:32 PM   #8  

Didn't do the walk in the park today but did walk down to neighbor's for a visit and then a walk back. Both made me feel better.
Old 10-23-2002, 08:24 PM   #9  
Catwoman

I got up this morning and even though it was misty raining I was up early enough that I could let bubbs sleep with his dad and I woke the dog up and went walking around my property 1.5 kms, and Im going to do more later Im sick of being too slack to exersize and I want to get back into an hour a day.
Great challenge Jen thanks
Old 10-23-2002, 08:42 PM   #10  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I'm so happy to hear that so many of you took up the challenge and got outside for a walk. Great job!

As for me after I logged off this morning I heard Drake waking up and after we had breakfast we went for a nice long walk. His stroller was starting to get a little dusty, it had been so long since we had been out walking. I'm going to do that on all my days off when I take him to day care. We're going to go out for a walk beforehand. I always get so busy during the rest of the day that I sometimes forget to exercise.

How did everyone else do??
Old 10-24-2002, 01:28 AM   #11  
Catwoman

Smile PHew!

Just finished another 50 min walk with the pusher this time.
Ive seen a program advertised called strollersize its about exersizing with you baby. It's a great idea Jen as they love going for walks.
Hope everyone does well, remember Move it or lose it!
Old 10-24-2002, 01:33 PM   #12  

I'm in to, I did 15 min on the treadmill and 5 min on the rec. bike at the gym. I also added some weights and other stuff so I'm happy!

Bella23
Old 10-24-2002, 05:17 PM   #13  

Oops - my walk today was in Target. Cold and rainy here.
Old 10-26-2002, 09:12 AM   #14  

But Friday I went out in the cold and the (light) rain and got in a good walk.
Old 10-26-2002, 09:08 PM   #15  
Catwoman

Its wonderful to see everyone motivated to exersize. I got up early again today and did an hours walk. Im amazed at how much I can walk now without puffing and having to stop. When I started walking 3 months ago I was a mess! Today I did 2kms without having to stop and rest. Im so happy I am finially getting fitter.
Closed Thread